PDA

View Full Version : Jani Paasonen leave WRC

A.F.F.
18th December 2006, 13:16
If we are going to honor retired WRC drivers we have to fix our standards goddammit. Jani was the fastest of them all :up:

Tomi
18th December 2006, 13:17
No, are you sure, is he leaving again?? Im sure he bounce back :)

GigiGalliNo1
18th December 2006, 13:25
is he leaving again??

He left?

JAMESWRC
18th December 2006, 13:37
Would love to see Jani back in WRC

JAM
18th December 2006, 14:23
Jani was the fastest of them all :up:

And one the more destructive as well :D

Josti
18th December 2006, 15:15
If we are going to honor retired WRC drivers we have to fix our standards goddammit. Jani was the fastest of them all :up:

I'm very sorry to hear your hero is leaving WRC Jani :down:

I never tought he did that bad. He even did very good some times. I was pretty convinced that after Finland 2004, he would get higher, but 2005 was just horrible for him. Such a shame...

Ah well, I'm certain w'll see him in action at NORF sometime.

Leon
19th December 2006, 10:19
Paasonen always reminds me of another "fast but fragile" or "fast until crash" finnish driver called Ari Mokkonen. Anyone remember him?

Tomi
19th December 2006, 10:35
Paasonen always reminds me of another "fast but fragile" or "fast until crash" finnish driver called Ari Mokkonen. Anyone remember him?

yes sure, should we start a tread for him too?

Leon
19th December 2006, 11:31
of course not. No new "tread"

Tomi
19th December 2006, 11:38
of course not. No new "tread"
just joking :)

Leon
19th December 2006, 11:40
No problem at all

teufel
19th December 2006, 13:14
Jani will start in Janner Rallye in Austria on the second weekend of January in a groupN evoIX.

Tomi
19th December 2006, 13:19
Jani will start in Janner Rallye in Austria on the second weekend of January in a groupN evoIX.

there is still small hope then :)

PLuto
19th December 2006, 13:52
He and his friends are trying to find budget to start in whole Czech championship.

Tomi
19th December 2006, 13:58
He and his friends are trying to find budget to start in whole Czech championship.
Nice to hear, every driver should have friends like that.

A.F.F.
19th December 2006, 14:21
That proves what Jani has said all along. He drives for the joy of driving :)

RS
19th December 2006, 15:25
That proves what Jani has said all along. He drives for the joy of driving :)

Jani's one of the good guys.

The Skoda driver lineup for 2005 should have been McRae, with Paasonen and Bengue to share car 2. Kick out the slow ones (Schwarz and Tuohino)

He seems to have found some nice friends in the Czech Republic though and has been quite active over there (Octavia Cup, Czech Championship, Rallycross) Been eating a few too many dumplings though from the photos I have seen :D

I could see him getting a run in a Fabia S2000 sometime :)

DonJippo
19th December 2006, 16:44
Been eating a few too many dumplings though from the photos I have seen :D

That and too many Velko's... ;)

A.F.F.
19th December 2006, 18:55
C'mon RS. The boy is healthy when he eats ;) :D

Peugeot206WRC
19th December 2006, 20:16
But then maybe he got time to do some races in sweden too... Like when he got beaten by Kruse (Megane) and Svan (Astra) with his Lancer...

Just kidding... Well, its sad, think he deserved more rallies in 2005
He hasnt done any international rallies this year???

Wim_Impreza
19th December 2006, 20:22
He hasnt done any international rallies this year???

He has done this year the Jänner Rallye, the Bohemia Rally with an Octavia WRC, Pražský Rallysprint and probably some other rallies.

Jarek Z
20th December 2006, 09:14
Two weeks ago Jani Paasonen also competed in a rallysprint in Poland called Barborka Rally (http://www.barborka.pl). He made a lot of mistakes and his results were really bad (he was 26th overal), but spectators loved his driving on the last stage. Jani knew that he had already screwed it up, so he did a lot of slides and donuts for the public.

A photo from Barborka Rally:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=2017&pg_[go]=118

In an interview after the rally he was asked whether there is any chance that he will drive a factory car. He said: "Each day the chance becomes smaller. Unfortunately, in contrast to Mikko Hirvonen, I don't cooperate with someone like Timo Jouhki."

In January 2007 Paasonen will drive the Jaenner Rally in Austria. More details here:
http://www.rallyforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113160

Tomi
20th December 2006, 11:16
In an interview after the rally he was asked whether there is any chance that he will drive a factory car. He said: "Each day the chance becomes smaller. Unfortunately, in contrast to Mikko Hirvonen, I don't cooperate with someone like Timo Jouhki."
http://www.rallyforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=113160

Yes true, he is one of those i think of as our lost generation, together with Pykälistö,Tuohino they did have some backing but not enough, when you have limited chanses to show, it often ends up with overdriving, that i think did happen to both Jani and Pykälistö, but good the rally still goes on for all of them, in 1 way or another. :)
Jani is the only one of our boys since Markku, who has the "total maximum attack", I guess thats why he is so liked also, he is a good showman too.

Jarek Z
20th December 2006, 11:46
Well, he can now feel what it is like to be a rally driver from Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, UK, Belgium, Holland, Austria and other countries, where nobody helps and driver has to take care of everything himself (car, sponsors, mechanics etc.) if he wants to continue his career.

That's what it looks like in the rest of Europe, Finnish friends!

Tomi
20th December 2006, 11:58
Well, he can now feel what it is like to be a rally driver from Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, UK, Belgium, Holland, Austria and other countries, where nobody helps and driver has to take care of everything himself (car, sponsors, mechanics etc.) if he wants to continue his career.

That's what it looks like in the rest of Europe, Finnish friends!

No different here too, only thing is that i have never heard any of our guys cry