PDA

View Full Version : The Kitten Drowned For 'Art'

Ermintrude
19th June 2007, 19:08
I don't know whether any of you will be interested or not, seeingas this is a motorsport forum, but I've gotta post it somewhere...

This article was found on DeviantArt:

"On a Hungarian cinema-Festival there was a short-movie which has the title "Hypocrite" in English (Álszent) and in one scene a little cat had been choked in bath. The scene is around 2 minutes long and it shows all the pain of the kitty, until death.

The director says that it's "artistic freedom", he can do anything for art, and he didn't cared about that it'd cause trouble for many people. And he said the cat was ill, so it'd have died. So far the movie was rewarded with money, the jury said that they believed it was a movie-effect, but it was the reality."

Here's the link to the video (though I advise watching it with caution, it's not nice. And if you don't wanna watch it, then that's fine.):

http://index.hu/kultur/cinematrix/ccikkek/alszent4670/

*Shudders* ergh it made me feel sick. Here's the link to the petition:

http://www.petitiononline.com/faszzolt/petition.html

Even if you don't watch the video, can you please sign the petition?? (If the links don't work AGAIN, I will try and fix them, but I'm a bit of a dumbass, so... Yeah.)

And if you have any other websites like MySpace or whatever, can you put this is a blog, bulletin, post or something?? Just to get the word around??

I did put it in a post on MySpace myself, but all I got was a nasty reply *sniffs* from a stupid little hippie. He's going down.

Viktory
19th June 2007, 19:24
disgraceful. It is not art.

I have signed the petition

fandango
19th June 2007, 20:19
I haven't watched it, but if it was snake-drowning would the same number of people care? Or rats, would anyone stick up for them?

Ermintrude
19th June 2007, 20:21
Well, I'd certainly still care. Seeing as I wanna go into the RSPCA, I have to love all animals - and I do.

Except spiders.

Brown, Jon Brow
19th June 2007, 20:24
So thats art then? :rolleyes:

Daniel
19th June 2007, 20:46
I haven't watched it, but if it was snake-drowning would the same number of people care? Or rats, would anyone stick up for them?
Quite true really when you think about it :mark:

Tomi
19th June 2007, 20:52
art seems have changed a lot, nowdays people who makes tattoos or does make-up to others call them self artists and now cat killers too.

Ian McC
19th June 2007, 21:32
The director says that it's "artistic freedom", he can do anything for art, and he didn't cared about that it'd cause trouble for many people.

Indeed so, I for one would certainly like to express my artistic freedom with a piece entitled 'Man In Pain' which would be this twat rolling around the floor just after I kick him fair and square in the bollocks.

There, I feel better for saying that. :mad:

BobbyC
19th June 2007, 21:34
Art?

Sheesh!

Calling killing pets is "art" . . . Miss Active (my cat) says it's just as bad as killing humans for "convenience" in "abortion".

CharlieJ
19th June 2007, 21:40
Indeed so, I for one would certainly like to express my artistic freedom with a piece entitled 'Man In Pain' which would be this twat rolling around the floor just after I kick him fair and square in the bollocks.

There, I feel better for saying that. :mad:
Me too ! But I've got a better idea.....

Why not do a Damien Hirst on him - slice him down the middle (without anaesthetic) then pickle him in formaldehyde. Now THAT would be an artistic statement. :mad:

Ian McC
19th June 2007, 23:04
Art?

Sheesh!

Calling killing pets is "art" . . . Miss Active (my cat) says it's just as bad as killing humans for "convenience" in "abortion".

I don't think you want to start that discussion here.

Drew
19th June 2007, 23:12
Maybe this is my fascist side coming out, but if they market doesn't want to see it or consider it art, then nothing like this will happen again.

I didn't watch the video :\

CarlMetro
20th June 2007, 00:56

I certainly would. I don't see the need for unecessary suffing for any animal, whether it's cuddly and fluffy or down right vermin, especially in the name of art.

Art? Monet would be turning in his grave :rolleyes:

tmx
20th June 2007, 03:03
this remind me of a guy who get some rich people to volunteer let the water in their drain run for an entire year, then in the end get how much water is wasted, which is supposed to be a protest against human wasting resources, and then call it art. he also make scratches on people cars and takes photo of it, and call it art.

