PDA

View Full Version : Free sweets

Tony Hurdle
21st June 2007, 21:51
I am hoping to do some promotional stuff for a potential sponsor over the weekend, mostly Sunday. I have been given a whole bunch of product samples for this particular company who sell sweets. As such I'm hoping we can get loads of the mums, dads and kids that come along to visit the pits and the 98 car. We'll be giving away the sweets and hoping to do some promo pictures. If you know anyone that's coming, get them to visit us in the pits and get their goodies. I'm also hoping to get an announcement over the PA.

See you at the weekend.

Tony

turn 4 mad
21st June 2007, 22:55
If you know anyone that's coming, get them to visit us in the pits and get their goodies.
Tony[/QUOTE]

i know people tony, theres squirty, kev, spanner, tractor,me, nigel, matt, shrek!!

TeamRogers69
21st June 2007, 23:08
Tony, we'll try to help if we can and tell anyone that comes to the pickup truck garages to go over and see you to get some goodies. We'll be handing out our newsletters to anyone that even glimpses towards our garage so we will tell them then.

I'm sure our little lads will be over at some point looking sweet and innocent!

Good luck with the promotion and trying to secure the sponsorship.

Tony Hurdle
22nd June 2007, 07:24
If you know anyone that's coming, get them to visit us in the pits and get their goodies.
Tony

i know people tony, theres squirty, kev, spanner, tractor,me, nigel, matt, shrek!![/QUOTE]

That's why they will be locked away. :-)

Tony Hurdle
22nd June 2007, 07:25
Tony, we'll try to help if we can and tell anyone that comes to the pickup truck garages to go over and see you to get some goodies. We'll be handing out our newsletters to anyone that even glimpses towards our garage so we will tell them then.

I'm sure our little lads will be over at some point looking sweet and innocent!

Good luck with the promotion and trying to secure the sponsorship.

Thanks, appreciate your help.

deadsquirrel
22nd June 2007, 10:59
I'm sure some Safety Team crew could be persuaded to do some promo shots, whilst scoffing sweets :)

Jordygirl
22nd June 2007, 15:56
And I'm sure there will be some marshals who wouldn't mind scoffing sweets for publicity purposes :laugh:

Chigley
22nd June 2007, 16:38
And I'm sure there will be some marshals who wouldn't mind scoffing sweets for publicity purposes :laugh:

The female versions are banned from sweets as they have to look after their figures (non numeric) and stay fit.

:rotflmao:

Jordygirl
22nd June 2007, 17:03
:o hplease: Comments like that are not allowed. You are now officially on a yellow card Mr Chigley, any more comments like that I'll have no option but to inform the Sexist Police :rotflmao:

racing59
22nd June 2007, 19:21
Have you any Jelly Babies perchance?

turn 4 mad
22nd June 2007, 22:37
i know people tony, theres squirty, kev, spanner, tractor,me, nigel, matt, shrek!!

That's why they will be locked away. :-)[/QUOTE]

sorry tony to late, we had some tonight whilst setting up!

FRWW
25th June 2007, 11:10
I think I got through about 10 packets of Jelly Beans and then began to feel sick ! I did hand some out to kids passing by - honest I did !

Fay x

Tiesse
25th June 2007, 18:33
Just like to say thanks for the sweets. The kids loved them (they also are a favourite of mine!)

Does the potential sponsorship mean a change in livery or will it just be another sticker?

Tony Hurdle
25th June 2007, 22:24
Just like to say thanks for the sweets. The kids loved them (they also are a favourite of mine!)

Does the potential sponsorship mean a change in livery or will it just be another sticker?

Glad you liked the sweets. We must have given away over 3,000 sample packs. We had a load of photos taken to show the people at Jelly Belly and what we can do for them. The aim is to get them on board from here on and will probably be a sticker deal at this point.

ps. Let me know who you are next round Tiesse. I'm still putting faces to Forum names:-)

Tony

Tiesse
25th June 2007, 22:37
Glad you liked the sweets. We must have given away over 3,000 sample packs. We had a load of photos taken to show the people at Jelly Belly and what we can do for them. The aim is to get them on board from here on and will probably be a sticker deal at this point.

ps. Let me know who you are next round Tiesse. I'm still putting faces to Forum names:-)

Tony

I've usually got a camera hanging round my neck, rucksack on my back, & trying to keep an eleven year old & a six year old in tow (and to cap it off on Sunday, my wife!). Needless to say, this task leaves me with a rapidly receeding hairline & a back ache by the time I get home!

As my name is Tony as well, I trust you won't forget it!

darknessrock
25th June 2007, 22:52
It was great to have the samples,, me and my boys dined in style on sunday,, Cheerios bars followed by jelly beans..
Thanks for that, just need some sponsorship from a tea/coffe manufacturer next:0

Reynard
25th June 2007, 23:04
It was great to have the samples,, me and my boys dined in style on sunday,, Cheerios bars followed by jelly beans..
Thanks for that, just need some sponsorship from a tea/coffe manufacturer next:0

Bleurgh! I felt the effects of just one pack of the jelly beans - hadn't had any in a while and forgot how sweet they are. Would need something savoury after that - how about a Ginsters' car?

JDPower
26th June 2007, 03:25
Would need something savoury after that - how about a Ginsters' car?
You'd eat a whole car?!?! :s hock: :p

racing59
26th June 2007, 06:45
Lee O'Keefe's machine has been curried.....

Mmmmm Vindaloo....

FRWW
26th June 2007, 11:40
Oooooh a sausage roll car - yummy !!!

Sausage Rolls and Jelly Beans - I'm in heaven................doesn't take much to make me happy !

JDPower
26th June 2007, 21:36
Lee O'Keefe's machine has been curried.....

Mmmmm Vindaloo....
A Madrascar (groan :p )

Tiesse
26th June 2007, 22:13
A Madrascar (groan :p )

Would it go like stink & leave skid marks?

racing59
26th June 2007, 23:36
It's probably been converted to run on Stella, and loves to go out for a fight!

Nick Brad
27th June 2007, 10:07
They certainly took care of my sugar needs, despite sitting around for the rain to go away I never made it over for a cheerios bar. Still, I managed to get a little bit of spotting done, 10 minutes in the morning and then back up with Tony for a brief few laps in the wet whilst Rob was tortured. I think Tony had me down as a madman for reporting a spinner in 1 just after he'd crawled through there, lol.