PDA

View Full Version : west tec turning up sunday in a .....

car20
18th June 2007, 17:38
:p : Formula ford 5 of em, at least they will know the directions to the place :)

heres hoping that they ..... :p :

JDPower
19th June 2007, 02:40
Well the last FFord race I saw at Rockingham with a West Tec car involved it was a dull as s**t procession with the West tec car disappearing into the distance completely unchallenged. Hope this weekends FFord races will be a little more interesting.

Not that I'm really bothered, the Legends are racing so I'm happy regardless :D

Dave17
19th June 2007, 17:55

11 legends entered according to finals...they will look lost!

turn 4 mad
19th June 2007, 20:31
Well the last FFord race I saw at Rockingham with a West Tec car involved it was a dull as s**t procession with the West tec car disappearing into the distance completely unchallenged. Hope this weekends FFord races will be a little more interesting.

does it really matter if west tec did run away with the race, at the end of the day if it brings more racing to rockingham then so be it.

racing59
19th June 2007, 21:31
11 legends entered according to finals...they will look lost!

Where are the rest of them? there used to be zillions, and they had to run qualifying races/heats.

JDPower
20th June 2007, 03:11
does it really matter if west tec did run away with the race, at the end of the day if it brings more racing to rockingham then so be it.
No it doesn't matter if West Tec, or anyone, run away with the race. But if the race is a boring procession (not that I'm saying it will be) then that turns off spectators and that is a bad thing.

I wasn't having a dig at West Tec, merely stating the last FFord race I saw at Rockingham with a West Tec car was bl**dy boring, not just because of the West Tec domination. I seem to remember counting just two overtaking moves throughout the entire race.
But as I said, the Legends are racing so I'm happy regardless (even if there is only 11)

shortcircuit
20th June 2007, 14:45
But as I said, the Legends are racing so I'm happy regardless (even if there is only 11)

Just had a message from the BRSCC that there are now 19 Legends entered for this weekend.

JDPower
20th June 2007, 17:37
Just had a message from the BRSCC that there are now 19 Legends entered for this weekend.
Thats more like it, I thought 11 was a bit unlikely :up:

racing59
20th June 2007, 20:34

That's more like it, however, I'm sure there will be more by Saturday.....

Darned exciting things them Legends. Oh how I wish they'd let 'em run on the Oval!!

Rob.

acorn
21st June 2007, 12:23
and they had to run qualifying races/heats.

they did? they (to the best of my knowledge) have never run "qualifying". the position for the heats(2 or 3 depending on number of cars) was/is based on a draw for position for your first race which was reversed for you second race. your third race(final) start position was based on your accumulated points with the highest points scorers starting from the back.

even using the longer rockingham configuration (incorporating the high speed run from t3 through t4 to the t1 chicane) was proving too much for a lot of the engines so when the use of the superbike link was introduced it was seen as a positive. regarding seeing them on the rockingham oval ,as tough as they are, i wouldn't want to hit the rock's wall at top speed and i can't see the engines lasting long at sustained high revs without serious attention to the gearing and cooling.