PDA

View Full Version : Lada help please

Avtovaz
24th June 2007, 21:23
Hello, i dont knwo if this is the right place on this forum to ask, but could some one give me some advice please?

Where is best to get motorsport parts for the Lada 2105?

Im Looking for a LSD [sper diffi] plate type NOT torsion/screw type and a 5 speed gear kit with straight teath.

Thankyou
Jonathan
Uk

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 00:39
Where is best to get motorsport parts for the Lada 2105?

I think the best place - to search details in Russia :) Or in Latvia or Estonia, where these things were produced. I'll try to ask Russian enthuziasts.

By the way, the most powerful LADA was built in 2004 in Togliatti for Latvian crew:

http://rallyrusmedia.com/gall000/categories.php?cat_id=26

Avtovaz
25th June 2007, 02:04
Alex Nakhapetov - HELLO!

i was watching some Vids from Russia you linked on the vid thread and thankyou!!!!

The Mega lada, what engine is in her? Defonatly some Lada for sure!

I saw a request by a Russian guy on the hungarian Lada pages the other day asking for help on gear boxes, so i didnt know if ther was much in Russia still, he said it was mainly sputnik and later models parts suplied for not classic.

If you find anything, plz let me know!

thanks and best regards
Jonathan

shurik
25th June 2007, 12:22
You can find lada parts in Eastern Europe mainly, exept Russia.. The only usefull parts I managed to find for RWD Lada is 5.13 and 5.34 final drive, disk and screw type LSD, steering booster both electrical and hydraulic. Thats all.. Though there's a lot of engine stuff - 1.5-2.0 liter engine kits, exaust kits, etc..
Gearboxes.. you can find one or two straightcut dogboxes in Russia, the ones that were built during VFTS era, or build one, but it will cost you more that buying a Hungarian gearbox. Even for me importing hungarian gearbox is cheaper than building or seeking for one in my country. :(

Avtovaz
25th June 2007, 19:21
I was thinking it would be cheeper to get parts from Hungary, but everyone i ask seems not to know exactly what im after or have used the parts them selves.

I was the 2.78 first gear box with the direct top so i can stick with standard 4.4:1 ratio, that will be very handy for me.

The 2000cc conversion, is that with after market rods, crank and pistons?

Do you know what block you use? 2106?

Thanks!

shurik
26th June 2007, 08:38
The 2000cc conversion, is that with after market rods, crank and pistons?

Do you know what block you use? 2106?

Thanks!
Yep, aftermarket it is. 86, 88 or 90 cranks, 82.5 to 84mm bore.. con rods 136 to 146mm usually..
2106 block is great for 1600 engines, but for lager engines 21213 or 2130 block is better - you can bore them up to 84mm. afaik 21213 has the same height as 2106 and 2130 is 1.5mm higher.
There is another conversion, quite controversial, 86mm bore using custom bush sleeves and 86mm crank - geometry is great, valves have more clearance from cumbustion chamber wall, but block itself becomes to flexible and thats what kills all the fun

shurik
26th June 2007, 08:40
I was thinking it would be cheeper to get parts from Hungary, but everyone i ask seems not to know exactly what im after or have used the parts them selves.

Same thing for me :( I'll probably take some vacation is autumn and travel to Hungary, to see what exactly is available

Avtovaz
28th June 2007, 01:35
hmm, 86mm!!!! thats obscene! ...............which is nice! ;)

I have just been offered a single point injection niva engine, is that 21213? if that will go bigger than 2106 then ill have that built as i am rallying ready for installation as and when.

If you plan to come to Hungary, will you come by LADA? Lada Barati Kor organises a closed club event in maybe August, that would be cool if you want to come, ill ask for you invite?

Thankyou btw so much for the help. Nice to talk to someone who does know ;)

shurik
28th June 2007, 11:30
I dunno, probably it's 2106 block, the export engine with GM ECU, you can check if it has 21213 or 2106 number on it.. real difference is that 213 block has modified cooling system, wich means more metal around sleeves and a bit lesser cooling efficiency, execept 82mm bore in stock, rest is a same, even cylinder head, wich is quite strange - vaz still using 2101 layout on 1700cc engine, wich was good for 1200cc engine only.

About the event.. Well, it will be hard to make 2000 km on a car that has rollcage, sport seats and absolutely no sound insulation inside ))) Though it would be cool indeed to take a part in Lada Barati Kor event.. gotta remember my hungarian and check my passport, who knows what may happen :D

Avtovaz
28th June 2007, 21:12
Oh, just found out this motor is a multi point niva motor!

Its 300km away, but maybe worth the journey, its seized aparently though :(

shurik
29th June 2007, 10:44
Well if its volume is 1.7 or more, then it's 21213 block probably..

Altas
15th July 2011, 09:36
Hello Jonathan,

As maybe you know that VFTS has came from Lithuania :) So I have something to propose you as I'm working with genuine constructors of VFTS for engines and gearbox. Up to now they are preparing LADA engines racing. Some original parts, modifications are available too. Of course first of all constructor knowledges, skills, experience.
If you or somebody else have a interest then welcome you.
Best regards,
Aurimas T.
Lithuania
Lada 1600 RALLY 1976-1981 under restoration
LADA 2105 VFTS

dimviii
15th July 2011, 13:17
in 80s we used to install fiat 124 sport diffs at Ladas 2101-2105.Its straight change.no modifications and its a disc one which you can adjust the percentage of slip very easy.