PDA

View Full Version : MotoGP - Donington

alfa155btcc
20th June 2007, 18:17
Hi Again Guys, as the post says your views on forthcoming Donington British GP 2007, all your views and not just about the big class, also would like your views on 250 & 125 Classes ?

Saluti
alfa155btcc
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

maxu05
21st June 2007, 11:15
What ? You don't have any ? :laugh:

tha_jackal
21st June 2007, 11:21
What ? You don't have any ? :laugh:

Check and mate! :D

Considering Donny's questionable weather in the past im going to make dry and wet predictions for all three categories:

MotoGP:
1. Pedrosa
2. Stoner
3. Rossi

MotoGP(Wet):
1. Vermeulen
2. West
3. Melandri

Pole> Hopkins

250:
1. Lorenzo
2. Dovi
3. DeAngelis

250(Wet):
1. DeAngelis
2. Simon
3. Umm, i dunno whose good in the wet without Westy there! :D

Pole> Lorenzo (no! Really!?!! :laugh :)

125:
1. Smith (goooo young bradley)
2. Pasini (he NEEDS some luck)
3. Gadea

125(Wet):
1. Smith
2. Bonsey (why not!)
3. Krummenacher (found a bit of form!)

Pole> Koyama

All in all I cant wait to see Westy in with the big boys! Should be a great weekend of racing, one im going to enjoy like none other..

alfa155btcc
21st June 2007, 21:45
I think it will be -

Moto gp
1.Rossi
2.Stoner
3.Pedrosa

250 class
1.Lorenzo
2.Dovi
3.Simon

125 Class
1.Pasini (its got to come good sometime)
2.Gadea
3.Smith

Saluti and here is to a great weekend of racing weather permiting.
:s mokin: :s mokin: :s mokin:

patnicholls
21st June 2007, 21:45
It does look like rain for Saturday and Sunday, according to the forecast. I'm heading down to Donington just for raceday this year, can't make Saturday unfortunately - it's best to take pictures during practice, rather than when the races are on.

As for predictions, if it's wet, can't argue with Jake's prediction although I'm thinking Randy de Puniet could be up there too - just thinking back to the 2005 250cc race which was held in a torrential downpour - Randy won ahead of Westy and Casey in one of the best races I've seen.

In the 125s would be nice to see Bradley up the front too at home, he's doing really well on a bike that isn't a match for the Aprilias on some circuits - he really didn't stand a chance at Mugello or Catalunya on raw power. And I'd like to see Mattia Pasini do well - on raw pace I reckon he's the fastest in 125s this year, but has had terrible luck (how many mechanical DNFs, a couple of races where he led then dropped back with problems, then a mechanical which caused a crash...). And my boy Raffaele de Rosa is due a good result, he's been near the podium a couple of times but has also been unlucky in a couple.

For the 250s, two of my fave riders in the class go well at Donington - that'd be Alvaro and Dovi (although Dovi fell last year, remounted to 6th) so hopefully they can get a good one too although Jorge is looking dominant (has anyone looked at http://www.lorenzo48.com/ - good for a laugh). Don't really know about rain form in the class these days although Julian Simon won in the wet on a 125 a couple of years ago.

In the main class - well Rossi loves Donington, always goes well and Colin Edwards has some form in the UK despite his recent crap showings. I wouldn't imagine it'd suit the Ducati too well but am prepared to be wrong, like at Le Mans! However I expect Honda to go well, and in particular any Michelin-shod bike relative to the Bridgies, who've struggled at Donington so far.

