PDA

View Full Version : I love Spain

A.F.F.
19th June 2007, 13:00
And so did the kids. :)

I just got back from Spain where I spent last eight days. Why I'm telling it here is because it was a trip from my work. The children (five of the alltogether) worked for two years by cleaning Helsinki Olympic Stadium and selling bakery at winters. Finally last week they gor their price. There were five children ffrom our work and five adults to guide them. We basicly were in Mijas Costa, in Costa del Sol area but we visited many places.

I'm so proud of those kids how brave they were conserning that all of them had never been abroad. Also, how hardworking they were to get the money for the trip.

Plus the weather was so fine that it didn't feel like work for us adults at all. I'm still out of this world :)

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Mark
19th June 2007, 13:08
Yes, Spain is very nice. Especially the weather!

(Right now here, it's chilly and overcast, at the end of June. Why can't the weather be like Mallorca? :p )

DonJippo
19th June 2007, 13:21
The children (five of the alltogether) worked for two years by cleaning Helsinki Olympic Stadium and selling bakery at winters. Finally last week they gor their price. There were five children ffrom our work and five adults to guide them.

So the kids did all the work to pay theirs and yours trip to Spain... :confused:

Eki
19th June 2007, 13:25
Yes, Spain is very nice. Especially the weather!

Not on the plain.

CharlieJ
19th June 2007, 14:08
Right now here, it's chilly and overcast, at the end of June. Why can't the weather be like Mallorca? :p
Global warming ;) Just give it 20 years :p

A.F.F.
19th June 2007, 15:51
So the kids did all the work to pay theirs and yours trip to Spain... :confused:

No, the Lions payed the adults.

Eki
19th June 2007, 16:28
No, the Lions payed the adults.
I don't think using animal slave labour is more acceptable than using child slave labour.

Donney
19th June 2007, 16:53
It's good to know you enjoyed your time here.

Thanks for the thread.

Dave B
19th June 2007, 17:18
My only experience of Spain was from a youthful-ish lads' holiday.

It was cheap enough (too cheap, some would say), the weather was lovely and the locals friendly. It certainly ticked all the boxes for me at the time. :up:

Drew
19th June 2007, 22:56
Inglaterra con el sol :\

I hate the bits that are just full of British people and where you can buy fish and chips in pounds. Otherwise it's a nice country (I'm going to be living there for 5 months or so, so it bloody well better be!) and I want to hop on the ferry and visit :)

tannat
19th June 2007, 23:30
If I had to drink wine from a single country for the rest of my life, they would be Spanish.

Incredible wines at affordable prices, white and red alike :up:

oily oaf
20th June 2007, 07:39
Spain = A beautiful country with warm and welcoming people.
So it's a pity about the Union Jack shorted, drunken, vomiting, urinating, publicly copulating, beer bellied plankton that inflict themselves on the once beautiful Costa villages with depressing annual regularity and make me feel ashamed to count them amongst my fellow countrymen.
And the blokes aren't much better either.

Storm
20th June 2007, 07:47
Yes, Spain is very nice.
I hope to find it out someday in the future...

Why can't the weather be like Mallorca? :p )

Mallorca :angryfire

Mark
20th June 2007, 08:00
I Mallorca :angryfire

You don't like Mallorca? :p

Drew
20th June 2007, 15:20
I went to Menorca and nobody would speak Spanish to me there, just English :\