PDA

View Full Version : What do you drive?

raikk
18th June 2007, 05:03
I drive a CRG RoadRebel with a 125cc Rotax Max package (I'm sorta new lol)

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f220/raikk/MYCRGRotax.jpg

speedy king
6th July 2007, 22:47
Had a Gillard and a Trulli Rotax Max, now sold up though :(

Prodgers
9th July 2007, 05:26
i drive an Arrow - being Australian and all :)

raikk
10th July 2007, 06:38

what kind of engine?

CCFanatic
10th July 2007, 23:28

I had an Arrow. Had a Yamaha engine in it. Now I have one of the karts that they ran in the Red Bull Driver Search and the same kart as raikk. How old is you kart? My Road Rebel is two years old.

raikk
16th July 2007, 06:08
I had an Arrow. Had a Yamaha engine in it. Now I have one of the karts that they ran in the Red Bull Driver Search and the same kart as raikk. How old is you kart? My Road Rebel is two years old.

my Road Rebel is from 2005 I belive.. the engine is 04 I belive... I just bought it this year used so I'm not entirely sure because the original owner is from Ontario and I bought it from Genesis Racing (Vancouver) who are CRG and Rok/Maxter dealers..

CCFanatic
16th July 2007, 21:03
my Road Rebel is from 2005 I belive.. the engine is 04 I belive... I just bought it this year used so I'm not entirely sure because the original owner is from Ontario and I bought it from Genesis Racing (Vancouver) who are CRG and Rok/Maxter dealers..

If it was used by Genesis, you have a great kart. They are a great group of guys.

raikk
19th July 2007, 05:20
If it was used by Genesis, you have a great kart. They are a great group of guys.

It wasn't used by Genesis racing but rather a guy who raced for Goodwood in Toronto who basicly gave it to Genesis to sell for him... Genesis racing are a great bunch of guys.. I know most of the guys like Steve,Kevin,Paul Brayden and Luke very well.. they go to most of the club races held at CartBC so ususally I go and watch and chill with them in the pits.. I'm actually going again this week where they are going to help me out with a laser alignment as well as other stuff... It really gave me a confidence boost when Blake Choquer told me that I had a competative kart and that I had made the right choice... How do you know the Genesis guys?

CCFanatic
19th July 2007, 20:12
It wasn't used by Genesis racing but rather a guy who raced for Goodwood in Toronto who basicly gave it to Genesis to sell for him... Genesis racing are a great bunch of guys.. I know most of the guys like Steve,Kevin,Paul Brayden and Luke very well.. they go to most of the club races held at CartBC so ususally I go and watch and chill with them in the pits.. I'm actually going again this week where they are going to help me out with a laser alignment as well as other stuff... It really gave me a confidence boost when Blake Choquer told me that I had a competative kart and that I had made the right choice... How do you know the Genesis guys?

Bought a kart from them last year. And we ended up having our flight being delayed so we wen back to the shop and spent about 4 hours there getting info on the CRG kart we bought. Ended up winning five races with it, using info they helped me and my brother get for it.

raikk
23rd July 2007, 08:51
Bought a kart from them last year. And we ended up having our flight being delayed so we wen back to the shop and spent about 4 hours there getting info on the CRG kart we bought. Ended up winning five races with it, using info they helped me and my brother get for it.

what engine did you get with the chassis package? Their main engines are Rok and Maxter... just today they gave me a front end alignment, and changed my tires form the Mojo's to Vega blues.. they charged me a bit less then what everything added up to which was good.. Kevin even hammered the steering for me so that it could be straight so I didn't have to buy a new one..

CCFanatic
23rd July 2007, 22:04
what engine did you get with the chassis package? Their main engines are Rok and Maxter... just today they gave me a front end alignment, and changed my tires form the Mojo's to Vega blues.. they charged me a bit less then what everything added up to which was good.. Kevin even hammered the steering for me so that it could be straight so I didn't have to buy a new one..