Should be interesting!

alfa155btcc
22nd June 2007, 17:17
Yes it`s gonna be wet alright,

Think Moto gp class if it`s wet is gonna be between Vermulan, Rossi and Pedrosa maybe Melandri

Saluti
:s mokin:

Corny
22nd June 2007, 19:06
Doesn't matter if its wet or dry, Stoner will win it on sunday.. Duc/Stoner simply can't be beaten at the moment

alfa155btcc
22nd June 2007, 19:49
Pedrosa and Hayden finish 1st and 2nd in final practice on friday, good news for honda

Corny
22nd June 2007, 20:18
but it was Stoner who was fastest..
good from Dani btw, I remember him being lapped in a rainy Australia last year! Look where he is now

patnicholls
22nd June 2007, 22:28
Dani is looking much better in the wet recently - impressive stuff.

I'll be packing the raincoat, tent, hats, gloves, etc for Sunday. Oh, and a powerboat to get there.

Although, for all the 'look at the Brits and their crappy weather', Julian and Toby on Eurosport mentioned that it's only been wet twice in 21 years of the GP at Donington (2000 - Rossi's first 500cc win, McWilliams on the podium on the Aprilia twin, Ralf Waldmann's 'back-to-front' win in 250s, and 2005 - 'The Monsoon' as I refer to it :p ). It's been wetter at Jerez, Estoril, etc!

Mach24
23rd June 2007, 00:27
Dani is looking much better in the wet recently - impressive stuff.

I'll be packing the raincoat, tent, hats, gloves, etc for Sunday. Oh, and a powerboat to get there.

Although, for all the 'look at the Brits and their crappy weather', Julian and Toby on Eurosport mentioned that it's only been wet twice in 21 years of the GP at Donington (2000 - Rossi's first 500cc win, McWilliams on the podium on the Aprilia twin, Ralf Waldmann's 'back-to-front' win in 250s, and 2005 - 'The Monsoon' as I refer to it :p ). It's been wetter at Jerez, Estoril, etc!

Pat, stop throwing blatant FACTS at us, we are still going to go on about the 'crappy British weather'!

RaikkonenRules
23rd June 2007, 00:29
I am for race day :D Who else is going?

Ranger
23rd June 2007, 02:21
I remember him being lapped in a rainy Australia last year! Look where he is now
Now that performance in Phillip Island wasnt really representative IMO.

He had just had that injury in Malaysia the previous round which would have contributed to that nonetheless.

NinjaMaster
23rd June 2007, 03:31
Hope ya have a great time Pat, RR and anyone else who is going. Just remember to rug up and make lots of noise! Should be a cracker. Hope it is as good as the 250 race 3(?) years ago when West was with KTM. I'd even be happy with the same podium! ;)

ozrevhead
23rd June 2007, 09:45
but it was Stoner who was fastest..
good from Dani btw, I remember him being lapped in a rainy Australia last year! Look where he is now
Hmmm reading most forums, I feel they still dont believe that Casey/Dukes cant do well in the wet or in twisty tracks. They still feel that the engine and not Casey was the reason they won in Spain!!!!

Well those who are waiting for Casey to wilt under Vale's supreme ability to pile the pressure better find a comfy spot cause they will be waiting awhile!!!

Ranger
23rd June 2007, 12:11
Hayden has looked fast all weekend and has just topped FP3. Hopefully he'll be able to get in a good result this weekend and not crash like in Le Mans.

Judging by those times, Rossi is looking pretty shaky. :\

ozrevhead
23rd June 2007, 12:14
Vale could be foxing though

As for Practice - I sence that Nicky, Pedrobot and Casey looks the best all weekend

Ranger
23rd June 2007, 12:20
I'll bet that Casey will win it on Sunday.

Which is slightly unfortunate... In MotoGp we get great racing and I get an Aussie winning, which is a bonus, but we all like to see a title down to the wire, which is starting to look somewhat unlikely with Stoner's string of wins this early in the season, so hopefully Pedrosa and Rossi can improve as the season goes on. :up:

ozrevhead
23rd June 2007, 12:37
I have a different POV

Casey's season has been beyond expectation and beyond my wildest dreams so Im enjoying it while it last because you dont have bad days in motorsport - u have miserable ones

osg
23rd June 2007, 12:54
Absolutely stunned at Hayden's turnaround. I can't stand him but props to him for an impressive effort so far this weekend.

