PDA

View Full Version : I need a tent!

LessThanSte
20th June 2007, 12:27
Help!

Bit of a dilemma here. Ive managed to win myself (i make it sound bad) a pair of weekend tickets to the French GP (it isnt ). We've never been to France before and my French is a bit limited.

We've also never been camping to a GP before, or indeed, camping anywhere other than a back garden (thats me and my dad, anyway, i've camped with Scouts and stuff in the past!).

The only tent we have access to would make Red Bull's hospitality look a bit shabby, which is a problem, considering that the spaces they give us are, aledgedly, 25 sq m. My dad Vauxhall Vectra takes up half of that!

Now, my idea would be to find some brits and persuading them they like us enough to share our tent (we'd only be using half), and having 50 sq m to play with, but thats a long shot really (and possibly hazardous to health!).

Im told that also the 25 sq m is a bit vague, and to be fair the camping area is huge, so we could probably get away with more, but if we chance it and then get told off on the day it'd be mighty irritating!

So, my request. Does anyone have a decent quality tent, enough to comfortably house 2 people and a selection of BBQ's for a weekend. We used to use Challenger tents with Scouts a few years back, im looking for something a bit bigger than that (thats kinda a bit small really, no room to move around really), so something thats around, say, 15 sq m.

Im thinking something this size-ish;

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/1000000311099

Would anyone be able to help out and lend me a tent? I could pick it up at the weekend and drop it back at the next meeting. We could, i suppose, pay for the priviledge!

Steve

Viktory
20th June 2007, 14:05
I have an old mouldy tent me, my dad and brother have used twice at the Finnish rally ('04, '05) and once at the 24 hr of Le Mans ('05). It's not big enough to stand in, and not sure how healthy it is sleeping in a mouldy tent (we survived, no side-effects, promise :p ) but three people could sleep in it, relatively comfortably. You can have it for free if you want, we're going to buy a new one for this years neste oil rally Finland :D

millencolin
20th June 2007, 14:08
who needs a tent! sleep under the stars, thats the way to go!

Valve Bounce
20th June 2007, 14:19
Surely to goodness you can find the right sized tent to buy and keep - they cannot be that expensive? Somebody suggested that Monza is the place to go to with a tent - you pay 20 quid, go where the Tifosi camp, stay there the night after quals so you get to watch the race without further charge the next day. I strongly advise against sharing a tent with anyone that you don't know thoroughly - they might snore. :eek:

What I am suggesting is to buy a decent tent for going to future races with.

By the way, you can camp at Bathurst also. :)

Anyway, good luck and I hope you enjoy the race. Give a cheer to ant for me. Thanks.

LessThanSte
20th June 2007, 14:37
Ive no intention of going to future races, not for the weekend. Not at that price anyway!

Talking of which, is anyone going to the french gp this year? I have a parking south ticket (worth €30) to get rid of

Dazz9908
21st June 2007, 00:09

I don't need a tent, I have my bed in my house to sleep in. As Bathurst is my home :D

Valve Bounce
21st June 2007, 00:12
I don't need a tent, I have my bed in my house to sleep in. As Bathurst is my home :D

I hope you'll open the door when I come knocking :p :

Racehound
21st June 2007, 00:21
Surely to goodness you can find the right sized tent to buy and keep - they cannot be that expensive? Somebody suggested that Monza is the place to go to with a tent - you pay 20 quid, go where the Tifosi camp, stay there the night after quals so you get to watch the race without further charge the next day. I strongly advise against sharing a tent with anyone that you don't know thoroughly - they might snore. :eek:

What I am suggesting is to buy a decent tent for going to future races with.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you enjoy the race. Give a cheer to ant for me. Thanks.
its not the snoring that would bother me valve, but the intermittent expulsions of a certain gas that is none too pleasant on the nostrils!!!..... :eek:

Ari
22nd June 2007, 02:43

Hi!

Will you be my friend, friend. :)