PDA

View Full Version : why did I get an infraction (3 points)

fruit
18th June 2007, 16:14
I posted a message offering a place in our car during the El chott rally later this year. The moderators said I was spamming and binned my posts.

Am I in the wrong place Is this forum for motorsport watchers only or is this a place where people take part too.

If it is for the armchair and tracksiders only then I will happily leave, but I understood it was a place for real motorsport enthusiasts.

Help I am confused.

Fruit

Flat.tyres
18th June 2007, 16:16
possibly for posting in the wrong section. hanging offence that is :D

Mark
18th June 2007, 16:20
Advertsing, of any sort, is not permitted. Even more so if you post it in multiple forums at once.

fruit
18th June 2007, 16:21
What like posting the offer in the african rallying section when the rally is in ........durr Africa!!!

fruit
18th June 2007, 16:23
When is looking for someone to join in a rally advertising? Yes I said they will have to bunt up thier share of the costs but ain't that common sense. If I hadn't I would have had every freeloading muppet on the site mailing me.

Fruit

No worries have had sensible replies from the land rover forums and yahoo rally groups.

Valve Bounce
5th July 2007, 07:39
Seeing that you are not a regular by the limited number of posts, it might seem that you only came here to look for a paying traveller companion(s)rather than as a motorsport enthusiast.

fruit
17th July 2007, 11:37
Seeing that you are not a regular by the limited number of posts, it might seem that you only came here to look for a paying traveller companion(s)rather than as a motorsport enthusiast.

It might be a lot of things, but don't you think it sensible to find out what it is before slapping on infractions and deleting the post.

You might be a moron, but I am not jumping to that conclusion, it would be rude!

See, you are upset and I have said I do not think that. Hasty words (or actions) have no place on a forum of enthusiasts.

All the best

Fruit

tinchote
18th July 2007, 18:18
It might be a lot of things, but don't you think it sensible to find out what it is before slapping on infractions and deleting the post.

You might be a moron, but I am not jumping to that conclusion, it would be rude!

See, you are upset and I have said I do not think that. Hasty words (or actions) have no place on a forum of enthusiasts.

All the best

Fruit

Thing is, we do get regular spamming here, so I guess the policy is to be on the safe side.

Valve Bounce
19th July 2007, 06:20

All the best

Fruit

Let me ask you this: did you come herre to join a discussion group and talk about motorsport in general as an enthusiast? or just to find someone to share your excursion costs?