They must have done some serious modifications to the new chassis that Hayden tested earlier this week to have him improve so dramatically. Long way back from 99 points down, but good luck to him, the proof will be in quali and the race i guess.

As for Vale, i sincerley hope he is putting up the smoke and mirrors, as he only snuck into the Top 10 at the death in FP3.......

Ranger
23rd June 2007, 16:00
Edwards on pole!... I reckon he'll be cursed for the race though. :D

jim mcglinchey
23rd June 2007, 16:07
..yeah, whens this pole -setter-does-not-win thing going to end ? har har.

Corny
23rd June 2007, 16:09
..yeah, whens this pole -setter-does-not-win thing going to end ? har har.

That will take at least one week more!

My top 3 for tomorrow:
Stoner
Rossi
Pedrosa

How can it be else?:P

24th June 2007, 05:49
Pasini on pole - here's hoping that a chance of fortune is on the cards for him at Donington. :wave:

alfa155btcc
24th June 2007, 11:45
Pasini on pole - here's hoping that a chance of fortune is on the cards for him at Donington. :wave:

I really hope so never seen anyone with bad luck like him come on Passini :s mokin:

osg
24th June 2007, 11:58
Warmup for MotoGP was wet....... West at the top of the sheets. Amazing.

Results:

1. Anthony West AUS Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 43.837 secs
2. Casey Stoner AUS Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 43.973 secs
3. Colin Edwards USA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 44.095 secs
4. Chris Vermeulen AUS Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 44.591 secs
5. John Hopkins USA Rizla Suzuki MotoGP (B) 1min 44.597 secs
6. Alex Barros BRA Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 45.056 secs
7. Nicky Hayden USA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 45.389 secs
8. Randy de Puniet FRA Kawasaki Racing Team (B) 1min 45.469 secs
9. Valentino Rossi ITA Fiat Yamaha Team (M) 1min 45.768 secs
10. Alex Hofmann GER Pramac d'Antin MotoGP (B) 1min 45.771 secs
11. Shinya Nakano JPN Konica Minolta Honda (M) 1min 45.786 secs
12. Loris Capirossi ITA Ducati Marlboro Team (B) 1min 45.949 secs
13. Dani Pedrosa SPA Repsol Honda Team (M) 1min 45.992 secs
14. Toni Elias SPA Gresini Honda (B) 1min 46.104 secs
15. Marco Melandri ITA Gresini Honda (B) 1min 46.146 secs
16. Carlos Checa SPA Honda LCR (M) 1min 46.193 secs
17. Sylvain Guintoli FRA Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 52.635 secs
18. Makoto Tamada JPN Dunlop Tech 3 Yamaha (D) 1min 52.769 secs
19. Kurtis Roberts USA Team Roberts (M) 1min 53.340 secs

ozrevhead
24th June 2007, 13:24
Just watch the motogp

De Anglis falls after leading for all bar a lap and half but manages to get second

Dovizioso wins and cuts Lorenzos lead to 11pts after Lorenzo

osg
24th June 2007, 14:00
Killing myself laughing about Lorenzo....... no flag planting ceremony this weekend you little pretentious {expletive deleted - mod} bwahahahaahahahahaha.....

alfa155btcc
24th June 2007, 15:08
Hat`s off to Stoner a very mature ride for a young and looking like potential Moto gp champ ? He had a bad start but that Ducati just looked so hooked up even when it was drying out, and yo see even Capirossi catching everyone once he hooked it up but unlucky for him he fell off. Looks like the testing that they did on bridgetone tyre really paid off. Rossi trye was mess at end Michelin again not doing a Good Job and Bridgetone superb.

Never discount the Doctor though hope it all goes down to the wire, Stoner, Ducati and Bridgestone looking un touchable at the moment.

