PDA

View Full Version : Torro Rosso to run customer Ferrari next season? (rumor)

ioan
19th June 2007, 16:57
Spanish newspaper Marca reports that Faenza based Scuderia Toro Rosso, co-owned by Gerhard Berger and Dietrich Mateschitz and already powered by Ferrari engines, could get Gene as part of the deal for Ferrari's race-winning F2007 racer.

http://www.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/070619103657.shtml

William Hunt
19th June 2007, 20:58
I have read this rumour as well and find it unlikely that they will accept Marc Gené as a driver since they clearly want Sébastien Bourdais and partnering him with Gené would mean that both Liuzzi and Speed would have to leave, I expect them to retain at least one of them, most likely Liuzzi. Also, why would they buy an expensive Ferrari chassis when they can have a Red Bull chassis for free?

Firstgear
19th June 2007, 21:47
[quote="William Hunt"]I expect them to retain at least one of them, most likely Liuzzi. QUOTE]

Maybe DC retires, and Liuzzi gets promoted to Red Bull.

K-Pu
20th June 2007, 02:46
In that article they say the source is Marca. If Marca says it... it´s propably a lie.

Marca cannot be taken seriously, since they ONLY spread false rumors and try by all means to promote spanish drivers. If they could, the F1 grid could be like this:

Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
Pedro de la Rosa (McLaren)
Marc Gene (Ferrari)
Kimmi Raikkonen (Ferrari) Not Spanish, but now they consider him useless...
Felix Porteiro (BMW)

And the rest of the grid with all the spanish GP2 drivers, and maybe with a seat for Dani Pedrosa (Moto GP), Carlos Sainz (Rally, and retired) and Antonio Lobato (TV commentator, but who cares?)

Conclussion: NEVER trust Marca.

wmcot
20th June 2007, 07:23
A bit off topic, but I have learned one thing from this forum - no matter where you live, you can never trust the media to give an unbiased story!! It's a world-wide phenomenon! We ALL have that in common, at least! ;)

William Hunt
20th June 2007, 10:12
I expect them to retain at least one of them, most likely Liuzzi. QUOTE]

Maybe DC retires, and Liuzzi gets promoted to Red Bull.

I also thought of this but there are currently rumours that DC would be retained for one more year, if they don't then Prodrive might still offer DC a seat although Paffett and Montagny seem to be close to signing there.