PDA

View Full Version : New/Current Manufacturers

tin-top fan
5th December 2006, 13:43
So which manufacturer would you like to see represented in the BTCC? I don't just meen pure manufacturer entries either ( as I know that not all these could be represented by factories), as last year I would class Lexus and bmw as manufacturers even though they had no factory backing.

lilmelvschilton
5th December 2006, 16:42
i wanna see the hondas again coz they are ace

BTCC2
5th December 2006, 17:46
Mercedes, they seem to do well at everything they enter.

PDS
5th December 2006, 17:50
Why have you added BMW, Alfa Romeo, Honda and Seat? All these will be represented in 2007!

Or are you expecting something to happen? Because you have missed off Vauxhall!

Captain VXR
5th December 2006, 17:51
Vauxhall are confirmed though

BTCC2
5th December 2006, 17:52
Why have you added BMW, Alfa Romeo and Seat?

Are you expecting something to happen? Because you have missed off Vauxhall!

I'd guess it's because Vauxhall is the only confirmed manufacturer so far.

tin-top fan
5th December 2006, 17:53
I completely forgot about Vaxhall...pretty stupid considering they are they have been in the BTCC the longest out of all the current manufacturers. in this thread I just wondered which car manufacturers people would/do enjoy seeing in the BTCC, either in the hands of independants or as factory-backed entries. I just forgot to put vauxhall down, but they could come under others i suppose.

Also, seems like quite a large following for Audi. I suppose if they bought some cars over from Sweden then they could generate a fairly big fanbase

PDS
5th December 2006, 17:57
I don't just meen pure manufacturer entries either ( as I know that not all these could be represented by factories), as last year I would class Lexus and bmw as manufacturers even though they had no factory backing.

The John George Honda Integra, Martyn Bell in a BMW 320, Motorbase with their Seats and BTC Racing with a Lexus!
????? with Alfa's!

tin-top fan
5th December 2006, 17:59
The John George Honda Integra, Martyn Bell in a BMW 320, Motorbase with their Seats and BTC Racing with a Lexus!
????? with Alfa's!

I was just saying a few examples, rather than every one that we know of. This thread is seperate from rumours/facts, more just the manufacturer that people would want in their ideal championship

PDS
5th December 2006, 18:26
Personally, I voted for Audi.

parabolic
5th December 2006, 20:40
????? with Alfa's!

whos ???? then? any idea? I have seen a thread that sugests that Kartworld have got hold of the N Technology cars - is this true?

Powered by Cosworth
5th December 2006, 20:57
Can't vote twice :(

But I would love to see some Audi saloons going round, and Volvo Estates!

AndySpeed
5th December 2006, 22:28
I voted Renault as I really enjoyed watching them race in the late nineties. While not the most glamorous racing team they became my favourite back then and have since 'stuck' in a way.

PDS
5th December 2006, 23:23
whos ???? then? any idea?

Yes I have an idea! Waiting for confirmation though.

I have seen a thread that sugests that Kartworld have got hold of the N Technology cars - is this true?

It has been suggested that he has Alfa's. Again it has not been confirmed.

I think i can confidently say, Alfa Romeo's will be on the grid in 2007!

taffy
6th December 2006, 12:11
I also voted for Audi,, but after Ford`s recent success in WRC I would also like them yo re-enter the BTCC.

Rollo
6th December 2006, 23:34
I think that given the fact that there's coverage on ITV and that the budget required to run a front line BTCC team is obviously within the reach of a well organised independant team, then a lack of manufacturers indicates a total lack of ticker on the part of manufacturers.

If I was living in the UK and in the market for a new car I'd most likely buy either a SEAT or a Vauxhall simply based on the fact that they both have a spine and bother to field teams. Vauxhall's commitment to the sport for 15 plus years now is to be commended and should say something to the other marques.

To every manufacturer other than SEAT and Vauxhall:
YOU'RE ALL GUTLESS!!

I hope that the representatives of the various companies read this, as they obviously enjoy showing consistent cowardice.