I had a school teacher who tuned water craft engines and kart engines and he built me Rotax engines. He is a factory engine man for Sea-Doo and some of my engines ended up having some water craft parts. They had lighter cranks, so in came a crank from a jet ski.

you wrecked you kart then. Hmmm. Not fun is it? Oh, the crash was probably fun, unless you were thrown from the kart, but when you see the cost to repair then it is no fun. I heard a guy at SKUSA Nat's sho said you can leave a blue footprint when you do a burnout(only for shifters) on the Vega's.

raikk
24th July 2007, 07:51
I had a school teacher who tuned water craft engines and kart engines and he built me Rotax engines. He is a factory engine man for Sea-Doo and some of my engines ended up having some water craft parts. They had lighter cranks, so in came a crank from a jet ski.

you wrecked you kart then. Hmmm. Not fun is it? Oh, the crash was probably fun, unless you were thrown from the kart, but when you see the cost to repair then it is no fun. I heard a guy at SKUSA Nat's sho said you can leave a blue footprint when you do a burnout(only for shifters) on the Vega's.

hahaha no I didn't crash it.. or at least I sure hope not since Ive only been practicing with it!(so far.. racing will come later this year or early next year).. It was the previous owner of this kart that must of done something to it.. but thats the thing with buying a used kart.. you don't know (until u get an alignment) what it has gone through... Ive been quite gentle with it so far. the worst Ive done is get lightly rear-ended.. the cost wasnt actually to much.. about 95 bucks in total but that included an alignment,new spoke pins, tires changed and karting oil..I'm kind of being taught by a karting buddy and I go out to the track with him and his dad at least twice a month..

ohh and wouldn't you be DQ'ed if they found parts from Sea doo's in your Rotax engine?

siberiankiss
15th August 2007, 20:04
05 Birel R-31 with an 06 Leopard... just started racing in TaG Senior last October. what a blast!! :)

CCFanatic
16th August 2007, 21:21
05 Birel R-31 with an 06 Leopard... just started racing in TaG Senior last October. what a blast!! :)

Good racing in Texas and the south west. Never drven a Birel. Are they a good kart?

raikk
18th August 2007, 08:49

ooo Birel's are supposed to be a treat to drive.. actually I had a choice between my current kart that I have or a Birel /Rok package... ohh btw CCfan. my engine imploded into peices 3 weeks ago.. because of ''age'' even though I was told when I bought it that it has 3 hours on the top and 5 on the bottom... wrong! it had about 30 hours on the top end (supposed to change top end every 15 hours or so.. so basiclly I scraped my old engine and bought an almost new one... for $2,400.. the old engine was in peices literally.. I still have it in a box along with my old radiator, carb ect.

CCFanatic
19th August 2007, 21:38
ooo Birel's are supposed to be a treat to drive.. actually I had a choice between my current kart that I have or a Birel /Rok package... ohh btw CCfan. my engine imploded into peices 3 weeks ago.. because of ''age'' even though I was told when I bought it that it has 3 hours on the top and 5 on the bottom... wrong! it had about 30 hours on the top end (supposed to change top end every 15 hours or so.. so basiclly I scraped my old engine and bought an almost new one... for $2,400.. the old engine was in peices literally.. I still have it in a box along with my old radiator, carb ect.

That sucks. You is that going to take you out of the year financially. My friend wrecks his Sat. and is out of the year. I was paying his season since the third race, and it was so hard to tell him I just couldn't afford to keep him racing. That was the second kart he damaged, and has gone through 3 motors. (We are switching to factory Rotax's next year at a much lower cost). If you ever get to come to a Great Lakes Superkart race, I'll should be there, or my uncle, as he runs is the crew chief.

siberiankiss
26th August 2007, 17:29
Good racing in Texas and the south west. Never drven a Birel. Are they a good kart?

so far haven't had any problems or complaints with the birel... but then again, i haven't driven any others to compare it to! the majority of people out here in texas in the TaG class run Birels... almost all of the shops carry pretty much nothing but. they seem to perform pretty well in general.

i seized my engine when i went out practicing 2 weeks ago :( good thing it happened at the end of the weekend though, so i didn't lose any practice time!!!

