PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Rally Russia

Alex Nakhapetov
22nd June 2007, 11:15
Hi friends!

You are wqelcome on the 4th round of IRC series held in Russia!

The official site of the rally:

http://www.rallyrussia.com

The Ten of Absolute of Russian Rally Championship before rally Russia:

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/eng/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1181853828&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

And of course all news in English and Russian at RallyRUS pages... If you please :)

By the way - you could ask any questions about the rally, I'll try to help anyway, even if someone will come to Vyborg to see the competition :)

Thank you!

Alex Nakhapetov
22nd June 2007, 12:22
The city Government took the decision to reduce the SS1 SuperSpecial in Saint-Petersburg... The start will be in the center of the city in Isaaky Square and the 1st special stage will be held next morning in Vyborg (the rally distance is 180-200 km away from Saint-Petersburg to the Finnish state board).

Tom206wrc
22nd June 2007, 12:28
Will the TAIF Rally Team run this rally with their new 207 S2000 :confused:

Alex Nakhapetov
22nd June 2007, 13:13
Don't know meanwhile, but I'll get the info soon. In Finland Radik Shaymiev started on his new Peugeot S2000 for the 1st time, but was taken off the competition because of the mistake in documents - when team's manager sent the documents to organizers in the spring 2007 he wrote S2000 in Group A, what is mistake - it competes in Group N only. Shaymiev in the middle of the rally was offered to stop the race, but he refused and went all 7 stages without final result. As to his opinion, the car is much more better than his Lancer Evo8 (at least I;ve seen him for the last time in Estonia on Evo8), and it will take some time to learn new car.

Rally roads in Vyborg are very difficul and hard - we call them "3-dimention" roads with many-many different turnes, and these roads are full of stones.

[Madeira-Rally]
22nd June 2007, 13:22
There is a rumor that Vitor Sá will enter in Russia wit a rented Punto S2000 from Barroso Sport.. in Order to prepare Rally Vinho Madeira.

PLuto
22nd June 2007, 16:54
]There is a rumor that Vitor Sá will enter in Russia wit a rented Punto S2000 from Barroso Sport.. in Order to prepare Rally Vinho Madeira.

Yes, Russia must good train for tarmac event :-)

Madeira
22nd June 2007, 16:58
Yes, Russia must good train for tarmac event :-)

Yes, ahahah Paulo is dreaming!!

[Madeira-Rally]
22nd June 2007, 17:00
Yes, ahahah Paulo is dreaming!!

I'm not dreaming :)

It was what Vitor Sá said after Rally da Calheta, so... I'm just reporting what he said in an interview for our local TV...

I don't use to dream :)

Madeira
22nd June 2007, 17:11
]I'm not dreaming :)

It was what Vitor Sá said after Rally da Calheta, so... I'm just reporting what he said in an interview for our local TV...

I don't use to dream :)

Yes I've listened the interview, but he said he want to do a IRC round to train for Rally Vinho Madeira, but as you know Russia is a gravel event....Pluto is right. Perhaps he is thinking in Ypres but in that time he has forgotten he will be present in Rally of Maritimo in same date!

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 00:41
Well, meanwhile the official site sleeps, some information about the region rally RUSSIA will be held:

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/eng/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1182718775&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Thank you!

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 00:43
There is the entry list of rally RUSSIA. Who can tell me some information about foreign teams - portraits and biographies of drivers, some info about teams and cars? I'd like to make an article for Russian rallyfans about rally RUSSIA guests.

Thank you!

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 00:44
Oh, here is the entry list :)

http://www.rallyrussia.com/participant/

Mirek
25th June 2007, 01:08
Alex, when the entry list is closed? I can see 23 crews there so far...

Tom206wrc
25th June 2007, 01:22
And not many S2000 at least for now :mark:

PLuto
25th June 2007, 01:32
Closing date is Monday July 2nd.

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 01:58
I hope this week there will be enough information. Our organizers for the first time try to make such kind of international rally, but I'm sure - everything will be very nice and okey.
The roads are very hard - last year SS "Topolki" made the sensation - 17 or 20 cars went off the road on the stage!

These roads are used at Russia Rally Cup round rally Svetogorsk, and also at Club Rally series, so for last 4 years I've been there for few times, and I can say that there are very interesting places to look:

2005 Vyborg rally
http://rallyrusmedia.com/gall000/categories.php?cat_id=89

http://rallyrusmedia.com/gall000/categories.php?cat_id=90

2006 Vyborg rally

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/gall000/categories.php?cat_id=85

Some photos of Andrey Chursinov, my companion in RallyRUS project:

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/foto/vyborg_06/phpslideshow.php

Tom206wrc
25th June 2007, 13:03
I hope the Internet Live-Results services will perform well, a little bit like for Ypres this week-end, and far better than for Kenya Safari rally... :rolleyes:

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 18:59
Friends!
I have an exellent idea and also we CAN do this. There will be results on-line on Rally Russia, but there will be no rally radio or official info on-line in English.

Will it be interesting for you to read short news in English on RallyRUS WAP site and to see photos and detail news at RallyRUS English pages? If YES, we'll do necessary preparations and start WAP service in few days.

Thank you!

TheFlyingTuga
25th June 2007, 19:08
Will the Lada S2000 run this event?

I like that car, that strange look of some uglyness remind me of some Gr.B cars!

Cheers

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 19:33
YES! I've found the entrylist (!) in English (!) on one of Russian sites:

http://afspb.org.ru/component/option,com_docman/task,doc_download/gid,56/Itemid,28/

Excel table.

