PDA

View Full Version : What do you eat for lunch?

veeten
18th June 2007, 18:10
... or whatever you call it over there.

Let's face it, it costs a small fortune these days to buy lunch, no matter where you look. :\

How many have decided just to bring it from home? A sandwich, crisps (or chips, here), a drink & a sweet treat makes a pretty good meal, and quite economical. :)

How do you handle lunch, bag or buy? :)

Drew
18th June 2007, 18:36
I don't eat lunch, that's how I deal with it :p :

Firstgear
18th June 2007, 18:36
Mostly bag lunches. Nuke yesterdays leftovers or a sandwich. Biting into a creamcheese with homemade rhubarb chutney sandwich right now.

schmenke
18th June 2007, 18:42
Usually bag.
If leftovers aren't available it's a sandwich and some fruit. The missus invariably also sneaks in a few carrot sticks that I may or may not eat :p :

janneppi
19th June 2007, 07:03
Depending on where I'm working, lunch costs from 2Eur at the uni to 6-7Eur at restaurants.
If I'm at university, I don't bring my own food, other times it's maybe 30% of times I bring my own.

Daniel
19th June 2007, 07:49
When I first saw the thread title I though it was about being intimate with an ugly member of the opposite sex :erm:

Mark
19th June 2007, 07:50
Yes, that's what it means in the UK! Bagging or double bagging :p

Daniel
19th June 2007, 08:12
Never had someone whose needed a brown bag but sure have had a couple who could have used plastic bags :p

P.S I usually buy my own lunch :p

Storm
19th June 2007, 08:16
Sometimes get it from home, often end up eating crappy stuff in the cafeteria though :mad:

Mark
19th June 2007, 08:47
Lunch is a problem, try getting anything healthy around here. Actually you can but you end up paying £5, which I can't afford every day! Unfortunately it usually ends up as a pastie from Greggs, which is probably the cheapest option at 57p, but also the worst for my health :mark:

Donney
19th June 2007, 10:02
I have lunch at home :)

jim mcglinchey
19th June 2007, 10:05
Ive knocked all that bakery crap on the head and started going to the local Simply Food..nice little veggie pasta salad for 98p.

Storm
19th June 2007, 10:28
I have lunch at home :)

Trabajas en tu casa eh? Que suerte! :\

Brown, Jon Brow
19th June 2007, 10:52
I usually take some sandwiches and stuff from home and then also buy some chips or go to McDonalds/Subway as well. Yet I don't gain any weight :D

It would be interesting to find out what different names people have for a packed lunch. In Lancashire people call it baggin and in Cumbria people call it 'bait'. :\

imull
19th June 2007, 11:02
Usually nip down to the bakery and get a fresh pot of soup with free granary roll and Bloomer loaf of bread. Soup and bread with a peanut butter or sandwich or two later in teh afternoon.

Although at the moment I am biting intoa nice greasy sausage roll or two :D

We just call it lunch Jon ;) Girlfriend in York calls it a packup

Donney
19th June 2007, 11:12
Trabajas en tu casa eh? Que suerte! :\

No, I don't but here we have a 1h30 break for lunch, and it takes me 10 min to walk from home to the office.

In any case I only work from 9 to 13 in the office and from 16 to 21 in my bussiness, so I have time enough for lunch. :D

Storm
19th June 2007, 11:43
enough time for lunch and siesta :p :

Donney
19th June 2007, 11:58
Ain't it great? :D

veeten
19th June 2007, 14:20
Yes, that's what it means in the UK! Bagging or double bagging :p

I was wondering why thw title of my thread was changed. Sorry 'bout that. :o

donKey jote
19th June 2007, 22:37
Usually bag.
If leftovers aren't available it's a sandwich and some fruit. The missus invariably also sneaks in a few carrot sticks that I may or may not eat :p :

:facelick:

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_3_166.gif

CarlMetro
20th June 2007, 01:05
For me it depends quite a bit.

If I'm going to find it difficult to stop some days I pack a sandwich and a piece of fruit, usually a banana, whilst other times I just buy a sub or a wrap from a bakers.

If I'm playing golf in the afternoon then I try to either stop at Tesco and have a decent meal or take a client to a pub/resturant and have lunch on my company :)

veeten
20th June 2007, 11:53
For me it depends quite a bit.

If I'm going to find it difficult to stop some days I pack a sandwich and a piece of fruit, usually a banana, whilst other times I just buy a sub or a wrap from a bakers.

If I'm playing golf in the afternoon then I try to either stop at Tesco and have a decent meal or take a client to a pub/resturant and have lunch on my company :)

... and take the deduction off your taxes as a business expense. ;) :D

Captain VXR
20th June 2007, 17:28
Packed lunch normally :)