PDA

View Full Version : Stanty?

truckmonster
25th June 2007, 17:00
Any news on John Stant after the crash at rockingham, i think he had to go to hostpital? The racing at rockingham was very dangerous on sunday and i beleive should not have been run in those conditions. Many of the drivers were struggling with visibility, and i was surprised to see such little damage in race 2!

Abo
25th June 2007, 17:52
Any news on John Stant after the crash at rockingham, i think he had to go to hostpital? The racing at rockingham was very dangerous on sunday and i beleive should not have been run in those conditions. Many of the drivers were struggling with visibility, and i was surprised to see such little damage in race 2!

I got an email off him this morning, and he didn't say it was from a hospital bed so I'm assuming everything is a-ok! :D

JDPower
25th June 2007, 18:18
Many of the drivers were struggling with visibility, and i was surprised to see such little damage in race 2!
Why was that, do they not have any kind of demister or were they just caught by surprise?
I was shocked at how little visibility some of them were racing with (ie having a spotter guide you step by step into pits or round stopped cars cos they couldn't see more than a few feet ahead!). I was half expecting race control to throw a caution to allow them all to come in to clear their windscreens, as they did with the SCSA cars recently to allow grills to be cleared of rubbish. Would have been a sensible option IMO.

Dave17
25th June 2007, 18:31
Only three of four pickups had demisting problems as opposed to all the ASCAR's having debris in their grills. Why penalize the majority of the field with a yellow?

Stanty looked Ok, if a little groggy, when I saw him at the end.

JDPower
25th June 2007, 18:44
Only three of four pickups had demisting problems as opposed to all the ASCAR's having debris in their grills. Why penalize the majority of the field with a yellow?
Well I could see from the stands more than three or four trucks with steamed up screens.

Tiesse
25th June 2007, 19:08
On the upside for John, we did feel guilty on Sunday at how many of their excellent Cheerios bars that we consumed during the day & ended up buying a mug & a mousemat.

Abo
25th June 2007, 19:20
On the upside for John, we did feel guilty on Sunday at how many of their excellent Cheerios bars that we consumed

They *do* make a handy breakfast, especially when you're in the garage next to him ;) Cheers John! :D

Dave17
25th June 2007, 22:10
Well I could see from the stands more than three or four trucks with steamed up screens.

Well I was only 10 feet away.........

Although the majority of the screens were misted up ON THE WALL SIDE the drivers side were clear.

pickup
25th June 2007, 22:36
Why was that, do they not have any kind of demister or were they just caught by surprise?

Originally the pickups were fitted with heated screens but too many were breaking especially at Rockingham some using a windscreen per meeting so the rules were changed to allow the use of lexan screens.
I would think if it were to be a continual problem some kind of ducting could be fitted to help clear the screen (hopefully those conditions wont be repeated to often).

The Pits!
25th June 2007, 22:46
as most use RainX on the outside of the windshield, why didn't they try their 'Anti-Fog' on the inside?

Chigley
25th June 2007, 23:41
Steve Dance did have Rainex on the inside as well as the outside of his screen, but to use his expression he was "uncomfortable" (somewhat of an understatement !!!) in the first couple of laps as he couldn't see a thing particularly at the start.

Several drivers stopped during the caution period to pick up long handled squeegies, one, and I can't remember who didn't even stop, the squeegy was thrown in through the window.

stanty
26th June 2007, 14:46
Many thanks for your concern folks, you have all been very kind, our telephone has been red hot.

The excellent medical staff at Rockingham decided to send us onto Kettering, due to having some head pain and being a bit wobbly on my pins.

We escaped from there late on Sunday evening, having been checked out and diagnosed with some brain swell and concussion…. Yes, they did find one in there!

Shame really, I was really enjoying myself out there, its was the most exciting races I have been in, not a great deal of visibility, thank goodness Briggsy was in front of me, I could see his car with the Nokia logo on the rear and he is a driver that you can really trust… plus he had a rain light on!

