PDA

View Full Version : thoughts on race

DavePI2
18th June 2007, 14:02
Yesterday was my 2nd gp and I had a much better time then last year. Of course last year 1/3 of the cars being taken out on the first turn didn't help. The seats this year instead of the paddock were at the top of grandstand j so I was able to see quite a bit of the race. First turn at Indy almost as exciting as first turn at Cleveland. For those who say there is no racing in F1 they should have been in my seat , pleanty of action going on there. It was a real treat to watch Hamilton, Alonzo and everyone else also. Of course the cars are second to none. Only downpoint is that Indy needs more security for the Gp. We had people from the lower rows who wanted to stand in the ailes at the top to take pictures blocking the view of those who bought those seats. Did anyone else have this problem? We were able to handle without too much problem but it is something I haven't encountered at any other race. Still all in all a great experience. I hope the race is back next year.

David

Ranger
18th June 2007, 14:50
I thought that was a pretty damn good race - much better than any race other than Canada and perhaps Bahrain this year. There was actually racing all across the grid, not just in pockets from time to time. Shame everyone messed up your view buddy, but at least you got a stand... In Albert Park you can't see much at all from the Turn 2 GA area which I was at.

Dazz9908
18th June 2007, 15:00
Yes good race, Thaks to the Mclarens and the Renaults (especially Fisi, dam great overtaking procedures around the out side,Great stuff), And No thanks to Ralf the Kamikaze Barnstormer taking Himself and Two others out on the first corner, Thanks a mill Dude!

ioan
18th June 2007, 16:13
Didn't see it. The French were showing the 2nd round of their elections (it's like watching paint dry) although not many were interested about it if you look at the statistics! :rolleyes:

Brown, Jon Brow
18th June 2007, 16:27
It was a very watchable race, with lots of good racing. It would have been better if the two front men were driving for different teams, then we might have had some more passes for the lead.

Big Ben
18th June 2007, 17:11
excellent race... Haven't seen one this interesting in a long time... It is said to see though how important quals are.... I was hoping to see FA or KR pass their team mates but it's impossible even with a lighter car.. or the with the softer tyres ... with a long straight and a slow first turn....

rabf1
18th June 2007, 18:49
I thought it was fairly boring. The top four finished the way they qualified and drove around in that order the whole race.

Viktory
18th June 2007, 19:38
great race. Kept me hooked and entertained throughout the whole race!

jens
19th June 2007, 19:43
IMO the Indianapolis has been the second best F1 race after Montreal this year.

Kevincal
19th June 2007, 23:45
Would have been much more exciting if Lewis didn't block Alonso...Then we could have seen what Lewis was really made of...Being behind Alonso on a track where you can actually pass (Unlike Monaco).

Valve Bounce
20th June 2007, 01:32
Would have been much more exciting if Lewis didn't block Alonso...Then we could have seen what Lewis was really made of...Being behind Alonso on a track where you can actually pass (Unlike Monaco).

Give it up man!! time to call it a day and go home.

K-Pu
20th June 2007, 02:01
Really good race with tons of overtaking and great moves by Fisichella and Wurz.

The worst thing that happenend was Rosberg leaving the race :( . Williams seem to be rising from their ashes, and the 3 points Rosberg could have collected were true healing salve for them.

Valve Bounce
20th June 2007, 02:23
Really good race with tons of overtaking and great moves by Fisichella and Wurz.

The worst thing that happenend was Rosberg leaving the race :( . Williams seem to be rising from their ashes, and the 3 points Rosberg could have collected were true healing salve for them.

Agreed!! it was gut wrenching to see Rosberg pulling out that close to the finish.

leopard
20th June 2007, 08:48
My question, Can we draw conclusion about map of the power between Ferrari and McLaren the rest of season, from the result of Indi ?

ArrowsFA1
20th June 2007, 08:55
My question, Can we draw conclusion about map of the power between Ferrari and McLaren the rest of season, from the result of Indi ?
I think we need to look at the performance trend, particularly in the last three races, and McLaren clearly have the upper hand.

Things may change as we come back to Europe, but Ferrari have a lot of catching up to do, and they're not the team they once were.

Valve Bounce
20th June 2007, 10:19
We must remember that at hte start of the season, it was Ferrari that had the upper hand and Mclaren said it would be difficult to bridge the gap. There's a whole lot of cow manure flying around in them there clouds.

leopard
20th June 2007, 12:36
I think we need to look at the performance trend, particularly in the last three races, and McLaren clearly have the upper hand.

Things may change as we come back to Europe, but Ferrari have a lot of catching up to do, and they're not the team they once were.

yeah, let's wait again.

I thought Indi would be re-starting point for Ferrari to break the climbing trendline of McLaren.