AndySpeed
7th December 2006, 11:21
Exactly Rollo. The fact that topics on internet discussion forums have arisen to debate who people would most like to see enter the championship obviously shows that there is a great deal of support for manufacturer companies and more often than not a high degree of brand loyalty. All you've got to do is look at the vast car parks of Seat's and Vauxhall's (maybe even MG's) at BTCC events to see how much some fans follow the sport.

And with the live TV coverage thing, there really is no 'excuse'.

Brown, Jon Brow
8th December 2006, 10:38
I think that given the fact that there's coverage on ITV and that the budget required to run a front line BTCC team is obviously within the reach of a well organised independant team, then a lack of manufacturers indicates a total lack of ticker on the part of manufacturers.

If I was living in the UK and in the market for a new car I'd most likely buy either a SEAT or a Vauxhall simply based on the fact that they both have a spine and bother to field teams. Vauxhall's commitment to the sport for 15 plus years now is to be commended and should say something to the other marques.

To every manufacturer other than SEAT and Vauxhall:
YOU'RE ALL GUTLESS!!

I hope that the representatives of the various companies read this, as they obviously enjoy showing consistent cowardice.

:up:

thompson_fan
8th December 2006, 14:50
Off that list i'd like to see BMW, Lexus, Honda, MG, Alfa, and Peugeot come in as works squads.

For manufacturers not on the list. I think that Mitsubishi could do well if they were to enter either the Lancer ES or Colt.

acorn
9th December 2006, 12:16
having been a long time volvo fan (loved the racing estates) i'd like to see them make a return to either btcc or wtcc. the new c30 is a good looking car and fits right in with the other hot hatches.

Subaru WRX
10th December 2006, 19:45
for sure a semi-offecial Alfa Romeo, this year the 156 with Murrey done vey well in the second half of the season :)

concerning Murrey is supported by the British Alfa dealers ?

tyreman2
10th December 2006, 23:48
No he isn't
A semi works Alfax2 is a real possibility for 2007

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 10:16
No he isn't
A semi works Alfax2 is a real possibility for 2007

Would that be Quest, Kartworld, Infront or someone else??
What model would it be?
Thanks in advance

veeten
11th December 2006, 18:41
Mazda! :D

http://www.speedarena.com/gallery/gallery3.php?mode=view&album=Touring%20Cars/Speed%20WC/2006/10%20Laguna%20Seca/&pic=043.jpg&start=&dispsize=800

veeten
11th December 2006, 18:43
Looks better in blue... :)

http://www.speedarena.com/gallery/gallery3.php?mode=view&album=Touring%20Cars/Speed%20WC/2006/10%20Laguna%20Seca/&pic=066.jpg&start=&dispsize=800

Alfa Fan
11th December 2006, 21:55
Would that be Quest, Kartworld, Infront or someone else??
What model would it be?
Thanks in advance

Quest. Its on their website if you look :)

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 22:29
I couldn't find it there but I could find the two Alfa Romeo bit.
Will the cars be 2006 ones, one 2005 and one 2006 or one 2005 and Mark Smith's one/ Mattias Eckstrom's (I hope I got the name right) one

Alfa Fan
11th December 2006, 22:44
Mattias Ekstrom? The DTM driver?? I presume you mean Mattias Anderson, who drives an Alfa Romeo 156 in the STCC?

Captain VXR
11th December 2006, 22:50
Yes I do mean Mattias Anderson. :up: to Alfa Fan

tyreman2
11th December 2006, 22:51
The rumour i heard is the cars will be supplied by autodelta to Alfa UK it is up to them to find someone to run them, and find the funding.They will be 147's

tin-top fan
11th December 2006, 22:54
Is it possible that Alfa Uk could give to the cars to someone to run( with that team finding the funding as well), but also pay the fee required to be a manufacturer entry?

Captain VXR
12th December 2006, 18:04
I should think so, if the team was willing. It would be like N.Technology in the WTCC

Brown, Jon Brow
9th February 2007, 20:56
This is what I thought a Renault entry could have looked like a few years ago.

It's a Laguna if you can't tell! No wonder I on'y got a 'C' at GCSE art.