50 crews. Sorry - 49 - Alexander Gorlashkin (AGK Sportdrive team) cann't join the competition because of his bisuness tasks - 100% info.

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 19:42
5 cars S2000. LADA S2000 slowly dies in Togliatti - the plant team has no money to rebild it and to start in rally... They built the car much more earlier than other companies, but for 3 years it took part only in 1 (!) rally... I can;t understand the situation - we could compete with fast modern car in international rallies, but someone didn't want as seen...

Tom206wrc
25th June 2007, 20:22
Normally Marco Cavigioli(207 S2000 from GMA)will run the russian IRC event too, it's written in his post-Ypres rally press release... ;)

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 20:57
What is about WAP news? :)

PLuto
25th June 2007, 21:15
What is about WAP news? :)

I would be following rally on internet, so english info should be perfect. I am not using WAP usually...

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 21:39
Thank you, I see.

The scheme will be like this:

Our Chevy Van called "Nakhapetobus", equipped with 220V electricity, 2 GPRS internet points and 2 computers will be somewhere between service-park and stages. There will be 2 persons inside, publishing news in Russian and English at rallyrus.spb.ru and WAP site. 2 persons with photocameras will take nice pictures on stages, and 1 young man, who knows how to find secret information, will drive his bicycle between service park and press-center :) My 11-years old daughter Katusha will work at publishing short news on sites. And my wife will prepare tasty suppers for our crew :)

Rally as life style :)

Mirek
25th June 2007, 21:44
Wow, Alex, that's exactly living with rally :)

Unfortunately I will be on a rock festival that weekend...

Jarek Z
25th June 2007, 22:22
]Unfortunately I will be on a rock festival that weekend...

Unfortunately or fortunately... It depends on who plays?

Alex Nakhapetov
25th June 2007, 23:25
Information about Special Stage in Saint-Petersburg.

First it was planned to make official start and Super Special in the very center of Saint-Petersburg, such as few years ago rally "Saint-Petersburg" started. But this year it would make organizers to close all the city center for civil traffic, what is impossible to do in Thursday evening. Maybe Saturday morning, but not on Thursday. :(

So, the column of sports cars will cross the city from Peter the Great bridge (where the service cars with trailors will stay) to Saint Isaak Cathedral Square (St. Isaak Cathedral - the 3rd biggest one-kupola cathedrals in the world), where the official start ceremony will be held. As far as I heard, only IRC competitors and Group N4 will join the ceremony, but who knows these secret agents, organizing this competition... :) At the official site till today we see the 1st SS at the Vasiljevsky island in the city's historical center...

After the start ceremony the rally cars column will go to their trailors either by themselves to Vyborg (160 km).

The rally distance consists from 11 special stages. What of them are most interesting I meanwhile don't know, but I;ll try to tell you about the roads around Vyborg.

Thank you! :)

Mirek
26th June 2007, 00:48
Jarek Z: ok, maybe fortunately ;) I've been there for couple of years. You can see it through the link below, it is one of our biggest festivals. This year performing for example Stratovarius, Uriah Heep, Rage or Hammerfall. By the way it take place where Barum rally too ;)

http://www.mastersofrock.cz/www/index.php?view=83

Alex, sorry for off topic ;)

Alex Nakhapetov
26th June 2007, 09:19
Yesterday evening the Regulations of Rally Russia was approved in Russian Automobile Federation and was sent to organizers to be published on the official site. I hope it will appear in few hours.

PLuto
26th June 2007, 23:05
I have heard from some teams, that they are thinking about cancelling their start in Russia due to huge problems with visas...

CricketsFilm
27th June 2007, 00:06
I have heard from some teams, that they are thinking about cancelling their start in Russia due to huge problems with visas...

I have many problem with new legislation for visa... .... I will have to renounce to the work-travel in Russia ....

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 07:25
And what are the difficulties with visas?
It's a great pity, RallyRUS just have prepared 5-litre bottle of Red Label to meet friends in Vyborg... :)

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 07:44
Today Sergey Uspensky, vice-president of Russian Automobile Federation will come to Saint-Petersburg to help organizers to solve all their problems :)

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 07:46
Today group of Russian journalists, who will work in rally Russia press-center, go to Vyborg to look through the roads. I hope to get some information with photos of the most interesting places tonight.

ettelbruck
27th June 2007, 07:50

Really does not surprise at all...

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 07:54
Vyborg is situated in 160 km from Saint-Petersburg, so the decision was taken to let teams take sports cars to the start ceremony with any way - either on trailors or by road driving. In Saint-Petersburg there will be special place for service cars, where teams will unload rallycars. The same situation with the way from start to Vyborg - I'm surprised, if the start was held, how participants will go the distance on trailors? But there is such a decision of Rally Commetee.

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 08:04
Rally in Russia developes very well in last few years. Of course there are some problems, but where there are no problems at all? Rally ib Vyborg is one of the most interesting, together with winter Ermak, summer Gukovo and Novorossijsk, that will be in October. By my opinion, Novorossijsk is the best rally of Russian Rally Championship (very interesting - 2600 km to go from Saint-Petersburg, mountains, warm sea - 21 degrees in the morning, and no crouds of resting people... :)

Rally in Vyborg is interesting because of its roads first of all. Many years ago there the Soviet Union Rally Championship was held, but new generation of rally drivers just started to learn the distance and no one our pilots knows this roads absolutely - everybody needs good stenogram and expierenced co-driver.

