PDA

View Full Version : ROC 2007 Wembley

Tomski
18th December 2006, 11:14
Just noticed on Autosport that the 2007 ROC will be held at the "new" Wembley stadium.

What do we all think of that?

:rolleyes:

Simmi
18th December 2006, 11:24
Wont make the racing any better unless they dump a load of gravel in there. They would have been better running it last year when the stadium was still a building site.

Lousada
18th December 2006, 11:29
It remains boring. They'd better include some carpark and accestunnels in the track, so it will be more like the X-games.

Donney
18th December 2006, 11:39
Yes but gravel would make impossible to race circuit cars. I agree they need to do something like the X-games outside the stadium to make it more spectacular.

Simmi
18th December 2006, 11:48
It didnt used to have circuit cars in it though and was all the better for it.

Daniel
18th December 2006, 11:48
I don't see why people whinge about it not being a rally event anymore. Tbh I find the fact that it now has a more international flavour and has drivers from a lot more different types of motorsport more interesting :) Plus I love seeing them drive cars which are very different :)

Lousada
18th December 2006, 11:58
I don't see why people whinge about it not being a rally event anymore. Tbh I find the fact that it now has a more international flavour and has drivers from a lot more different types of motorsport more interesting :) Plus I love seeing them drive cars which are very different :)

The track is way too small to race, I'd be faster on my bycycle. Perhaps they should use more obstacles, like a half-pipe or a spinning tube which the drivers must pass through.

Daniel
18th December 2006, 11:59
Now there's a man who knows his stuff :up:

I don't see how it's too small to race. They raced on the circuit on saturday did they not?

Tomski
18th December 2006, 12:14
Knowing the progress at Wembley to date, theres more chance of gravel & dirt than anything else!

Caroline
18th December 2006, 12:30
Surely the event has to take place before we can possibly comment on it's success? Hey, it might even work well!!

Daniel
18th December 2006, 12:35
Surely the event has to take place before we can possibly comment on it's success? Hey, it might even work well!!
Caroline. You forget that people in this forum are the best! They can foresee the future and they are all seeing all knowing.

Lousada
18th December 2006, 12:40
Now there's a man who knows his stuff :up:

I don't see how it's too small to race. They raced on the circuit on saturday did they not?

The track is too short to develop any sensible speed and the track is too small to take any proper cornering. If they use the same track but with gravel, the cars can slide around the corners, which makes it more enjoyable to watch and requires more skill. The Andros Throphy used the same stadium in March this year, but they set up an oval. That was silly too but looked more enjoyable to watch.

It will be the same as this year, only in England. These organisers know how to organize an event no problem.

Lousada
18th December 2006, 12:43
Caroline. You forget that people in this forum are the best! They can foresee the future and they are all seeing all knowing.

Indeed, this event should be added in the IRC or else it will die within 2 years like the WRC!

A.F.F.
18th December 2006, 13:13
Why don't guys ( and girls ) get used to ROC. Within few years the WRC events are as long or even shorter. Plus held on stadium anyway.

sal
18th December 2006, 13:26
I'm looking forward to seeing Muse play Wembley during the summer..as for the ROC you can guess that it will be twice as expensive to watch in London than in Paris!

Daniel
18th December 2006, 22:20
Why don't guys ( and girls ) get used to ROC. Within few years the WRC events are as long or even shorter. Plus held on stadium anyway.
Hey J :p

Someone left feedback for Caroline on this thread saying that they think Caroline and I are the same person :laugh: Ooooooook :p

Talbot
19th December 2006, 08:44
Knowing the progress at Wembley to date, theres more chance of gravel & dirt than anything else!

Very true, and with all the rumours about subsidence, a few WRC's would destroy it completely.
It would suit me though, if it does happen - it's only a few miles form where I live!