RingRacer
2nd November 2007, 00:19
hi, i've just joined the forum and recentley posted a thread for help in regards to my tonykart chassis of which i am unsure of the year? i have just started the hobby for fun really but i may get in to the racing aspect next year if all goes well? i havent rushed into buying my first kart and so looked at what most people in the uk were racing and so decided on a tonykart, well actually i got 2. i have a 2005/6 racer with an fr125 rotax max which a a 2000 model, the 2002 tonykart (mitox) as a 100cc air cooled vortex with ibea 24mm carb.
on reading this thread (which is my first forum/message board read)! it seems like the biral is favorite in the us.
nick

raikk
23rd February 2008, 07:35
hey CCFanatic I'm probally going to be on a team for this coming season! :) Glover Brothers Racing headed by Kevin Glover... I might even get a chance to race in the Rotax Max Western challenge series in Canada :D

CCFanatic
29th February 2008, 21:08
hey CCFanatic I'm probally going to be on a team for this coming season! :) Glover Brothers Racing headed by Kevin Glover... I might even get a chance to race in the Rotax Max Western challenge series in Canada :D

Nice dude. Not sure 100% of my plans. Running all the of the Skippy season, but might run stock cars in the ASA series. Ovals are not my optimal racing choice, but in stockers they are so fun to rub and the forgiveness created by the fenders.

Karts are the only true way in todays world to get real race excitment. They are cheap compared to all other series, fast in sensation to 200mph at Monza. Most of the racing is close. No pesky pit stops, so it is you, your kart, and the competition fighting for only a short sprint. Man, do I miss karting.

davidsimsjr.com
3rd March 2008, 23:55
CRG/PTK

I'll be moving up in class into my new Nevoso!

ZKT
7th April 2008, 18:32
Hello,

I drive a KZ2 class kart.

Chasis from TibiKart and the engine from TM Racing.

6 speed secuential gearbox with 3 brake discs, 95 kg and 43 cv :)

Some photos ;)

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1114/dsc20128pc1.jpg

Bye,Bye!

coogmaster
29th May 2008, 19:07
A McCulloh 91 with racing fuel carburetor on an old Rupp frame, modified for dirt. Everything is old school. Even use my old leather jacket, and an open face Parnelli helmet with goggles and a bandana.

I probably won't be able to join any leagues with that.

raikk
13th October 2008, 01:52
I am probably getting a new chassis this winter still looking at my options tho..

5th December 2008, 18:30
How to buy UGG sheepskin boots?Everyone who wear the UGG sheepskin boots will get many benefits. UGG boots are made to be worn barefoot as they will form to your feet and provide natural arch support. When buying a pair of sheepskin boots or ugg boots (premier brand in luxury and comfort footwear), there are many things to look for:First of all, you must make sure your sheepskin boots are actually made out of 100% authentic sheep skin. Some manufacturers use cheap substitutes such as gluing synthetic wool on to cow hide. These imitation sheepskin boots come at a cheaper price tag, but unfortunately the less expensive alternatives may cause skin irritations, encourage bacteria growth, wear down, tear quickly and noticeably less comfortable. http://www.shoppingugg.com When buying sheepskin boots, make sure they are manufactured from quality Australian Merino wool. Australian Merino sheepskin boots are considered the best material for making sheepskin boots and it also ensures that you will be able to use them for many years. Authentic wool also allows your feet to breathe and help reduce feet sweating. Merino sheep skin is by and large thicker and much more durable than other kinds of sheep skin, which helps your boots keep their shape as well as resist wear and tear. By purchasing sheepskin boots made from merino wool and sheep skin, you will be guaranteed that not only will they be the most comfortable pair of sheepskin boots you'll ever own, but they will also last for a long time to come. I have included some links if you would like to learn more about sheepskin boots or youwant to know where can buy some UGG Boots - Australia markets the premier brand in luxury and comfort. Their many products fit into your every day life offering you products that are fashionable, comfortable, and attainable.Ugg Boots have been made and worn in Australia/China for over 50 years and "Ugg" is not associated with any brand or style of sheepskin boot. So if your looking for real australian made ugg boots look no further than Shopping Ugg See our full range of Cardy UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/cardi-ugg-boots), Classic Short UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/classic-short-ugg-boots), Classic Tall UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/classic-tall-ugg-boots), Metallic UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/metallic-ugg-boots), Sundance UGG Boots and now even new Mini UGG Boots (http://www.shoppingugg.com/mini-ugg-boots)then you can find all the love from australia right here.