Here in Russia we hope that our drivers will show their class and... Who will win?... Maybe Novikov?... :)

Tom206wrc
27th June 2007, 08:55
Thank you Alex for keeping us informed about the organization of this rally !! :)

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 08:55

What teams will cancel their participation in Russia rally?

shprota
27th June 2007, 09:12
I strongly suspect that we will see the international crews only on the SS1 finish as SS2 is the famous special "Topolki" on which, as Alex already said, cars crash in enormous quantities :)

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 09:12
Thank you Alex for keeping us informed about the organization of this rally !! :)

Tom, not only news of organization, I hope :)

RallyRUS was designed in November 2004 as 2-language web-site, carrying out info-service for rally teams (today - 16 teams). We try to produce news not only during the rally, but also between rallies, paying attention not only to scores and seconds, but also to rally-life-style. Rally Russia is very important event for us, because on this rally we'll try to show all our technologies that we've studied for two years. It will be news-making in two languages in one time, WAP-service in English, big printing programme for our teams-partners (rally-cards, posters, I hope - "RallyRUS" No.6 magazine, devoted to Russia rally, presents for out teams-guests such as Limited Edition co-driver books). I"d like to acquaint Russian rally-fans with IRC drivers and in the same time - foreigh rally-lovers with Russian top-pilot's names. And faces :)

For ex. - here there is our new idea - "Project WE" gallery:
http://rallyrus.spb.ru/foto/face/phpslideshow.php

Thank you!

shprota
27th June 2007, 09:14
Alex, you are doing a great job for all of us! Thank you!

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 09:23

:) Glad to hear you, collegue, here - as I know, you'll work in rally Russia press-center? :) How do you think - will arrival of Sergey Uspensky to Saint-Petersburg help organizers to put in order documents, site and even rally? Uspensky is not only expierenced rally-driver, many-times-Russian rally champion and vice-president. He"s also successful businessman... :)

shurik
27th June 2007, 09:28
+1
Keep it up , Alex :up:

shprota
27th June 2007, 09:39
Alex, I am certain that the arrival of Uspensky to St. Petersburg will change exactly nothing in the questioned fields as their responsible people are situated in Moscow.
I suppose, Uspensky wil be inspecting the rally roads state, take some decision on the placement of the service park and so on.
As for the rally documentation, it is quite in order on SPb Federation's site.
We were ordered by the rally "Russia" promoters to work with the rally oficial site to keep it updated and this work will start today, so keep an eye on the http://rallyrussia.com

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 09:57
As for the rally documentation, it is quite in order on SPb Federation's site.
We were ordered by the rally "Russia" promoters to work with the rally oficial site to keep it updated and this work will start today, so keep an eye on the http://rallyrussia.com

Well, but you still have the new reduction of Regulations and the draft itinenary with SSS1 "Birja" in St.Petersburg. I see, there are some items changed in Regulations and rally route (I mean Thursday evening), but is there any person who looks throgh all the documents and who will decide to change draft itinenary according to last version of regulations? It looks as in old joke: "Seven tutors - the child without an eye" :)

shprota
27th June 2007, 10:35
It looks as in old joke: "Seven tutors - the child without an eye" :)
This is exactly how it goes. Still, I believe we will have a good race.

PLuto
27th June 2007, 11:17
What teams will cancel their participation in Russia rally?

As I know, nobody from crews who has sent entries cancelled yet. But I know about minimum of 3 crews, who didnt sent entry form due this problems (with collegiality to them I wont tell their names). And most of teams (including the best) has problems with visa and not working ATA carnet in Russia...

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 11:28
And most of teams (including the best) has problems with visa and not working ATA carnet in Russia...

What is ATA carnet?

By the way - problems with visas it"s nothing new, it happened always. But there is one more surprize (oh, sorry - surprizes :) ) at border-crossing points... :) Gasoline, rallycars with sport registration (without civil register signs) and so on.

PLuto
27th June 2007, 11:57
What is ATA carnet?

By the way - problems with visas it"s nothing new, it happened always. But there is one more surprize (oh, sorry - surprizes :) ) at border-crossing points... :) Gasoline, rallycars with sport registration (without civil register signs) and so on.

ATA carnet is document, which allows you bring racing car into country. In whole European Union it isnt problem...

Flyinglex
27th June 2007, 11:58
But there's no laws about sport cars in Russia.Rallycars are made for limitted use and moved on trailers so don't think (imho) they need signs before liason of the rally.

ps stenograma is 'pacenotes' in eng ;)

i do not know what to think of matvienko now.

Alex Nakhapetov
27th June 2007, 12:08
ps stenograma is 'pacenotes' in eng ;)

i do not know what to think of matvienko now.

Thank you for "pacenotes", studying - anytime :)

Matvienko - I don't see any problems with St.Petersburg Government. And rally organization is not their task, they only says YES or NO for the decisions of rally organizers. It was clear from the very beginning that it is really impossible to make SSS at 19:00 in the center of the city, but the official site offers tickets to the SSS till today... Of course, it would be possible to make start ceremony at night (at 0:00) - we have white nights here, you can read without lamp, as Pushkin said :) And the other idea (among rallyfans) was to make SSS in St.Petersburg the last stage in Saturday evening.

But we have what we have. Anyway we'll see very interesting competition!

