PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Daniel
25th June 2007, 09:43
Or is it a little wet outside? I had to go through a huge puddle about 30 m long and a bit over half a foot deep in places.

They're apparently going to have ground frost in Scotland later this week.

Happy summer everyone :mark:

janneppi
25th June 2007, 09:47
I could have done with some rain last week, it hadn't rained for a while and the potato field i was working was a bit hard to put it mildly.

AndyRAC
25th June 2007, 09:48
No, soaking here as well, but drivers are being idiots.

Mark
25th June 2007, 10:04
The north east got a drenching on Saturday. Wor lass was in Chester-le-Street with some friends, and the main street turned into a river, one of her friends shoes fell off and then sailed off down the road never to be seen again :laugh:

We went along to the pub that night to find a fire engine outside trying to pump the water out of the bar, and there appeared to be a brand new river where the car park should be.

Even the pub at the top of the hill we ended up at said that their electricity had been off for most of the afternoon.

Daniel
25th June 2007, 10:37
Rain's still coming down and I think it's getting worse :mark:

There was water coming out of manhole covers as I drove into work.

We've been open since 8:30 and not had one call for technical assistance at all. It's going to be a long day if it goes on like this.....

Flat.tyres
25th June 2007, 10:57
theres not a single cloud in the sky here. theres hundreds of the buggers and theyre all dropping everything theyve got :(

Im just glad im too old for Glastonbury these days :)

Mark
25th June 2007, 11:19
Im just glad im too old for Glastonbury these days :)

I've always been too old for Glastonbury :p

btw, if I perfer the Radio 2 play list to Radio 1, does that mean I'm now offiically old?

Daniel
25th June 2007, 11:26

btw, if I perfer the Radio 2 play list to Radio 1, does that mean I'm now offiically old?
Same here. I almost never listen to Radio 1 unless I'm flicking from channel to channel. Radio 1 is teh suxxors

Flat.tyres
25th June 2007, 12:23

Dont know, not that old yet but i suspect it does :p :

Answer these questions.

Is Shag
a. A Carpet
b. something you want to do one day

What do you do with pussy
a. Stroke it
b. look at it in Nuts

When driving, would you be most likely to say
a. You wont get there any quicker
b. No officer, I just borrowed it from a mate. Forgotten his name.

A stereo should be
a. between 1 and 2 on volume depending on the the overtones of the composition
b. max bass until your internal organs rupture

Coke is
a. Used in steam engines
b. what you spend your dole money on

Opera is
a. Stimulating, moving and powerful
b. ricky Lakes mum

If you answered a. then you've missed R2 and instead started atraight at R4 or even worse, classic FM. If you answered b. then stay at R1. If you understood this then stay at R2, play dumb and keep your mouth shut or i'll tell the R1 listeners where you live.

Brown, Jon Brow
25th June 2007, 15:58
Or is it a little wet outside? I had to go through a huge puddle about 30 m long and a bit over half a foot deep in places.

They're apparently going to have ground frost in Scotland later this week.

Happy summer everyone :mark:

Well it was raining at Oulton Park yesterday but i somehow managed to get sunburn :confused: :mad:

Drew
25th June 2007, 17:14

Try driving round here, all the women in their 4x4s are certainly smug now :p :

Daniel
25th June 2007, 17:23
Here as in Bangor or here as in Devon? :mark:

Drew
25th June 2007, 17:27
Here as in Bangor or here as in Devon? :mark:

In Devon, apparently it's quite warm up in Bangor :\

Daniel
25th June 2007, 17:36
For once........

Dave B
25th June 2007, 17:39
It's been steadily raining all day here in Kent, but not particularly hard.

Meanwhile in Hull, it appears that the weather has cost a man his life :(
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6236348.stm

Drew
25th June 2007, 18:01
For once........

Haha, true. Well from what I've seen on the news (that'd be Newsround ;) ) it's not as bad here as in some places :eek:

jim mcglinchey
25th June 2007, 18:46
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6236348.stm[/URL]

I don't understand why they couldnt save the man even if it meant cutting his foot off.

GridGirl
25th June 2007, 18:52
I've just driven pretty much all the way home from work, in the fast lane of a duel carriage way. I wouldn't normally do that but the puddles were so big that all the pedestrians were getting completely soaked. I really dont think some of the people I saw would of have a dry part on their body when lorries and such were throwing up so much water driving past them at 40mph.

KateB
25th June 2007, 22:06
Stranger alert! I'm revisiting some of my old haunts given that I have all the time in the world... Fizzicist hs taken nearly 4 hours to get home from Bradford to Sheffield because of the weather. And 3 of those hours have been within the Sheffield walls...

I'm hungry and want my dinner.

janneppi
28th June 2007, 12:32
You people could have kept the rain there for a bit longer, now the same bloody rain has been here for two days, luckily it has lost most of it's strength and i live in a area that is way higher than the neighbouring areas. :)

schmenke
28th June 2007, 16:13
Warm and sunny here... for a change :mark:

Dave B
28th June 2007, 17:40
Warm and sunny here (Kent) too, but apparently it's going to chuck it down again for the next few days. :(

Daniel
28th June 2007, 18:28
I can confirm that there's a bit of rain up here and it's heading down to you Dave :p Have fun!

schmenke
28th June 2007, 18:30
We have a long weekend coming up so it will undoubtedly be wet... :rolleyes:

Eki
28th June 2007, 18:43
I could have done with some rain last week, it hadn't rained for a while and the potato field i was working was a bit hard to put it mildly.
And you claim you're an expert in hydraulics. Couldn't you make some hydraulic jackhammer work for you?

stevie_gerrard
28th June 2007, 19:47
we got away with it in Tenby in wales, good sunshine for 3 days between Tuesday and Thursday, what a perfect holiday.

On the way home, it started chucking it down :p : don't you just really hate the british weather? :p :