A.F.F.
20th June 2007, 06:19
I can beat the **** out of that cat abusing artist and call it art.

Rudy Tamasz
20th June 2007, 11:57
Isn't killing animals a crime? Shouldn't the sadist be thrown to jail?

ioan
20th June 2007, 16:38
Isn't killing animals a crime? Shouldn't the sadist be thrown to jail?

I think you might have a point there. We should check the European laws for that.

I will not watch the video as I don't want to further ruin my day, but I'll sign that petition.

Captain VXR
20th June 2007, 17:26
I called the director a 'cackmuncher' when signing the petition. It felt good

Loobylou
20th June 2007, 17:56
- Ermintrude - can do anything for art

...make scratches on people cars and takes photo of it, and call it art.

So... legitimatley speaking I could beat the crap out of any unpleasant person & call the result 'art' :?:

That's the only good thing I can see here, lets go everyone, lets have an 'artistic' lynching. :)

Jag_Warrior
20th June 2007, 21:30

Maybe. Maybe not. But why choke an animal and try to pass it off as art? This creep is clearly some kind of weirdo.

Quite often, people who do harm to animals for "pleasure" are the same ones who do harm to children. Hopefully the authorities will look into this freak's background.

Jag_Warrior
20th June 2007, 21:34
Maybe this is my fascist side coming out, but if they market doesn't want to see it or consider it art, then nothing like this will happen again.

I didn't watch the video :\

But would any true "artist" care about the market? I doubt the concepts of capitalism matter to those of that ilk.

akv89
20th June 2007, 21:47
Quite often, people who do harm to animals for "pleasure" are the same ones who do harm to children.
Jeez, how did they ever conduct that study? :p :

Drew
20th June 2007, 22:03
But would any true "artist" care about the market? I doubt the concepts of capitalism matter to those of that ilk.

Artists still have to make a living

Jag_Warrior
20th June 2007, 23:31
Jeez, how did they ever conduct that study? :p :

Psychological studies performed on criminals and deviants.

Jag_Warrior
20th June 2007, 23:41
Artists still have to make a living

I have an idea: I pay this freak $100 to step into a ring with me. A camera films the action. Every time he wants to "make a living" (after he has healed from the last time), he gives me a ring and we do it all over again. I admit, it might not be on par with Raging Bull, but I think we could both make a lot of money showing it as pay per view on the internet. First, we show this twink drowning the kitten (that's the free preview). Then the viewer gets the option to pay $5 to watch the twink get his eyes beaten shut.

$100 per episode and 5% of the (net ;) ) profits in his pocket. If anyone knows how to reach this fine fellow, please present this artistic opportunity to him. I've never been considered an artist. So here's my chance. :s mokin:

Drew
21st June 2007, 15:40
I have an idea: I pay this freak $100 to step into a ring with me. A camera films the action. Every time he wants to "make a living" (after he has healed from the last time), he gives me a ring and we do it all over again. I admit, it might not be on par with Raging Bull, but I think we could both make a lot of money showing it as pay per view on the internet. First, we show this twink drowning the kitten (that's the free preview). Then the viewer gets the option to pay $5 to watch the twink get his eyes beaten shut.

$100 per episode and 5% of the (net ;) ) profits in his pocket. If anyone knows how to reach this fine fellow, please present this artistic opportunity to him. I've never been considered an artist. So here's my chance. :s mokin:

If he considers that to be art, then perhaps you may have a deal ;)

Captain VXR
21st June 2007, 16:20
So... legitimatley speaking I could beat the crap out of any unpleasant person & call the result 'art' :?:

That's the only good thing I can see here, lets go everyone, lets have an 'artistic' lynching. :)

Anyone got a rusty Chevy truck we can ride on to his huse with spaces for barbs, flaming torches and pitchforks?

Loobylou
21st June 2007, 19:34
Anyone got a rusty Chevy truck we can ride on to his huse with spaces for barbs, flaming torches and pitchforks?

Ask Oily about the pick up & Hazell about the gardening implements, I'll supply the sarnies. ;)