PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on midohio rolex

DavePI2
24th June 2007, 04:22
Well just returned home from my third stop on this years race tour, MidOhio Rolex. The DP's aren't as pretty, and they sure arn't as fast, but just the same it was a very entertaining race. Was able to watch from all the best spots at MidOhio so I was able to have a great time. Would like to have seen the gt's race also but since they wern't there tonight it made for a clean race. Once again not as good as ALMS but a good series anyway and well worth going too. The only reall dissapointment was the Playboy Playmates, I was hoping to see more then what I did.
Well, another long day tomorrow, going to Cleveland.

David

harvick#1
24th June 2007, 22:55
well of course the DP's are gonna provide close racing because its a Spec Series that are just Nascar cars but more racey

DavePI2
25th June 2007, 02:55
good point Harvick, hadn't really thought of it but they do kind of resemble those ugly cot's. I knew there was a reason I preferred real prototypes.

David

Mark in Oshawa
7th July 2007, 05:21
After 5 years of watching Grand AM, I am almost to the point where I don't mind the appearence of some of these cars. Not sure which one is the best looking, for to call any of them "attractive" would be a stretch. That said, I feel like I could drive one...and maybe that is what is wrong with DP. I have seen a Porsche LMP or Audi R10 run through corner 1 at Mosport, and it scared me stiff of what that would be like, and I suspect at DP would never be THAT fast....

Nice cars, sorta strange looking, decent racing. I like watching it but ALMS to me is still always going to be a step up....