PDA

View Full Version : Silly season 1: Could it be possible???

K-Pu
21st June 2007, 17:59
Alonso to Ferrari, Raikkonen to Toyota and Rosberg to Ferrari too... And even Schumacher is back!

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/250477/0/Alonso/Raikkonen/Ferrari/

Though the article is in Spanish, everything has been said in the first line. I translate:

Since it was revealed the possibility of Alonso leaving McLaren t join Ferrari due to hisuncomfortable situation at the Anglo-German team, sumors about changes in Ferrari have not stopped.

Last wednesday we talked about of the possible return of Michael Schumacher to Ferrari, pointed out by the german magazine Auto Bild Motorsport, which now talks about Kimi Raikkonen leaving the Maranello team at the end of this season, and it´s sure they´re lookling for his successor-

Raikkonen is havng problems to match mis teammate´s pace Felipe Massa in the other F2007, and their bosses are very concerned about Raikkonen´s lack of concentration and his newbie mistakes, not allowing him to cross the finish line in competitive places.

Bets give Fernando Alonso as the successor of the finnish, tough it could also be Nico Rosberg (Williams), who has demonstrated a competitive pace this season.

Continuing with rumros, it´s been commented that Toyota would be willing to hire Raikkonen to be Ralf Schumacher´s substitute for the next season.

Kimi said in Silverstone that "the next races are going to be decissive. Nine points it´s not what I had expected from the last two races. We´ve lost a lof of terrain with our rivals, but we´re not out yet. Things can change".

Luca di Montezemolo: "Raikkonen is very strong. Ask Schumi and Alonso"

Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, Ferrari´s president, gave more confidence to the finnish. Kimi is very strong. It´s enough to think about what the two last WDC´s said about him. Schumacher has always said that Raikkonen and Alonso have been his strongest competitors in the last years. And the Spaniard always says Raikkonen and Schumacher were his toughest rivals.

Is this possible? I say no. It´s the kind of thing Marca would say with no source at all. I don´t know about Auto Bild Motorsport reliability, but this looks quite fantastic...

andreag
21st June 2007, 18:41
You shouldn't trust free newspapers ("20 minutos" is a tabloid freely distributed in bars and shops every morning), as well as you don't trust "Marca" (they could invent anything to fill pages), or even "Bild Motorsport" (after Michael retirement they're suffering a painful lack of stories).

jens
21st June 2007, 18:50
I can't believe that there are so many speculations about Räikkönen moving to Toyota. :s IMO it's practically impossible. I think Kimi has a similar attitude as JPM. If he can't drive for a top team, then he'll simply leave. Partly because he is not interested in building up a midfield team - he is not that kind of person. He just wants to drive fast... Montoya last year got an offer from Red Bull, but he didn't care - he left. If Kimi's only choice is going to be Toyota, then I think he'll choose a retirement too.

Ian McC
21st June 2007, 20:22
Well, that seems like a load of cobblers :D

Eki
21st June 2007, 20:43
Alonso to Ferrari, Raikkonen to Toyota and Rosberg to Ferrari too... And even Schumacher is back!

http://www.20minutos.es/noticia/250477/0/Alonso/Raikkonen/Ferrari/

Though the article is in Spanish, everything has been said in the first line. I translate:

Since it was revealed the possibility of Alonso leaving McLaren t join Ferrari due to hisuncomfortable situation at the Anglo-German team, sumors about changes in Ferrari have not stopped.

Last wednesday we talked about of the possible return of Michael Schumacher to Ferrari, pointed out by the german magazine Auto Bild Motorsport, which now talks about Kimi Raikkonen leaving the Maranello team at the end of this season, and it´s sure they´re lookling for his successor-

Raikkonen is havng problems to match mis teammate´s pace Felipe Massa in the other F2007, and their bosses are very concerned about Raikkonen´s lack of concentration and his newbie mistakes, not allowing him to cross the finish line in competitive places.

Bets give Fernando Alonso as the successor of the finnish, tough it could also be Nico Rosberg (Williams), who has demonstrated a competitive pace this season.

Continuing with rumros, it´s been commented that Toyota would be willing to hire Raikkonen to be Ralf Schumacher´s substitute for the next season.

Kimi said in Silverstone that "the next races are going to be decissive. Nine points it´s not what I had expected from the last two races. We´ve lost a lof of terrain with our rivals, but we´re not out yet. Things can change".

Luca di Montezemolo: "Raikkonen is very strong. Ask Schumi and Alonso"

Luca Cordero di Montezemolo, Ferrari´s president, gave more confidence to the finnish. Kimi is very strong. It´s enough to think about what the two last WDC´s said about him. Schumacher has always said that Raikkonen and Alonso have been his strongest competitors in the last years. And the Spaniard always says Raikkonen and Schumacher were his toughest rivals.

Is this possible? I say no. It´s the kind of thing Marca would say with no source at all. I don´t know about Auto Bild Motorsport reliability, but this looks quite fantastic...
Why would Ferrari hire a driver who can't beat a rookie in his team to replace a driver who can't beat a more experienced driver in his team? They'd have to be desperate. I'd say Hamilton beating Alonso must be more depressing for Alonso than Massa beating Räikkönen is for Räikkönen.

LeonBrooke
22nd June 2007, 00:49
I think Ferrari would have to be crazy to dump either of their drivers at the moment, as would McLaren, and they'd have to be crazy to leave the teams.
I can imagine that Ferrari would want Rosberg, but they wouldn't dump Raikkonen or Massa for him.

Anyway, how long were Alonso's and Raikkonen's contracts for?