PDA

View Full Version : What happens to the lost 2 rounds today?

Larsen
24th June 2007, 18:38
Will they make up the 2 rounds in another meeting?

Its a great shame that the weather was not being very lenient today but i would assume that these 2 races will probably take place during the next meeting on a saturday. Unless im wrong?

Tiesse
24th June 2007, 19:04
As afr as my memory will let me recall the missed race last year, I seem to think it was just written off.

thenumber7
24th June 2007, 19:14
so what happened today then what races went ahead, what was the size of the crowd?

LessThanSte
24th June 2007, 20:22
Crowd was decent, though that was maybe because everyone was in the rockingham building rather than turn 1/4!

Everything raced, except V8's. The trucks were ace, if you havnt heard yet, all i will say is 'Seven Thousandths' and all should be explained!

As for the races, maybe we could have a 100 mile race or something sometime in the future to make up for one of them!

Tiesse
24th June 2007, 20:22
The SCSA cars didn't race due to the rain (although Keith White did hid best to demonstrate why the cars don't race in the wet on a demonstration lap - he spun!)

Other than that a good day's entertainment. The first pickup race was fantastic with barely a fag paper between 1st & 2nd (see below - that is Paul Poulter the other side of Gavin Seager). The second pickup race was a bit of an anti climax I felt.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/Tiesse68/_MG_1675.jpg

LessThanSte
24th June 2007, 20:24
The guy leaning on the barrier appears to be throwing his Coffee. Obviously a Seager fan :P

bravheart
29th June 2007, 22:25
Will they make up the 2 rounds in another meeting?

Its a great shame that the weather was not being very lenient today but i would assume that these 2 races will probably take place during the next meeting on a saturday. Unless im wrong?

I was told today by someone at the BRSCC that 1 of the missed rounds could possibly be moved to the Saturday on the July meeting and the other to the Saturday on the August meeting!

Larsen
29th June 2007, 23:45
Sounds like great news if its true :)

Dave17
1st July 2007, 20:17
I was told today by someone at the BRSCC that 1 of the missed rounds could possibly be moved to the Saturday on the July meeting and the other to the Saturday on the August meeting!

That is indeed being planned-or at least one race is. I belive that if they manage to get one run at the July meet they will attempt the same at the August round. (Don't forget, they still have obligations to the planned supporting races/demos)