Roll on Asen

alfa155btcc
24th June 2007, 15:09
Killing myself laughing about Lorenzo....... no flag planting ceremony this weekend you little pretentious {expletive deleted - mod} bwahahahaahahahahaha.....

me too was glad for Doviziozo, mister consistent. :D :D :D

Corny
24th June 2007, 15:15
I'm not the biggest fan of Stoner, but what a race that man did today! He really deserves the title, I'm sure he'll get it

ozrevhead
24th June 2007, 15:16
we've heard it all...

So far we have had...
Cant come back from mid pack
Cant win in the wet
Cant win on twisty track
Cant handle pressure from Valentino

When will people finally give Ducati and Casey the credit they deserve

jim mcglinchey
24th June 2007, 15:26
Rossi trye was mess at end Michelin again not doing a Good Job and Bridgetone superb.

Never discount the Doctor though hope it all goes down to the wire, Stoner, Ducati and Bridgestone looking un touchable at the moment.

Well, how come a similarly shod Edwards came second and Rossi's tyre looked OK from what I could see. How I laughed when Chris V went by him to knock him off the podium.

tha_jackal
24th June 2007, 16:32
Top stuff by Casey and Chris, really tricky race.. Ant was doing soo well until he just got bitten by the 800s torque (said it came around on him unexpectedly, causing him to run wide, he almost saved it!) and to come back and finish 11th, gutsy.. Good post race interview too, he THANKED the team :up: .. Oh and Ant allready has more points than OJ :p

osg
24th June 2007, 21:20
Hat`s off to Stoner a very mature ride for a young and looking like potential Moto gp champ ? He had a bad start but that Ducati just looked so hooked up even when it was drying out, and yo see even Capirossi catching everyone once he hooked it up but unlucky for him he fell off. Looks like the testing that they did on bridgetone tyre really paid off. Rossi trye was mess at end Michelin again not doing a Good Job and Bridgetone superb.

Roll on Asen

haven't watched the race (early to bed for a 14hr day at work today), but it sounds like an absolute ball tearer again.....can't wait to get home and watch it!!!!

I'm a Rossi fan, but as an Aussie i'm proud as punch to see Casey dominating as he is............ such a different rider to last season it's almost unreal.....

25th June 2007, 04:33
Casey - magic. Edwards - haven't changed my previous thoughts about him but congrats to him for a good ride. Pasini - yeah!!!! Dovizioso - held it together for a well deserved win. And to the nearly 85,000 fans who stood there in the wet and cold for hours, take a bow everyone, I admire you all. Hope you're all tucked up in bed nice and warm now. :up:

Ranger
25th June 2007, 10:49
Casey Crasher ain't crashin' any more - it's ridiculous. He's gone from hot headed rookie on a privateer Honda to an 800cc Ducati and 8 races into 2007 he's won the same number of races that Rossi did in the entirity of last year. He sure as hell deserves the title, but at this rate we won't see the title fight to the last round!

MrJan
25th June 2007, 22:48
My first MotoGP and not really a classic but still a very enjoyable weekend. Casey was superb really, looked like a true champion (unlike that useless excuse for a decent rider that's currently rolling round with the No. 1 on his bike). West was impressive and showed some real resolve to come back to 11th. Shame that Loris dropped it as he was looking like getting back into it but that's the price you pay in difficult conditions. Hts also off to Edwards (showed Vale up) and the guys on the Suzuki's. Nice to see that team doing well and hopefully the Kawazaki's will hit some form soon so that we can have a really varied top 6 unlike the Yamaha, Honda fest of recent years.

125's and 250's were interesting too, especially the 250s with a huge number of top runners going down. Three guys were showing their class before Lorenzo dropped it then the other 2 showed how much better than the rest of the field they are.

Still I reckon the best race of the weekend was the MotoGP rookies. I lost count of the number of riders falling off and overtaking moves but it was ceratinly entertaining.