PDA

View Full Version : le mans 2007 who went

GRAVETT
19th June 2007, 13:09
well what a week, arrived tuesday and didnt stop till 4 hours after the race !! never been to an event where there were so many people and so much money being spent. we were located next to the gran marnier crepe stand selling mcqueen stuff, if any of you bought from us or came to speak to us then thankyou and we hope to see you again soon.
i think i had about 10 hours sleep from tuesday to sunday!! shut stand at about 3 am each morning and we were back open at 7 am. got hammered on saturday after we shut the stand and ended up watchin the race and drinking till we re opened at 8 am ( not a good move im still suffering)
did anyone else find the bp stand thee most annoying stand there with that idiot mc ......'woo woo the ULTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMATE GGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRLLLLLSSSSSSSS SSSSS' every damn 5 minutes and they only seemed to play 5 songs on a loop. it can make a guy go insane hearing that for a week.
a fantastic week , we rebooked for 2008 after only 6 hours on the first day it was that good !!!

IMSAFAN1
19th June 2007, 16:58
I arrived on the Monday. Grabbed a room in Le Mans. Saw some old friends from my IMSA working days. Had a few pops with them and discussed the fact that Pugueot made a hudge mistake by not go to Sebring. If you ever get a chance to go.....it's worth it. Wednesday all the cars and teams arrive in the town. only chance to get up close to the cars. I've been coming here every year since 1988. Nothing has changed much except I think that they ruined the track. I remember seeing the Silk Cut Jags going down Mulsanne without the chicanes. As for practise qualify days...the best place to watch is at Arnage. a bit of a hike but worth it. Grabbed my hard card pass from the ACO and wandered through the garage. Easy to tell who has a big budget and who doesn't. the cars look so clean....they sure don't finish like that. sat in the grandstand for the start but ended up with some brits at Arnage. This was a good time to break out the Tequila. Had my laptop with me so i sent some stuff in the forum here. HMMmm typing and tequila...gone through 2 bottles of the stuff. headed back to the garage area and went into the media tower. Grabbed all the teams press kits. scarffed down free dinner. this place is awesome....folks do yourself a favour and get your butts to this race. Great package deals. After the race was over went to stand to get sprayed by champayne.said my good byes to my friends in the garage and slept in my room and then headed back to canada. This is best race in the world. there is no race like Le Mans