Jarek Z
27th June 2007, 20:00
]Jarek Z: ok, maybe fortunately ;) I've been there for couple of years. You can see it through the link below, it is one of our biggest festivals. This year performing for example Stratovarius, Uriah Heep, Rage or Hammerfall. By the way it take place where Barum rally too ;)

http://www.mastersofrock.cz/www/index.php?view=83

Alex, sorry for off topic ;)

It's not off topic, I see MOTORhead on the list of bands! :D
Have a great gig, Mirek! :up:

I can tell you guys, that Tomasz Czopik also wanted to compete in Russia, but Rene Georges told him that he cannot prepare the Polo. And it was the last nail to his coffin. Czopik will drive Fiat Punto S2000 from now on.

Andrey
27th June 2007, 20:45
Lada 112 Super 2000 will be at Rally Russia with Alexander Nikonenko. But, only as "zero" car

Mirek
27th June 2007, 21:05
Andrey, that's better than nothing. I hope it means something for future...

Karbonyl
27th June 2007, 21:58
Rebuilt to new/facelifted Priora model the Lada's S2000 car could be interesting advertisement in Europe ;-)

Ciko
27th June 2007, 22:15
Gergely Szabo wrote some rows on his website about the preparations for the Russian race:

"The scene of the team's next adventure is Saint Petersburg, we set more aims in connection with this. The first one, that let us get out... it doesn't seem very simply. But we work on the project.

For us very surprising, that to get into Russia is hard. In the course of our travels we didn't experience like this until now. Necessary invitation letter, recipient declaration, the services guys accurate route plan, the name of the cross border, registration number, chassis number, the copy of the entry form, just mention only a couple of things. And not talking about the visa, which is not given with pleasure.

In Vybor, where the competiton is going on, all of the existing accomodation is in a firm's hand. Accomodation is given if we prove that we have valid entry, and we have to present the participant persons arrangement inside the team. After these, we managed to find an one-star hotel where -according to the news - various beetles wait for us.

The second aim, if got out, we would love to start the race together with the field. Which is not easy, because since the case of Turkey we haven't got any opinion from the FIA.

Gergely is training regularly, he is preparing for the competition. The expectation of the team leadership, that Gergely get in the top 10. We regard this travel as a real challenge. We send a picture if we get out!" - http://www.szabogergo.hu

My English is not perfect, sorry!

[Madeira-Rally]
28th June 2007, 11:10
Thanks for the news Ciko!!

I really hope Szabo can show is potential in Russia!

Ciko
28th June 2007, 12:31
]Thanks for the news Ciko!!

I really hope Szabo can show is potential in Russia!
Last weekend he won the Group N class on the Szombathely Rally. ;)

Mirek
28th June 2007, 16:19
But Szombathely roads lead almost all the time straight ahead ;) Sorry, just joking. I'm looking forward to his performance, he is spectacular to watch :)

Ciko
28th June 2007, 21:59
]But Szombathely roads lead almost all the time straight ahead ;) Sorry, just joking. I'm looking forward to his performance, he is spectacular to watch :)
OK, I say it some other way then. :D :D

He was a Group N champion in 2005. Last year, he was participating only 3 rally. In Miskolc and Fehérvár he was leading the Group N class, but he retired because of technical problem. On the Veszprém Rally he was leading the race with a Focus WRC, but he got a puncture. :(

CricketsFilm
29th June 2007, 16:42
And what are the difficulties with visas?
It's a great pity, RallyRUS just have prepared 5-litre bottle of Red Label to meet friends in Vyborg... :)

Privet Alex,
Problem is a new legislation, from june 1, 2007, not exist Fast Visa for Russia (from Italy) .... and we don't have necessary time for that....
I have tried but I think not possible to leave for me.

Alex Nakhapetov
2nd July 2007, 01:23
Last weekend Evgeny Novikov won Viru rally in Estonia in N4 class. At the 1st two super-specials in the town he lost 3+4 sec, as he told me after the rally "The road coming through the small streets was very nice, and I run in nice way for spectators" - but he was only 8th in the 1st day evening. And on the 2nd day he started winning second by second from Marko Martin's team drivers Egon Kaur and Rainer Aus (they run at the same top-N4 Subarus Spec C N 12) - and he won! 30 seconds at the finish of the rally!

It was very nice rally to look on.

At rally Russia Novikov will drive the same Subaru Impreza Spec C N12, and it is very interesting to see how this 16-years old pilot will fight with S2000!

Could 16-years pilot win IRC stage on N4 car? I think if YES, then we see new World Champion birth! :)

Alex Nakhapetov
2nd July 2007, 10:24
It;s not OFF: Congratulations from Russia to all rally journalists - today, July 2, is International Day of Sport Journalist! (By the way, marks from 1924 - when in Paris the International Assiciation of Sports Press was founded).

Best wishes and... "show must go on"! :)

Tom206wrc
2nd July 2007, 11:26
No more entries since several days ??? :confused:

Alex Nakhapetov
2nd July 2007, 14:07
Why so?

http://www.rallyrussia.com/info/spisok2-07.xls

69 teams for today.

Alex Nakhapetov
3rd July 2007, 00:52
OK, and what are the roads on rally distance?

I can show you some pictures from 2006 Vyborg rally (the same special stages as this year):

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/gall000/categories.php?cat_id=85

and 2005 rally Vyborg:

http://rallyrusmedia.com/gall000/categories.php?cat_id=90

and again 2005

http://rallyrusmedia.com/gall000/categories.php?cat_id=86

And in 2005 there was 3-car crash:

http://rallyrusmedia.com/gall000/categories.php?cat_id=85

Thank you!

Filip
3rd July 2007, 15:56
Thanks for the photos Alex!

