PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Murray to miss Oulton Park

Marc W
20th June 2007, 14:49
I've just heard that Eoin Murray has to miss Oulton due to not having an engine available to use for the weekend after his blow up at Croft. They have one spare but it is nearly up to maximum mileage already and so they can't use it this weekend. He will be back for Donington Park.

Dickie L'Amour
20th June 2007, 14:56
I've just heard that Eoin Murray has to miss Oulton due to not having an engine available to use for the weekend after his blow up at Croft. They have one spare but it is nearly up to maximum mileage already and so they can't use it this weekend. He will be back for Donington Park.

Yep, saw this on btcc.net. Great shame. Is he the unluckiest driver in BTC C history in terms of DNFs and non starts?!!! At least the three missing at Croft are back so its 25 cars.

Ur not a salmon
20th June 2007, 15:13
Just goes to show if you cannot do the job properly then do not do it at all. Doing it the way Murray has with his smaller than shoestring budget has not helped his cause for more sponsership at all. Nobody is going to sponsor a car that keeps retiring with mechanical problems are they? He would maybe be better off saying to potential sponsers: "here is my CV, look at what I have done in the past....." instead of taking away some of his streetcred by performing so poorly this year. His car this year makes Mark Smith's Alfa look uber-reliable. :(

VXRDartford
20th June 2007, 15:34
I totally disagree with ur not a salmon. When he has been able to race he has shown that he has talent and it is not his fault the car is not very reliable. Id rather a team at least tries to get a car out than just say oh well we don't have enough money lets not bother.

Mark smiths alfa might have been reliable but it was very very slow where as murray has been challenging for points when he has been able.

Hope to see murry back soon and showing his full potential

AlexD
20th June 2007, 16:29
If all teams thought like that, motorsport would be very, very dull indeed. Murray is good, yes he needs more reliability, more money and more luck, so I'm hoping he gets a really good result when he returns.

SEATFreak
20th June 2007, 17:06
Is he the unluckiest driver in BTC C history in terms of DNFs and non starts?!!!

I know it is probably a rhetorical question but I see no harm in exploring it.

I cannot say in terms of 'BTCC history' which is what you ask but I can confirm this since he arrived which may or may not gague history.

He had 4 non finishes and 4 non starts last year. But he didn't come till Croft and he wasn't at Knockhill for rounds 22, 23 and 24 so their wasn't as the races for him to become the driver to achieve the most DNF's and DNS's in the 2006 season.

But whereas his 5 non finsihes this term is the most number of DNF's achieved, he shares it with a few drivers. Shedden, Howell, Marsh and Legatte also have 5. As for non-starts some small consolation I suppose. He is certainly not the driver with the most non stats. His 2 non starts easily eclipsed by Nick Leason who has failed to get out 5 times.

VkmSpouge
20th June 2007, 19:08
I hope Eoin Murray has better reliability when he comes back for Donington Park.

Brooklands78
20th June 2007, 19:52
It's hardly a new problem in motorsport - lack of funding invariably leads to lack of reliability which, in turn, doesn't do you any favours in attracting new sponsorship. Somewhere in amongst all of that is a very talented driver in Eoin Murray, who deserves better luck for the remainder of the season. A few finishes in the top ten will hopefully help him to get the backing he deserves.

BDunnell
20th June 2007, 20:53
Sadly, I don't think that luck has much, or anything, to do with it. Money is more important.

Adam Bollons
20th June 2007, 22:43
Thats a shame, he's fast that boy!

Dickie L'Amour
20th June 2007, 23:58
I know it is probably a rhetorical question but I see no harm in exploring it.

I cannot say in terms of 'BTCC history' which is what you ask but I can confirm this since he arrived which may or may not gague history.

He had 4 non finishes and 4 non starts last year. But he didn't come till Croft and he wasn't at Knockhill for rounds 22, 23 and 24 so their wasn't as the races for him to become the driver to achieve the most DNF's and DNS's in the 2006 season.

But whereas his 5 non finsihes this term is the most number of DNF's achieved, he shares it with a few drivers. Shedden, Howell, Marsh and Legatte also have 5. As for non-starts some small consolation I suppose. He is certainly not the driver with the most non stats. His 2 non starts easily eclipsed by Nick Leason who has failed to get out 5 times.

Thank you, SEATFreak, for such an informed reply.

SEATFreak
21st June 2007, 07:48
My pleasure.

dwracing23
22nd June 2007, 18:06
Hi guys shame Murrey not racing at Oulton but some good news on the Jones front he has his new engine and some news on his website http://www.adam-jones.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=1 or

http://www.adam-jones.co.uk

I hear another driver may not be racing this weekend!?