PDA

View Full Version : Martin Clarke - will he bring more live footy to Ireland?

Valve Bounce
25th June 2007, 02:25
I read in another article that Tadgh Kennelly's involvement in the Sydney Swans (sorry if spelling is wrong) has brought direct telecast of Swans games to Ireland. Well, stand aside, Tadgh, because Martin Clarke is even more spectacular, gathering 20 possesions in his first AFL game for Collingwood.
Here are two articles I am sure all Irishmen would dearly love to read and keep:

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21958122%255E20322,00.html

and: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21961392%255E19742,00.html

I saw in a news clip yesterday the phenomenal ball control this young fella has - he was bouncing the oval ball on his foot and shoulders and arms like most gifted soccer players bounce the round ball. For once, I am looking forward to Collingwood games.

And to all Gaelic Football fans, there is a very good chance you will see this 19 year old from County Down plaing in the Grand Final in the last week of September this year.

So, keep your eyes peeled to the Herald Sun for more news each week on this fabulous young player.

SOD
25th June 2007, 02:36
Co. Down could do with him in the gaelic football. I'm sure he's getting paid a lot more for playing for the Sydney Swans.

Tadhg Kennelly, the O h-Ailpín brothers, are all big losses to GAA.

I know that TG4 show AFL highlights, I don't think that any other station shows the games.

Valve Bounce
25th June 2007, 03:45
Co. Down could do with him in the gaelic football. I'm sure he's getting paid a lot more for playing for the Sydney Swans.

Tadhg Kennelly, the O h-Ailpín brothers, are all big losses to GAA.

I know that TG4 show AFL highlights, I don't think that any other station shows the games.

Sorry, but Martin is a Magpie :( and not with the Swans.

Pity he is not with Essendon, because Sheedy could sure as heck work some magic with him.

fandango
25th June 2007, 22:23
I used to live near Croke Park. September Sunday morning culchies having a picnic out of the back of a car on your doorstep. When it was Co. Down they had those paper caps with "UP DOWN" printed on them.

Valve Bounce
26th June 2007, 05:58
I used to live near Croke Park. September Sunday morning culchies having a picnic out of the back of a car on your doorstep. When it was Co. Down they had those paper caps with "UP DOWN" printed on them.

Well, I hope you will be able to watch this guy play on the telly. If the telecast is direct, then it will probably be at some ungodly hour, so check you TV programmes.

fandango
26th June 2007, 22:59
Well, I hope you will be able to watch this guy play on the telly. If the telecast is direct, then it will probably be at some ungodly hour, so check you TV programmes.

Doubt if it'll be on round here....