The roads look interesting, are they very rough?

shprota
4th July 2007, 01:43
The roads are quite rough. Many stones on the roads. Some drivers say it is a russian Acropolis, though I doubt it.
The roads are very "3-D" at most of the distance and the quality of the pacenotes is vital here.
My last time at those roads finished with a big rock just on my pace after a crest, so I just could not avoid the impact. The sump was broken and we had to stop.
The tyre choice is also very important as the soft compound will lead to a high risk of puncture and hard compound will make the roads very slippery.
It is a really challenging rally and I am very excited to compare the russian drivers to the european ones on these roads.

Alex Nakhapetov
4th July 2007, 07:01
The Entry list, if you please:

http://www2.rallyrusmedia.com/component/option,com_rallyrusmedia/task,view/id,301/

Alex Nakhapetov
4th July 2007, 07:05
86 teams from 9 countries will take part in 4th round of IRC, V round of Russian rally championship. VI round of North-West Region Championship (national) and II round of Citroen Cup.

Who can tell me, what is Citroen C2 R2 (A6), and why then is it "YES" in IRC series?

PLuto
4th July 2007, 10:50
86 teams from 9 countries will take part in 4th round of IRC, V round of Russian rally championship. VI round of North-West Region Championship (national) and II round of Citroen Cup.

Who can tell me, what is Citroen C2 R2 (A6), and why then is it "YES" in IRC series?

Citroen C2 R2 is a version of Citroen C2 made under regulations for class R2 (future classes of FIA). It isn't car for winning in general classficiation (and much slower than S1600), but it should be good car in his class. Simon JJ used it also in Poland - he knows he is withou chance on gravel with S1600, so he used this car, it is much cheaper.

And about YES in IRC - my question is - WHY NOT?

Andrey
4th July 2007, 12:42
Marco Cavigioli change a car to Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, and a co-driver to Nicola Arena

Alex Nakhapetov
4th July 2007, 14:38
And about YES in IRC - my question is - WHY NOT?

I thought about Radik Shaymiev (TAIF) in Finland, but I see I was mistaken (its Super 2000 that competes in N group only).

Jarek Z
4th July 2007, 21:41

Alex, this is Citroen C2 R2:
http://www.rallyonline.pl/ft.php?idg=2340&pg_[go]=36

shprota
6th July 2007, 05:02
Is anybody here coming to watch the rally in Russia?
We have prepared a "spectator's guide" to the special stages with GPS points and photos. If anyone is interested, I might try to put it together in English.
Here's the Russian version: http://rrch.ru/content/view/197/1/1/2/

Alex Nakhapetov
8th July 2007, 12:26
Is anybody here coming to watch the rally in Russia?

Yes!
Yes!
I'll go to rally Russia! Please, could you publish spectator's info in English! :)

Alex Nakhapetov
8th July 2007, 15:59
Who is Who? That is the question of rally "Russia" - european drivers don't know Russian teams and russians don't know what to wait from our guests. So here there are few videos from Russian teams:

ProTechMSport team (team's leader crew - Alexander Zhoulodov/Andrey Rusov, Russian champions of 2006, when they competed for Uspenskiy Rally Team)

http://www.zhuzhik.nnov.ru/protech/index.html

Another team who have chances to win the rally - Andrey Zhigunov/Igor Ter-Oganesjants, PRO-Sport rally team

http://www.pro-sportrally.ru/proindex.php?subaction=showfull&id=1183155335&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&&PHPSESSID=34d1d08469045d69c4fb912f990ea7a3

The video-report from the 4th round of Russian Rally Championship rally "White nights 2007"

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/index_rus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1181647606&archive=&start_from=&ucat=5&

and part 2

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/index_rus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1181502063&archive=&start_from=&ucat=5&

Thank you!

Alex Nakhapetov
9th July 2007, 20:00
Something new from the Super Special Stage that will never be on rally Russia this year. Are you redy for surprizes? :)

http://rallyrus.spb.ru/index_r07.htm

Alex Nakhapetov
10th July 2007, 11:22
Welcome to Russia! Vol.1 - Video? Photo? Rally as life style.

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/eng/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1184058355&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Tom206wrc
10th July 2007, 19:37
Marco Cavigioli change a car to Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII, and a co-driver to Nicola Arena

Why, and who will drive the Peugeot Switzerland livery 207 on IRC instead ??? :confused:

NRI
10th July 2007, 20:01
Why, and who will drive the Peugeot Switzerland livery 207 on IRC instead ??? :confused:

Why not Gilles Panizzi ? The french will take part in next IRC event in Madeira, and maybe the rest of IRC events...

Karbonyl
10th July 2007, 21:23
Marco will do the Russia as the only gravel event of his this year IRC program. I suppose he will do only tarmac rallyes with Peugeot.

Madeira
10th July 2007, 22:18
Marco will do the Russia as the only gravel event of his this year IRC program. I suppose he will do only tarmac rallyes with Peugeot.

No, He was in Turkey also with the Mistsubishi. I've read that he will drive this car because The peugeot had some mechanical problems, but in Madeira he will drive the Peugeot.

http://www.racingworld.it/rally/notizia2.php?idtitolo=4311

Karbonyl
10th July 2007, 23:04
He ran in Turkey with Mitsu simply because his Pug didn't exist in that time. Marco's Peugeot was ready shortly before Ypres and also his participatio in Belgium with this car wasn't sure.

