PDA

View Full Version : P2 just got a little more tougher with new Porsche team

harvick#1
20th June 2007, 01:19
Racing Solaroli Motorsports is the new team, the drivers:

JJ Lehto and Johnny Herbert :bounce:

two guys that can wheel a car are finally back in ALMS, can't wait for Lime Rock with this duo

DavePI2
20th June 2007, 01:46
thanks for the information, didn't know there were more p2 teams comming, hope they are at midohio also

harvick#1
20th June 2007, 03:08
I think they will be in ALMS for the rest of the year :)

RS Spyder
20th June 2007, 15:49
There's some conflicting news on this.
I've read that the Solaroli Motorsports Spyder will not be ready in time for Lime Rock.
We'll have to watch out for further developments.

harvick#1
20th June 2007, 18:30
They are a two car team, but only one is ready now I believe

harvick#1
20th June 2007, 22:37
they are no longer on the Entry List :(

DavePI2
3rd July 2007, 01:56
I see van der stuer is back in this year finally. they are on the entry list for Lime Rock. Now if the new Porsche team comes on line by midohio and the if only the other p1 team that dropped out at Houston would come back we will have quite an entry list for the rest of the year. Still all in all the ALMS is making great strides this year. Only wish there was competition in gt1.

David

jslone
3rd July 2007, 03:32
I would like to see someone go up to LMP1.Dont care who though but somone to go up.

Mark in Oshawa
7th July 2007, 05:23
LMP1 is damn near dead, but lucky for everyone that LMP2 is the best it has ever been...I suspect at some point, we will just have ONE LMP class in the future, but of course, it always goes back to the strange boffins who write the rules for the ACO Le Mans...

Sleeper
9th July 2007, 16:23
Does anyone know who is driving the second car yet? As for when they will make their debut, the team boss has said sometime between Lime Rock and Road America, whichever he feels the team is ready for.

vikingraider
13th July 2007, 02:09
The drivers are real, seems the question still unanswered, is the whole deal real?

If you read some of the posts over on the ALMS site, it would seem to be less than what it was portrayed as. Over 2 months and still the car/s has/have yet to turn a wheel?................howcome is this?

I will believe the Team is real, the deal is real, when they appear at a race track. Until then, even if the car/s are/is real.............the whole scenario smacks of a scam for someone.