PDA

View Full Version : Newman/Haas wins again........big shocker.

AntonGeorge
24th June 2007, 14:20
After the split, it seemed that all the momentum, talent, and money went to Championship Auto Racing Teams. It was , however, lacking that marquee event( the 500 ) was a huge problem. You certainly would not play NHL hockey, and leave out the Stanley Cup, better yet, the NFL without a superbowl. Those "particular" events are always the big ratings/new fans/money situations that all series have. You can not duplicate the world championship. It is embearassing , and furthermore boring when one, lone team wins for what ....every year since Ganassi, Penske, Andretti-Green, all the drivers, all the money left. I would consider the Newman/Haas team to be the one of the great teams in open wheel. Forsythe and Walker have a tradition and are o.k. , but neither has been close to McDonald's car. It is not fun , fan friendly, or worth my time to watch what is similar to the Anaheim Ducks play the university of Minnesota JV team. I just so miss Newman,Penske,Green(Andretti),Forsythe,Ganassi.... ...LongBeach,Indy.....30 plus cars, and Nascar not being the "man"...... :eek:

millencolin
24th June 2007, 14:28
wrong place buddy! add your opinion to the thousands of American Open Wheel Racing thread in the ChampCar or Indycar Forum (even though theyre all very repetitive and becoming a bore to read)

This place ('Chit Chat') is for discussing other general stuff like politics, other sports and beer etc

SOD
24th June 2007, 17:52
well Anton, Indy & the IRL turned out the way you wanted it to.

Mark
4th July 2007, 07:50
Well done, two threads posted, two threads closed.