Tom206wrc
11th July 2007, 10:41

Strange because the 207 is very good on gravel too(Magalhaes showed it in Portugal, Vouilloz in Turkey,...) :mark:

But if in fact it's just a matter of car not ready yet I understand then :rolleyes:

PLuto
11th July 2007, 13:48
Strange because the 207 is very good on gravel too(Magalhaes showed it in Portugal, Vouilloz in Turkey,...) :mark:

But if in fact it's just a matter of car not ready yet I understand then :rolleyes:

There were some problems with visa, because Switzerland isnt in European Union...

Tom206wrc
11th July 2007, 15:28
Thanks for the info Pluto... :)

PLuto
11th July 2007, 21:53
News from Vyborg.

Results from Shakedown:

1. Vouilloz 00:56.9 (at third try)
2. Alen 00:57.0 (at first try)
3. Zhigunov 00:57.3 (at third try)
= Zimin 00:57.3 (at first & second try)
5. Navarra 00:57.9 (at first try)
6. Ojeda 00:58.8 (at first try)
7. Sola 01:00.3 (at second try)

Addicted
12th July 2007, 00:53
Looks good for Alen.

Alex Nakhapetov
12th July 2007, 07:02
Alen broke the gearbox, but engineers said it will be okay for today.

Tom206wrc
12th July 2007, 09:01
Great start for Vouilloz :bounce:

I know it's only shakedown though :rolleyes:

Tom206wrc
12th July 2007, 10:54
Shakedown pics taken on the IRC thread of this forum :p :

http://rrch.ru/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,59/catid,26/

HaCo
12th July 2007, 19:12
Shakedown pics taken on the IRC thread of this forum :p :

http://rrch.ru/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,59/catid,26/

The Lasa S2000 looks fast too! :)

Tom206wrc
12th July 2007, 20:30
Normally SS1 Superspecial is over(start 6.30pm) !!! :eek:

Any news ??? Where are live-results ?? :confused:

Ciko
12th July 2007, 21:07
Normally SS1 Superspecial is over(start 6.30pm) !!! :eek:

Any news ??? Where are live-results ?? :confused:
If I know it well the superspecial was deleted from the program, the race begins only tomorrow.

Tom206wrc
12th July 2007, 21:20
Thanks Ciko ;)

Alex Nakhapetov
12th July 2007, 22:17
The rally've started!

Very nice start ceremony in the center of Saint-Petersburg! Very nice cars! Real sense of an international competition!

Everybody went from Saint-Petersburg to Vyborg, so first news and photos will appear some time later. BUT!

Today RallyRUS lost our super-car ChevyVan called "Nakhapetobus" - it was badly destroyed in the center of the city in the morning, thats why I'm sitting home and looking to my start's photos...

First photos :)

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/index_rus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1184269798&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

I've send three RallyRUS journalists with service cars to Vyborg, so soon they will publish on RallyRUS.spb.ru info in Russian and (of course) English and I hope - some nice photos.

Ciko
12th July 2007, 22:40
THX Alex!!! :cool:

Go Gergely Szabo!!!!! :D

Karbonyl
12th July 2007, 23:58
The Lasa S2000 looks fast too! :) Unfortunately this is "only" a 1,6 Kit Car...

shprota
13th July 2007, 00:31
Please find the online results here: http://rally-online.ru/stagelist_.asp?db=RUSSIA2007

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 07:44
Thanks Shprota :up:

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 07:58
Jimmy Joge !!!! :eek: :eek:

Well done to Enrique Garcia-Ojeda and Anton Alen too ;)

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 08:11
Two local drivers on GrN are ahead and behind Jimmy Joge, faster S2000 driver so far on SS1 :D

Alex Nakhapetov
13th July 2007, 08:16
16-years old Evgeniy Novikov - the 1st at SS1! Very nice!!

LP
13th July 2007, 08:23
what about Nikonenko, ir he driving S2000 from Toljati as the "0" car, or he is not in Vyborg at all? I look trough the starting list and could find only two Lada s1600, as he was entered in A6

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 08:24
Navarra is losing huge time !!! :eek: :s

Has it to do with sweeping roads ?? :confused:

Alex Nakhapetov
13th July 2007, 08:38
Alexander Nikonenko competes in A6 class, but another pilot drives S2000 from LADA as a "0" car, looking for his times in overall :)

Madeira
13th July 2007, 08:43
Renato Travaglia is doing very well until now...

Filip
13th July 2007, 08:50
Alen in the lead!

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 08:51
What happens with SS3 ??? Shouldn't have it started since about 20 minutes ?? :confused:

LP
13th July 2007, 08:54
Alex, if it's possible, maybe you can post the times of that "0" car, so we can compare it to the other s2000 cars.

Alex Nakhapetov
13th July 2007, 08:58
Tom, the table is about finishes, but not starts :) The SS3 distance is 14,3 km, so results will be soon!

Alex Nakhapetov
13th July 2007, 09:03
LADA S2000 as "0" car, the results are SS1 6:20,3, SS2 9:01,8, SS3 12:42,2. After SS3 the team stopped, I don't know why - in press-center also don't know.

