PDA

View Full Version : What are the worst clothing stains pro race drivers get while racing ?

MikeHarris
22nd June 2007, 01:32
What do you think are the worst stains that pro Formula 1, NASCAR or Rally drivers get on their clothing, while they're race car driving ?

Jaws
22nd June 2007, 01:43
Interesting thread, Mike. I must admit, this plays on my mind a lot at night and keeps me awake.

I think Alex Wurz would have had some terrible stains around the buttocks region after Coulthard launched his car 3cms from Alex's nose earlier this year

Dave B
22nd June 2007, 10:51
Ever sneezed in a balaclava? It's not pretty...

CharlieJ
22nd June 2007, 10:58
EEEEUUUUUUURRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH :erm:

Hazell B
22nd June 2007, 21:39

See Morons from Outer Space for the best example ;)

Wasn't it Coulthard who once said they pee in the car while racing and that it all counts towards the weigh-in? Except Schumacher, of course ;)

Drew
22nd June 2007, 23:05
Interesting thread, Mike. I must admit, this plays on my mind a lot at night and keeps me awake.

I think Alex Wurz would have had some terrible stains around the buttocks region after Coulthard launched his car 3cms from Alex's nose earlier this year

Kubica, however, had thought ahead and packed his brown boxers, just incase.

djarumdudley
1st July 2007, 06:44
Tony Stewart might very well had the worst a couple years ago following a victory at Watkins Glen. he was quite sickly throughout the race, soiling his uniform in a variety of ways.

Mp3 Astra
1st July 2007, 16:40
Wasn't it Coulthard who once said they pee in the car while racing and that it all counts towards the weigh-in? Except Schumacher, of course ;)

They do actually do that in hot races apparently, and it all just evapourates off! :D

Erki
1st July 2007, 18:10
Well if they really feel that they have to pee then it's way healthier to let it flow than to crash with a full bladder...

Robinho
1st July 2007, 18:55
i've heard of vomit, snot and wee, but never of anyone pooing themselves, but i guess it must have happened somewhere?

Erki
1st July 2007, 19:02
i've heard of vomit, snot and wee, but never of anyone pooing themselves, but i guess it must have happened somewhere?

It's hard to press out a nice turd when you're pressed against a seat I guess. Might be a little easier though if you have consumed some rotten eggs some hours before stepping into the car though. :)

jonas_mcrae
1st July 2007, 22:27
Bet rally drivers can get very bizarre stains...
mostly from the environment outside the car... mud,dirt...

http://www.mgr.fi/galleria_australia2006g.jpg

CarlMetro
1st July 2007, 23:24
Kubica, however, had thought ahead and packed his brown boxers, just incase.

I hope he was wearing them again in Montreal the other week :\

Nick The Flick
2nd July 2007, 07:56
There was an F1 driver, who used to always eat Yoghurt before a race as if he was sick in his helmet (as they often are), it would taste quite nice coming back up.

Morbidelli used to pee in his Volvo in nearl.t every race I seem to remember and I think Jacques Villeneuve used to do it on the start line with the adreneline.

Next time a driver crashes on the first corner, check the crotch before it has time to evapourate.

Hazell B
2nd July 2007, 21:07
Next time a driver crashes on the first corner, check the crotch before it has time to evapourate.

You are offically the most evil, yet somehow smart, person on this forum :p :

We will all, as one, be checking out some poor driver's genitals next sunday now :eek:

Crypt
2nd July 2007, 23:12
According to Kimi: Red Wine :p

/love the Iceman

Mark in Oshawa
3rd July 2007, 15:31
Tony Stewart might very well had the worst a couple years ago following a victory at Watkins Glen. he was quite sickly throughout the race, soiling his uniform in a variety of ways.

Apparently he had it coming from both ends. If he wasn't leading, he would have taken a relief driver. Ron Fellows wishes he had....he would have won if not for Tony hanging tough. A hell of an accomplishment....

CCFanatic
3rd July 2007, 20:51

When it gets dry and becomes stiff and hard to breath throught. Done it. Not fun. Or if you do not wash it for a whole season and it becomes yellow and smells.

luvracin
3rd July 2007, 20:56
Well, as F1 cars are designed in Europe they're have the silly little cup holders in them. The result is that Scott Speed has regular stains from his double gulp slurpee...

koppite_rob
3rd July 2007, 22:39
I can't believe no ones said it....

worst stain for a racing driver has to be....

....SKID MARKS

Hazell B
3rd July 2007, 23:50
Good to have you back Rob :laugh:

Mark in Oshawa
4th July 2007, 00:32
When it gets dry and becomes stiff and hard to breath throught. Done it. Not fun. Or if you do not wash it for a whole season and it becomes yellow and smells.

Could be worse if you puked in it. I know a few guys at Mosport during sundowners and 24 hour races that have puked. Apparently going up and down the hills in the dark can mess with your tummy.....and puking while driving is NEVER fun....

ShiftingGears
4th July 2007, 07:42
I remember a story where several drivers in the 1969 French grand prix opted for open face helmets due to the elevation changes giving them motion sickness :p :

Piquet also vomited from dehydration after winning the 1981 Las Vegas grand prix, and the world championship. I havent heard of anyone taking a dump during a race though.

Erki
4th July 2007, 21:23
According to Kimi: Red Wine :p

/love the Iceman

I think too that the real reason Kimi went to Ferrari was nothing else but their red overalls that don't show red wine stains as well as Mc's white ones. Clever bloke..

AndyRAC
4th July 2007, 23:26
What about the Moto GP riders, have you seem some of those grid girls? Dear me, talk about stunning,....bloody hell....!!!

I couldn't ride a bike after seeing some of them, ......

Erki
5th July 2007, 13:51
What about the Moto GP riders, have you seem some of those grid girls? Dear me, talk about stunning,....bloody hell....!!!

I couldn't ride a bike after seeing some of them, ......

That's my thinking. If I were competing in MotoGP, I would have to be reminded all the time that I'm going to ride my bike, not my grid girl.

Erki
5th July 2007, 13:52
Could be worse if you puked in it. I know a few guys at Mosport during sundowners and 24 hour races that have puked. Apparently going up and down the hills in the dark can mess with your tummy.....and puking while driving is NEVER fun....

Nürburgring also has quite a few ups and downs, those who ave competed there in 24h races(or 96h ones...) might have a few interesting stories to tell too...

AndyRAC
5th July 2007, 23:04
That's my thinking. If I were competing in MotoGP, I would have to be reminded all the time that I'm going to ride my bike, not my grid girl.

Plus getting interviewed pre race by Suzi Perry, sorry but I wouldn't be able to race. Talk about hot,.....!!!

speedy king
6th July 2007, 00:10

Ever tried sneezing with just a helmet, watch the stain move left to right round corners on your visor :p :

LotusElise
6th July 2007, 11:20
At Goodwood a few years back, I heard Oliver Gavin explainng to someone how he'd had to clean his Corvette GT1 Le Mans car out with Dettol because of the amount of pee in there. He blamed his team-mates, of course.
I wouldn't want to be the unfortunate team lackey who had to sort out their dirty overalls after the race.

tintin
10th July 2007, 21:47

There is a driver currently competing at a high level in international single-seater racing who wears nappies when racing.

Crypt
10th July 2007, 21:52
At Goodwood a few years back, I heard Oliver Gavin explainng to someone how he'd had to clean his Corvette GT1 Le Mans car out with Dettol because of the amount of pee in there. He blamed his team-mates, of course.
I wouldn't want to be the unfortunate team lackey who had to sort out their dirty overalls after the race.

Get that man a http://www.biorelief.com/store/stadiumpal.html