PDA

View Full Version : Pay tv query...for Australians

skm
24th June 2007, 02:29
Hi guys, just trying to work out whether what the pay tv situation is with live f1 coverage. Pretty sure there's none but I came across Eurosport Aust channel http://www.selectv.com/index.cfm?objectID=9DE3C2D4-9A3B-ABD8-C5BE043FDB06DB24 anyone know anything about this and whether there's any coverage? cheers steve

Valve Bounce
24th June 2007, 03:17
Hi guys, just trying to work out whether what the pay tv situation is with live f1 coverage. Pretty sure there's none but I came across Eurosport Aust channel http://www.selectv.com/index.cfm?objectID=9DE3C2D4-9A3B-ABD8-C5BE043FDB06DB24 anyone know anything about this and whether there's any coverage? cheers steve

That's an interesting link but bugger all information there. :(

aryan
24th June 2007, 12:15
I would get cable if it ran F1 ad-free.

millencolin
24th June 2007, 13:48
If its EurosportNews (which is the eurosport channel on Foxtel), then its nothing! no f1 what so ever. EurosportNews is just a channel that every 15 minutes runs a sports report, similiar to one you would find on the 6:00 news. There is no live sports coverage, heck any sports coverage, on EurosportNews. just News Reports and maybe a bit of highlights. Its not a channel you would watch for longer than 15 minutes because it repeats itself every 15mins...

Most channels on SelectTv are from Foxtel, but are not their top rating channels (mtv instead of higher rating channel V, Eurosport instead of Fox Sports, Catroon Network instead of Nickelodeon) so im thinkging that it would be EurosportNews which means no F1...

but i may be wrong...

Valve Bounce
24th June 2007, 14:02
Anybody who wants to watch F1 live can PM me.

Rollo
25th June 2007, 06:26
There is no love coverage in Australia neither on pay-TV or terrestrial. Channel 10 successfully manages to show no GP live in a year (including Melbourne) and Foxtel currently doesn't show it on Fox Sports 1, 2 or 3. Although we get Eurosport News, we don't get Eurosport 1 or 2 despite frequent adverts for shows on the channel.

We're pretty much ****ed down here for live motorsport save for V8 Supercars now that it's on 7.

Ari
25th June 2007, 07:00
There is no love coverage in Australia neither on pay-TV or terrestrial. Channel 10 successfully manages to show no GP live in a year (including Melbourne) and Foxtel currently doesn't show it on Fox Sports 1, 2 or 3. Although we get Eurosport News, we don't get Eurosport 1 or 2 despite frequent adverts for shows on the channel.

We're pretty much ****ed down here for live motorsport save for V8 Supercars now that it's on 7.

What he said. I'm so dirty on the way Aussies are treated re F1 coverage. It's disgusting.

Foxtel do a fantastic job with MotoGp... they really do. If Ch10 wanna balls up F1 coverage they should just hand it over to Foxtel.

Even if you dont have foxtel, you could quite easily head to the pub sunday avo to watch the GP and be home in time for dinner so you dont get in trouble with the wifey!

millencolin
25th June 2007, 15:22

yeah and even so, channel seven hasnt done much for v8's or motorsport in general. Thanks to them i believe that champcar has been screwed over by v8s going to seven and races being shown because channel seven want to show a bloody Aerial Ping Pong game!!! its not even a NRL game!!

Valve Bounce
26th June 2007, 02:12
yeah and even so, channel seven hasnt done much for v8's or motorsport in general. Thanks to them i believe that champcar has been screwed over by v8s going to seven and races being shown because channel seven want to show a bloody Aerial Ping Pong game!!! its not even a NRL game!!

One can argue that AFL is a game of skill whereas NRL is a game of thuggery. :eek:

Ari
26th June 2007, 02:51
One can argue that AFL is a game of skill whereas NRL is a game of thuggery. :eek:

You mean Thugball is nothing but a bunch of thug butchers running into each other like farm animals do!?

The game is kinda silly really. I always watch them run straight into tackles and kinda wonder why they do it. None the less. Its a mans game etc etc... or something like that anyways.

You got your tickets for the Geelong match yet? Theyre nearly soldout if youre thinking of going!!!

Rollo
26th June 2007, 03:33

Yes but they are being shown LIVE. Channel 10 only ever put Bathurst one live because it was such a big chunk of programming. Sandown last year was delayed to TV by nearly 45 mins. We saw two races from Darwin as they happened on the weekend.

No of live races shown live so far in 2007? 14
Total number of races shown live by Channel 10 in 2006? 1
14-1 seems like a pretty comprehensive coverage so far.

Valve Bounce
26th June 2007, 04:52
You mean Thugball is nothing but a bunch of thug butchers running into each other like farm animals do!?

The game is kinda silly really. I always watch them run straight into tackles and kinda wonder why they do it. None the less. Its a mans game etc etc... or something like that anyways.

You got your tickets for the Geelong match yet? Theyre nearly soldout if youre thinking of going!!!

Being a member of the AFL, I have to buy my tickets nearly two months in advance, so I do have tickets for hte games with Melbourne, Geelong, Collingwood and Adelaide. Then come saturday week, I have to buy the tickets for the August games.

My mom always thought it was funny that in Rugby, these guys stick their heads up another guys bum - she thought that was hilarious. :D

ShiftingGears
26th June 2007, 09:06
Being a member of the AFL, I have to buy my tickets nearly two months in advance, so I do have tickets for hte games with Melbourne, Geelong, Collingwood and Adelaide. Then come saturday week, I have to buy the tickets for the August games.

My mom always thought it was funny that in Rugby, these guys stick their heads up another guys bum - she thought that was hilarious. :D

Whats a mom? :p :

aryan
26th June 2007, 13:18
Channel 10 successfully manages to show no GP live in a year (including Melbourne)

I hate to defend Channel 10 (they show too many adverts for my liking) but they did show the North American rounds live, and if there is one GP which they shouldn't show live, that would be the Australian GP.

Valve Bounce
26th June 2007, 13:33
Whats a mom? :p :

I censored what I was going to post.

millencolin
26th June 2007, 14:21

you mean the only game where even if you miss the goal, you get something for 'getting close'... the same game that is nothing more than an extended version of the backyard game called 'forwards and backs'

before the thing gets sidetracked

i would much rather watch delayed v8's instead of missing other forms of motorsport...