Alex Nakhapetov
13th July 2007, 09:06
There is some problem with results publishing - SS1 stopped os No. 52, and I wait No.79, the green BMW - for the first time I've found general sponsor for the team of my friends :)

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 09:09
Any news about SS3 results ??? Rally-Online.Ru has no time at all :confused:

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 09:17
First result for SS4(Navarra finished) but still nothing for SS3 :s

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 09:21
Travaglia lost many time !!! :eek:

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 09:29
Why is Anton Alen so far overall ??? :confused:

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 09:43
Evgeny Novikov in the lead after SS4 !!! :eek: :confused:

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 09:59
OK...Time of Alen corrected he's 2nd overall ;)

I'm impressed by young Swede Jimmy Joge's pace until now :eek:

I guess SS5 and its 29km long road will be the corner of the rally, the most difficult stage of the event :mark:

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 14:23
Start of SS5 in less than 20 minutes :bounce:

Tom206wrc
13th July 2007, 14:53
SS5 started !!! :bounce:

Filip
13th July 2007, 15:08
Pugs are losing much time. :confused:

Addicted
13th July 2007, 15:29
Alen found his speed and Novikov keeps up good pace. He is amazing kid! Others dropped quite far already

LP
13th July 2007, 15:42
it's a shame how IRC ignores Subaru drivers just because Subaru hasn't enetered as a manufacturer. Novikov is 2nd, way ahead of Peugeot drivers, but the official page doesn't mention a word about him.

I guess it's the same story as in Safari, when Rautenbach won the rally.

[Madeira-Rally]
13th July 2007, 15:43
Navarra is being very slow :s

Only in Ypres Navarra showed a nice pace at the beginning of the rally.. after his puncture he set a more defensive pace... in Turkey he had a defensive pace too... like he did in Safari...

I don't like defensive drivers... ok, I know he is thinking on the Championship... but I don't appreciate to much...

If he come to Madeira to play defensive.. he will be behind our local driver Vitor Sá...

To be ahead of Vitor Sá.. he must have a really good pace.

Madeira
13th July 2007, 15:48
and where are Joge???

Madeira
13th July 2007, 16:16
]Navarra is being very slow :s

Only in Ypres Navarra showed a nice pace at the beginning of the rally.. after his puncture he set a more defensive pace... in Turkey he had a defensive pace too... like he did in Safari...

I don't like defensive drivers... ok, I know he is thinking on the Championship... but I don't appreciate to much...

If he come to Madeira to play defensive.. he will be behind our local driver Vitor Sá...

To be ahead of Vitor Sá.. he must have a really good pace.

Andrea Navarra is also struggling. "I don't know if it is just me or if it is being first on the road, but nothing is really coming together: the roads are not how I remember them from the recce."
Abarth used 4x4 vehicles on the recce, which give the drivers a different perspective of the road and could have contributed to the problems both Punto drivers experienced.

Source:
http://www.ircseries.com/html/readnews.asp?id=638

jose camacho
13th July 2007, 16:17
And Evgeny NOVIKOV ?

eppel
13th July 2007, 16:33
Broken suspension for JOge! :(

HaCo
13th July 2007, 17:37
it's a shame how IRC ignores Subaru drivers just because Subaru hasn't enetered as a manufacturer. Novikov is 2nd, way ahead of Peugeot drivers, but the official page doesn't mention a word about him.

You could turn it around. Subaru has customers over the world driving their N4 rallycar. I think it's a shame that they ignore a championship like IRC. Even VW has subscribed to the championship!!

Is it expensive to subscribe? We could could put togheter some money on the forum... :D

Very nice of Alen!!! Way to go! :D :D

N.O.T
13th July 2007, 18:54
Wow Novikov defiantely the driver of the day...pity he retired...now alen is in cruising mode and victory is his.

Alex Nakhapetov
13th July 2007, 20:36
Novikov had broken engine protection shield and stopped at the SS6 start.

Alex Nakhapetov
14th July 2007, 00:05
Foreign drivers, who came to Russian rally for the first time, call rally "Russia" "fantastic" :)

Tomorrow morning big rain is being waited ib Vyborg region. SS 10 is cancelled because of too high overall speeds. Only three stages to the finish!

In press-center few journalists are working now, it is 2:00 am :) Sites rallyrus.spb.ru and rrch.ru work 24 hours :)

By the way, take a look on Alexander Zeludov's overturn:

http://rrch.ru/content/view/220/62/

Xsara Fan
14th July 2007, 00:45
And also there is an official site of the Rally Russia with some press-releases in English.

Ciko
14th July 2007, 09:10
Pictures from Gergely Szabo's site:

http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=98

http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=97

shprota
14th July 2007, 10:10
Here are the photos from the first day of rally:
http://rrch.ru/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,59/catid,29/
http://rrch.ru/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,59/catid,28/

It such a pity that the strongest local drivers had disasters... The Vyborg route is very hard for the group N...

Tom206wrc
14th July 2007, 11:06
I thought the japanese GrN cars wre more solid/strong than european S2000 cars ??? :s

Madeira
14th July 2007, 11:30
Anton Alen is the winner!!
and to the championship the gap between Navarra and Ojeda shortened.
Next Round Rally Vinho Madeira :hot:

Tom206wrc
14th July 2007, 11:40
Congratulations to Anton Alen ;)

I'm delighfully happy with the 207s overall result, knowing their drivers were unfamiliar with the terrain itself :bounce:

Can't wait to follow Madeira rally :D

Fiat and Peugeot are leading together the constructor championship ;)

pino makinen
14th July 2007, 11:41
Congratulations Anton. Felicidades Ojeda. Great rally!

BTW, can anyone tell me what was the starting orden on yesterday and today's stages?

Thanks and regards.

Ciko
14th July 2007, 12:45
Gergely Szabo became a Hungarian hero, they caught 1 point!!! :D
Very nice, guys!!! :up:

[Madeira-Rally]
14th July 2007, 13:13
Russia was a rally without any competitive interest...

There were big gaps between drivers...

Tom206wrc
14th July 2007, 18:28
]Russia was a rally without any competitive interest...

There were big gaps between drivers...

Gaps were huge only from SS5 where many drivers had punctures, and punctures are unfortuneately part of rallying :mark:

jonas_mcrae
14th July 2007, 19:03
so they canceled a stage because it was too fast?
great!! LOL
this rally really looks and is as fast as Finland!!

pino
14th July 2007, 19:53
What a great performance from Anton :up: 1st win for him with an huge gap (2 min) and 8 stages win out of 10, can't wait to see him in Sanremo :D

Tomi
14th July 2007, 21:48
multo bene, like Markku would say :)

Madeira
14th July 2007, 21:50
What a great performance from Anton :up: 1st win for him with an huge gap (2 min) and 8 stages win out of 10, can't wait to see him in Sanremo :D

I don't know if he is nominated to drive in Sanremo rally, but after this good results maybe yes, so perhaps we will see there four Fiats, for Basso, Navarra, Scandola and why not Anton Alen....

Alex Nakhapetov
16th July 2007, 19:16
Eurosport video:

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/index_rus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1184539091&archive=&start_from=&ucat=12&

and one more:

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/index_rus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1184538960&archive=&start_from=&ucat=12&

Novikov's lump:

http://video.mail.ru/mail/jeton/8/9.html

Alexander Zheludov's overturn:

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/index_rus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1184521318&archive=&start_from=&ucat=12&

Prize winners share their impressions:

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/eng/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1184418460&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Thank you!

Alex Nakhapetov
17th July 2007, 02:45
And one more, seems to me great, video from RUSSIA!

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/index_rus.php?subaction=showfull&id=1184630752&archive=&start_from=&ucat=12&

Thank you!

Ciko
17th July 2007, 13:51
Pictures from Gergely Szabo:

http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=100

http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=101

http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=102

Ciko
17th July 2007, 14:34
Pictures from Gergely Szabo:

http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=100

http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=101

http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=102
http://www.szabogergo.hu/fotok_reszlet.php?id=103

Alex Nakhapetov
18th July 2007, 18:04
Some photos and articles, if you please:

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/eng/index.php

Thank you!

Mirek
18th July 2007, 18:56
Finaly I saw Rally Russia on Eurosport yesterday (unfortunately I have a slow connection now, so that I can't watch movies from internet). You have beatiful stages there, realy ;)

Alex Nakhapetov
19th July 2007, 09:59
Yes, very beautiful - 30 teams off in 4 stages :) Really, every Russian rally has its own beautiful places, nice landscapes, and in result - good photos and videos, because rally is just 150 km of special stages, but we remember the race looking photos and clips and reading interesting stories.

Here there is interesting story - LADA prepares new LADA Kalina for all classes - from N2 up to S2000. If it is interesting, we can translate the interview of Alexander Nikonenko into English...

Mirek
19th July 2007, 13:46
Alex, I saw Lada Kalina TMS RC, but it is not a factory project, isn't it? Anyway good news :-)

LP
19th July 2007, 14:20
Yes, very beautiful - 30 teams off in 4 stages :) Really, every Russian rally has its own beautiful places, nice landscapes, and in result - good photos and videos, because rally is just 150 km of special stages, but we remember the race looking photos and clips and reading interesting stories.

Here there is interesting story - LADA prepares new LADA Kalina for all classes - from N2 up to S2000. If it is interesting, we can translate the interview of Alexander Nikonenko into English...

Alex. is that interview available in Russian? I would like to read it, if it's posted somewhere on your site

Alex Nakhapetov
19th July 2007, 14:21
One of this Kalinas?

http://e-artteam.com/content/view/16/36/lang,en/

Evgeny Novikov had started on Lada Kalina this year in Togliatti dual race...

Alex Nakhapetov
19th July 2007, 14:24
This interview is posted on http://www.rrch.ru - new Russian site about Russian rally championship (it's in Russian only)

Here there is the interview in Russian - about Kalinas, about LADA S2000 on rally Russia and factory's plans in rally. I hope, today we'll prepare the translation and post at once.

Thank you.

Alex Nakhapetov
19th July 2007, 16:51
The interview of Alexander Nikonenko about AvtoVAZ in rally (in English):

http://www.rallyrus.spb.ru/eng/index.php?subaction=showfull&id=1184853912&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&

Thank you!

GigiGalliNo1
14th August 2007, 17:35
I'm just watching the Russian round of the IRC! Boy do the S2000 cars love that surface! They go around corners so fast its beautiful! I'm yes! I'm going to Russia for next year!

HaCo
17th August 2007, 10:14
I'm just watching the Russian round of the IRC! Boy do the S2000 cars love that surface! They go around corners so fast its beautiful! I'm yes! I'm going to Russia for next year!

Gigi,
U should have a look at the Australian championship, this here is a mid season review: http://rally.stanis.info/down.php?id=923 It's a long download, but worth the trip. 3 S2000 cars, lots of N4 and loooots of gravel, the winning toyota is not an s2000... :)

GigiGalliNo1
17th August 2007, 11:36
Gigi,
U should have a look at the Australian championship, this here is a mid season review: http://rally.stanis.info/down.php?id=923 It's a long download, but worth the trip. 3 S2000 cars, lots of N4 and loooots of gravel, the winning toyota is not an s2000... :)

hey thanks for that! i stopped watching the ARC.... it got boaring but might dwnload the mid season review! =)