Thanks to our lads who had a really late night on Sunday, Pete, Mike and Keith, couldn’t do it without them!.. Lawrence and Gillian for your hep and offer of hospitality (sorry we lost your phone number!)

Thanks to the all of the excellent people that we rely on at Rockingham, the safety team, medical staff and marshals, you are all worth your weight in gold.

We are running a campaign to have a part of the Med centre renamed the “Stevie Dobbs wing”.. well he spends more time in there than anybody!!... only kidding Dobsy!

It’s going to be a real struggle to have the car out for the anniversary meeting, we spent most of the budget on the last crash, but we are desperate to be there.
Cheers
Stanty

TeamRogers69
26th June 2007, 15:27
Glad to hear you're well John.

I'm sure that I speak for most (if not all) to say that it's not the same without the Cheerios truck on the grid, so can I suggest you you put together a list of parts/items that you need to beg/borrow for the next meeting and email them through. I will also copy the list to Stuart at Just 4 Motorsport (truck 39).

Maybe any other teams who can help in anyway could send John a private message with their email address as well. I'm convinced that in true pickup truck racing spirit, everyone will rally around to help in anyway we can.

We look forward to hearing from you john.

[email:yw6gt0ki]dean@teamrogersracing.co.uk[/email:yw6gt0ki]

stanty
26th June 2007, 15:39
Many thanks Dean, the feeling is definately mutual, you guys have been brilliant asset to PUT racing since you joined, and such a fun bunch, there is always a friendly welcome in your garage!

Shame you had that engine problem at the weekend, hope you get sorted for the annaversary round
Cheers
Stanty

TeamRogers69
26th June 2007, 15:45
Cheers John

Maybe we could build one truck out of the two?

The White Lady
26th June 2007, 16:41
If you look closely, he's at the front leading the pack off turn 1 at the start of lap 2, 2nd race :D

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/GillianCreaser/DSC01204.jpg

Right where he belongs ;)

on the fence
8th July 2007, 20:22
I hear romours that this may be the end of his season, lets hope not, I always find them such a friendly bunch and fantastic with my children.

The White Lady
8th July 2007, 22:10
I do hope you're wrong, please say it aint so John :(

Hope the headache is better now.

Tiesse
8th July 2007, 22:30
How much money are we talking? Thought we could maybe start up a booster club of some description (for example £50 donation gets your name on the truck etc.).

I appreciate that other teams may suffer from low funds, however the Cheerios paintjob is striking & memorable, to think of a grid without them (especially at the anniversary meeting) is unthinkable.

racing59
9th July 2007, 00:22
He can't be allowed to go.

The paddock needs a balanced diet.

Breakfast from Cheerios
Lunch would be Domino's
And for sweets - see Tony Hurdle for some jelly beans.

tambow21
9th July 2007, 19:05
hope everything is all well. havent spoke to john in a while. theyre a gr8 bunch of lads and hopefully ill be back at the rock next weekend with them

just_smile99
9th July 2007, 20:44
i wish he does continue the season...it wouldnt be the same otherwise!!!
their a bunch of great guys...and the truck is great, cant miss that in a crowd!

Laura

XxXxX

stanty
11th July 2007, 16:13
Hello all, many thanks for your support and encouraging words. We are desperate to get out for the tenth anniversary meeting, but realistically I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Our budget won’t stretch to two big hits into the Rockingham wall, but we are trying everything we can to be there, I have a fair percentage of my house contents on EBay at the moment!

If we do make it, we’ve either borrowed some cash or robbed a bank! us scousers are supposed to be experts at the latter!

We will just have to get pit kid working hard to sell a lot more key rings!
Cheers, all the best

Stanty

Tiesse
11th July 2007, 18:02
If we do make it, we’ve either borrowed some cash or robbed a bank! us scousers are supposed to be experts at the latter!

Stanty

I thought scousers were experts at 'borrowing' parts off of cars (wheels etc!)

I got a text joke this week that backs it up.

"Liverpool Airport has been closed due to a suspicious vehicle. The car had 12 month's MOT, road tax, was insured & still had it's wheels & CD player."