PDA

View Full Version : New line for Pickups

Dave17
24th June 2007, 07:24
Those who were not there yesterday missed the sight of the pickups trying to find grip on a wet track. They all ended up finding it about 6 inches off the wall......ALL THE WAY ROUND!!!!!!! Spectacular!

LessThanSte
24th June 2007, 20:23
Well, yes?

Karting line, no rubber up there, worked well!

More of the same today :)

cjhill2002
24th June 2007, 20:39
that seemed the way to go today, there was zero grip on the inside.

The hot rods were doing the same thing around Ipswich last bank holiday monday for the same reason, worked well then too.

LessThanSte
24th June 2007, 20:40
Its what you DO in the wet. Same reason they were all on the outside through Tarzan and Gracelands all day!

Reynard
24th June 2007, 22:57
Those who were not there yesterday missed the sight of the pickups trying to find grip on a wet track. They all ended up finding it about 6 inches off the wall......ALL THE WAY ROUND!!!!!!! Spectacular!

Sometimes it was less than six inches today, Dave! :eek: I can assure you from personal experience that the paint they use on the outside wall tastes bloody awful.

Poulter got a tankslapper where I was stood in T4, scraped paint off the wall and well, I umm, ingested some. It's foul stuff, believe me...

R3ROK
25th June 2007, 10:48
Poulter got a tankslapper where I was stood in T4, scraped paint off the wall and well, I umm, ingested some. It's foul stuff, believe me...

I saw you jump back and clear your eyes ;) Sooner you than me stood there!
Looking at the PUT's wheels it looks like most of them used the wall at some point! White wall tyres looked wierd on the trucks!

Abo
25th June 2007, 11:12
Wilky got a bit of it in race 1, and bent the watts linkage...

corbygal
25th June 2007, 13:01
I got funny pics somewhere of you Witty. You're taking photos in the first two then looks like you were either sprayed with paint or just water in the second. I'll have to find em when I get back to uni.

JDPower
25th June 2007, 17:55
Its what you DO in the wet. Same reason they were all on the outside through Tarzan and Gracelands all day!
Yup, even more so on banking as it'll obviously be drier the higher up the banking you go.

Abo
25th June 2007, 18:05
Yup, even more so on banking as it'll obviously be drier the higher up the banking you go.

Yes, I had a discussion with Keith Newey which went along those lines