PDA

View Full Version : What has been banned

Mark
19th June 2007, 15:11
British censors have banned a violent video game from the UK for the first time in a decade.

The video game Manhunt 2 was banned for its "unrelenting focus on stalking and brutal slaying", the British Board of Film Classification said.

It means the Manhunt sequel cannot be legally supplied anywhere in the UK.

:mark:

Daniel
19th June 2007, 15:16
I've never understood the point of stupidly gratuitously violent games anyway.

CharlieJ
19th June 2007, 15:22
Perhaps fans of this game can find solace in the similarly titled Seahunt. While it may not satisfy their craving for pointless and excessive violence, I am sure that after watching a few episodes they will be at least as brain dead as they would be from playing the game.

(Sorry Oily :s mokin: )

oily oaf
19th June 2007, 17:22
Perhaps fans of this game can find solace in the similarly titled Seahunt. While it may not satisfy their craving for pointless and excessive violence, I am sure that after watching a few episodes they will be at least as brain dead as they would be from playing the game.

(Sorry Oily :s mokin: )

Funnily enough Chas I was watching an episode on Five US last night in the drinker and when it got to a bit where Lloyd Bridges had to shoot a giant squid in the eye to make it get off his bird I'm afraid I became terribly enflamed and had to leave the premises with a copy of "The Skindiver" covering my shame.
It seemed like the most natural thing in the world.

Drew
19th June 2007, 22:59
I'm sure you can find it on ebay if you want it.

On the BBC website it says it was the first game in 10 years to be banned, what was the last game that was banned, then?

CarlMetro
20th June 2007, 01:12
what was the last game that was banned, then?

Carmageddon, but the ban was overturned on appeal, something which may happen in this case too.

I'm a fan of first person shooters but don't see the need for games where the violence is at such a level as this one.