PDA

View Full Version : TOCA- which was the best?

Brown, Jon Brow
20th June 2007, 16:46
Rank them in order of your favourite. Maybe a poll will be helpful ;)

This is my opinion

1) Toca 2 Touring Cars
2) Toca Race Driver 3
3) Toca Touring Car Championship
4) Toca Race Driver
5) Toca Race Driver 2
6) Toca World Touring Cars

Over to you!! ;)

tannat
20th June 2007, 17:01
This is an apples to oranges comparison, as the BTCC based games differ drastically from the TRD series

I'll choose TOCA2 (much improved over 1) and TRD1 as I'm competitve with it :D

TRD1 has nearly all weather options available for every track, it has the BTCC, and keeps setup simple.

I feel as if I need to be a race engineer in training sometimes with TRD2 and TRD3..

johnny shell
20th June 2007, 17:04
I've only played TRD3. I just got my first video game system early last year.
a friend had a wheel and GT4 and I thought it was pretty cool, so I got one.

well, it wasn't exactly my first - I had an atari 2600 in about '82ish and I had the original Sega in like '87 or so!

but anyway I was looking for something with an F1 car in it and stumbled across Toca.

Then I found this site, and the rest is history!

my old drinking buddies have seen much less of me ever since that happened!

AndyRAC
21st June 2007, 16:17
Still occaisionally play TOCA World Touring Cars on the PS1; Monkey Nuts Vauxhall, Freesan Nissan, Loeck BMW,etc. Some great circuits, Road America, Bathurst, grew to love Sugo. Had TOCA 1&2 kept get taken out by Cleland and Thompson, so stopped playing it, didn't agree with getting kicked out of the championship, stupid rule.

Brown, Jon Brow
21st June 2007, 17:43
didn't agree with getting kicked out of the championship, stupid rule.

I used a cheat, "punchy" ,so you didn't get kicked out of the championship ;)

Will L
26th June 2007, 18:13
TRD3 was definetly the best, TOCA Touring Cars 2 was also a great game. Third place for me is TRD2.

Adam Sloma
26th June 2007, 19:03
1) Toca Race Driver 3 (PC)
2) Toca Race Driver (PS2)
3) Toca 2 Touring Cars
4) Toca Race Driver 2 (PC)

306 Cosworth
26th June 2007, 19:06
Having owned all of the above games bar TRD2 for me Toca2 was the best followed by Toca World Touring cars. You just can't beat the original games!

jslone
3rd July 2007, 04:35
Well 2006 is pretty good but its on the PSP,so those of you who have the PSP get it.

Prodgers
9th July 2007, 06:33
Toca World Touring Cars was easily the best - most TOCA game i played

pino
9th July 2007, 07:58
Toca 2 for me :up:

306 Cosworth
10th July 2007, 21:52
Lets face it, Codies will never beat the original 'TOCA' games which were based on the BTCC or the WTCC.

CCFanatic
10th July 2007, 22:33
TOCA 3 as it was, at the time, the only video game in the US that had semi up to date F1 cars.

Mp3 Astra
11th July 2007, 00:17
1) Toca 2 - So many fond memories, a great tribute to the 1998 season
2) Toca - Got this Christmas 1997 I do believe. Also loved the tanks
3) TRD2 -A good simulator, fun stuff and still a novelty
4) Toca Race Driver - Nice and simple, and a storyline straight out of Hollywood (yeah right)
5) Toca World Touring Cars - Pretty fun stuff. Custom races were a big bonus!
6) TRD3 - Not really an improvement on number 2, so it annoyed me.

speedy king
11th July 2007, 01:02
Toca 1, LOVE the music during qualifying and the races, also the sound of the cars for some reason. THE game that started TOCA, much better on PC by the way...

Mravac Kid
13th July 2007, 19:24
I have very fond memories of playing TOCA 2, so it has to take first place... though, it may be because it was pretty much the only game of its genre for years and years.
TRD 1 was very nice too, but it did have some problems for me (probably due to underpowered hardware). I have barely played TRD 2 and it was too "ooh, shiny" for my taste. And I found the original TOCA only fairly recently, when it was severely overwhelmed by age.
I don't think I played any of the others.

gocal1224
16th July 2007, 17:27
By the way... Is that 007 Aston Martin in the TOCA 3 game for XBOX. If it is I guess I have not unlocked enough.

Thanks.

PiotrB
19th July 2007, 16:01
1) ToCA Race Driver 3 (lots of cars and tracks, fantastic online mode, very good driving model - Pro-Sim, good AI and very very good damage model)

2) TOCA Touring Car Championship (very good music during races, BTCC, good gameplay)

3) TOCA 2 Touring Cars (BTCC, good driving model, lots of championships, difficulty - Expert)

4) TOCA World Touring Cars (lots of tracks from around the world, career mode, very good driving model)

5) ToCA Race Driver 2 (good driving model, quite good online mode, nice movies in career mode)

6) ToCA Race Driver (lots of cars and tracks, difficulty level, BTCC)

jslone
23rd July 2007, 06:43
The thing I dont like about Toca is the fact that one cant just run the tracks for free like in Gran Turismo and Forza,plus the damage factor is a bit too much to get used to.

AndyRAC
24th July 2007, 10:26
The thing I dont like about Toca is the fact that one cant just run the tracks for free like in Gran Turismo and Forza,plus the damage factor is a bit too much to get used to.

Can't understand why this is like this, why can't you run any vehicle on any track.

jslone
26th July 2007, 05:58
Can't understand why this is like this, why can't you run any vehicle on any track.

They say a free run,but it aint really a true run,you have to do a series to fun those tracks.

kmchow
31st July 2007, 19:46
My pick is

1) Toca 2 Touring Cars <--there's so many extra car (skins) you can add to it! It's like a racing museum you can play!
2) Toca Race Driver 3 <--lotsa different disciplines to race.
3) Toca Race Driver <--has a Vancouver track so find having my hometown (track) touch really neat!

?? Toca Race Driver 2 <--played demo only, can't really comment
?? Toca World Touring Cars <--never played it, can't comment

Dauns
1st August 2007, 15:15
hahahahah
Very great~!
Keep up the great work~!
hahahahah

Sir Galahad
1st August 2007, 16:36
I wanna see knockhill back in TOCA. So my fave is TOCA race driver and TOCA 2.

real_illusions
1st August 2007, 18:59
i think toca race driver 481 will be the best one.