Brown, Jon Brow
9th February 2007, 21:00
And here is my own manufacturer. :D

JMC Jon's Motor Car's

Captain VXR
9th February 2007, 21:00
Cool, much better than I could ever do :up:

PDS
9th February 2007, 22:32
Quest. Its on their website if you look :)

I know a another team that would contest that!

VkmSpouge
9th February 2007, 23:03
I wish we all knew what team that was. Guess we must wait until official announcements.

PDS
9th February 2007, 23:07
I wish we all knew what team that was. Guess we must wait until official announcements.

Given time, you will be told.

VkmSpouge
9th February 2007, 23:17
Well assuming whatever it is happens, I guess I'll read it on Crash.net or in Motorsport News.

captin 1 VXR
10th February 2007, 10:59
question .

what happend to
kia
mazda
huyundi (spellt wrong i know )
all said thay have been looking at btcc ..
take it it was just talk .

SEATFreak
10th February 2007, 12:29
The question "Which manufacturer would you most enjoy seeing in the BTCC?" I think is a hard one from the point of view of being realistic speaking about just manufacturers entering under their own effort.

SEAT and Vauxhall because we are already seeing them in the BTCC, MG becuase they are not I think in a position to enter another factory effort, BMW because I think they would not at this time consider a move to the BTCC when you consider how many good teams they are running in the WTCC and Chevy because I don't think they would like to compete with another GM-owned marque.

The one real manufacturer I would love to see has to be Merc. Who I am about to vote for. :up:

Brown, Jon Brow
10th February 2007, 13:18
I just want Renault to return with a Laguna in F1 colours, I think that this drawing was done with BTC-spec rules in mind (hence the huge rear-wing). And I think that the Laguna has had a face-lift now.

http://usera.imagecave.com/jon-brown/screenshot/REnaultbtcc.jpg

My god it looks awful!!!!!

PDS
10th February 2007, 14:06
question .

what happend to
kia
mazda
huyundi (spellt wrong i know )
all said thay have been looking at btcc ..
take it it was just talk .
No, it was not talk!

They have looked.. Now we need to wait for their decision!

Scuderia ferrari
10th February 2007, 16:48
BMW- me and my dad will be cheering on all the BM teams as my dad owns one. Yeah....we are not biased!

cookingfat
10th February 2007, 16:58
BMW- me and my dad will be cheering on all the BM teams as my dad owns one. Yeah....we are not biased!
With a name like Scuderia ferrari, I would have thought you would be cheering the Alfa's?

Captain VXR
11th February 2007, 13:13
You could say BMW are the Ferrari of touring car racing

VkmSpouge
11th February 2007, 14:34
Except that Ferrari have lost for the past two years and BMW have won. In that case I think Vauxhall are more like the Ferrari of touring cars, having been dominant but then passed in the last two seasons.

Captain VXR
11th February 2007, 15:01
OK, the Renault of touring cars

Iain
11th February 2007, 15:04
But Renault have been (1977-84), gone (1984-89), been (1989-1997), gone (1997-2002) and are now back again (2002-present). BMW have been there constantly since the late 1960s, early 1970s.

SEATFreak
12th February 2007, 16:37
I seem to recall us talking about manufacturers (supported or not) we would most enjoy seeing.

Can we please get back on topic? The words "rule", "one", "another" and "others" are in my mind.

Now bac to the topic. The thread starter said pretty much irrespective of whether the factory is supported or not. Which factory does anyone think have done the best both supported and non-supported?

Rusty
12th February 2007, 17:33
I seem to recall us talking about manufacturers (supported or not) we would most enjoy seeing.

Can we please get back on topic? The words "rule", "one", "another" and "others" are in my mind.

Now bac to the topic. The thread starter said pretty much irrespective of whether the factory is supported or not. Which factory does anyone think have done the best both supported and non-supported?

Pot, Kettle and Black are 3 words that spring to mind there mate.....

Jimmy Magnusson
13th February 2007, 07:58
Having Volvo back would be great. But I have to say that if I would have to pick the car with the best chances of winning, Audi gets my vote. Those cars are very good!

Captain VXR
13th February 2007, 17:02
Welcome to the forums Jimmy :up: