PDA

View Full Version : Driver of The Race

race aficionado
17th June 2007, 20:22
Well, no one has started this thread yet so here we go.

My choice of course, the phenom Lewis Hamilton.

:s mokin:

Ian McC
17th June 2007, 20:23
Lewis again, refused to give in and handled the pressure once again :up:

Dave B
17th June 2007, 20:24
Honourable mention to Vettel for becoming the youngest points-scorer, but DOTD must go to Hamilton for soaking up the pressure from Alonso to take his second victory in a flawless demonstration race.

jens
17th June 2007, 20:24
Several contenders for that "award" - especially Hamilton, Kovalainen, Rosberg and Trulli. :)

And also do not forget Sutil. ;) That guy made a stellar drive by staying in the group of superior cars.

truefan72
17th June 2007, 20:27
This time Lewis,
then webber...even though he should have gotten around Trulli
then Wurz...even though he should have gotten around liuzzi

the worst performance has to go hands down to Ralf
I think he might be replaced by France

truefan72
17th June 2007, 20:28
Several contenders for that "award" - especially Hamilton, Kovalainen, Rosberg and Trulli. :)

And also do not forget Sutil. ;) That guy made a stellar drive by staying in the group of superior cars.

agreed, both he and Vettel may have bought themselves better seats next year

gm99
17th June 2007, 20:40
Totally agree with your choices: LH again remained cool as a cucumber under pressure from Alonso; Trulli didn't fall asleep halfway through the race for once; Rosberg definitely should have scored points, Sutil again outclassed Albers...

Big Ben
17th June 2007, 20:43
Hamilton and Alonso.... great driving for both of them... They fought for the win on track and managed to bring another 18 points to the team....

IŽd like to mention KR too... it was nice to see him closing the gap with FM and fighting his team mate after such a bad start....

COD
17th June 2007, 20:45
1. Hamilton
2. Kovalainen (great drive despite all the speculation and pressure)
3. Rosberg

trumperZ06
17th June 2007, 21:09
:D 1. Hamilton... drove another superb race under pressure

2. Vettel... rookee driver scored in his 1st race

3. Kovalainen... standing up under intense pressure

:( Poorest performance... Ralfie who may be finished in Formula 1...

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:19
Flawlis Hamilton :up:

Well done Heikki, Vettel, Sutil

Pass of the race Ant on Button :p :

Donkey of the race Ralf

race aficionado
17th June 2007, 21:25
Yep.

Ralf had a bad day indeed.

What will really happen with him???? replacement during the season?

another chance??

jens
17th June 2007, 21:34
Ralf created a mess in Turn1 just like Montoya last year on the same circuit, which happened to be his last race in F1. Again very interesting parallels...

Zico
17th June 2007, 21:39
Lewis for sure.. Fantastic, Cool under pressure, mature drive from the youngster. Way to go Dude! ROCK!!!

Well done.. Heikki, Vettel and Sutil also.

Ralph.. you are the weakest link... Goodbye!

pino
17th June 2007, 21:53
poll added and my vote goes to....Trulli :p :

Ian McC
17th June 2007, 21:57

No surprise there then :p :

Still good result and eclipsed his team mate.

race aficionado
17th June 2007, 21:57
gracias pino.

donKey jote
17th June 2007, 21:58
trulli's looking good :p

jens
17th June 2007, 22:01
Why aren't Sutil and Rosberg added into the poll?

race aficionado
17th June 2007, 22:02
Man! that trulli is coming from behind!!!!

pino
17th June 2007, 22:19
gracias pino.

My pleasure amigo :s mokin:

Why aren't Sutil and Rosberg added into the poll?

They are now :)

stevie_gerrard
17th June 2007, 22:51
For an F1 debut, and under extreme pressure of living up to the standards of BMW this season, Sebastien Vettel saved their weekend by getting into the points, and showed that he has the mentality to make it as a full time f1 driver. His great doggedness and fighting attitude makes him my DOTD just ahead of Hamilton.

wedge
17th June 2007, 22:54
I vote for Fisi just for the amount of superb overtaking manoeuvres he pulled off

VkmSpouge
18th June 2007, 00:43
I think it was Lewis Hamilton but Jarno Trulli also impressed me with his drive and he came under pressure from Mark Webber at the end of the race.

truefan72
18th June 2007, 00:45

I'm shocked Pino :)

raikk
18th June 2007, 04:20
Lewlew lemon!

wmcot
18th June 2007, 05:55
the worst performance has to go hands down to Ralf
I think he might be replaced by France

I'm not sure that France is the best choice to replace Ralf! :) (You would have to make a really big cockpit!)

Seriously, I voted for Nico. His climb to as high as 4th was very impressive. He nearly made a one-stop strategy pay off with big points except for his Toyota engine failing him. I think he was saying, "Burn, baby, burn!!" as he walked from his car.

pino
18th June 2007, 06:41
I'm shocked Pino :)

And how is that ? Do you realize what kind of "car" he's driving ? After the race Jarno told the media that this 6th pos is like a victory for him, and I believe that ;)

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/59919

Valve Bounce
18th June 2007, 07:56
The way Hamilton withstood all attepmts from the current World Champion is marvellous. My choice.

Shifter
18th June 2007, 08:06
The Spyker, god bless them for trying, is a terrible car in its first year of competition. Sutil only 2 laps down to the McLarens? I voted Sutil.

ojciec dyrektor
18th June 2007, 09:35
Lewis Hamilton!

Some great passes from Fisichella.
Good performance from Trulli, Kovalainen and Vettel.

Donkey of the race.... as usual: Ralfie, whos working hard for his money.

Garry Walker
18th June 2007, 12:25
Rosberg and Trulli impressed me the most, but I see Trulli as having the edge this time. I voted Trulli. Liuzzis defence on Wurz for so many laps was very nice to see aswell, he was making AW look quite stupid.
Could anyone explain me why HK has far more votes than Trulli? And who were the people who actually voted Alonso as the driver of the race? Did we all watch the same GP?

ArrowsFA1
18th June 2007, 12:32
Could anyone explain me why HK has far more votes than Trulli? And who were the people who actually voted Alonso as the driver of the race? Did we all watch the same GP?
It's called having an opinion that differs to yours :cool:

Garry Walker
18th June 2007, 12:38
It's called having an opinion that differs to yours :cool:

I know that. Some can also have the opinion that Geoge Bush is the most intelligent person in the world, but that opinion would be stupid, wouldnt it? :cool:

jens
18th June 2007, 12:49
:laugh: :laugh:

I can't deny that I like Garry Walker's posts and the disputes they create on this forums. :D

Btw, I voted for Trulli. I wanted to vote for Sutil, but at the time when I gave my vote (it was yesterday), then he wasn't listed as an option yet. :p : I liked Jarno's classic position defending at the end of the race. Webber did quite well too, but... it's hard to prove or to give a concrete parameter, but IMO Red Bull is a better car than Toyota at the moment, so therefore the Italian impressed me more. :p :

Kulliracing
18th June 2007, 13:44
Fisico no doubt ;) so many great passes.

ArrowsFA1
18th June 2007, 13:54
I know that. Some can also have the opinion that Geoge Bush is the most intelligent person in the world, but that opinion would be stupid, wouldnt it? :cool:
:laugh: :laugh: I'm sure those who have expressed an opinion that differs from yours can see right through that one.

Dazz9908
18th June 2007, 14:54
I vote for Fisi just for the amount of superb overtaking manoeuvres he pulled off
I totally agree with this, I've bagged out a fair bit of late,
True he stuff up early in race with a spin but made up for it with the best "overtaking manoeuvres" in the race in try to recover exercise in the race
SO Fisichella gets my vote!!!!

aryan
18th June 2007, 16:37
Fisico spoilt his race, and then miraculously nearly got it back.

Nearly... being the keyword here.

wmcot
19th June 2007, 08:30

Because some people try to be open-minded and think about their choices while for others, a poll is just a popularity contest for their favorite driver - just like most political elections!!

(BTW - I like George Bush ;) He shows that anyone CAN grow up to be president of the USA!)

ioan
19th June 2007, 09:53
Because some people try to be open-minded and think about their choices while for others, a poll is just a popularity contest for their favorite driver - just like most political elections!!

Right on.

Firstgear
19th June 2007, 18:06
Could anyone explain me why HK has far more votes than Trulli? ............... Did we all watch the same GP?

Far more people voted for HK than Trulli.

We all watched the same race, but I'm sure you saw it in black & white.

jas123f1
19th June 2007, 18:25
Driver of the race was Hamilton of cause :)
However i gave my vote to Kova for his surprising "up waking" - hopefully he doesn't fall in the sleep again..

William Hunt
19th June 2007, 20:47
I would mention Sutil since he's driving the slowest car on the grid and that makes it hard for people to notice him. He clearly dominates Albers everywhere this year and was fighting in the midfeald with much faster cars. Sutil is ready for a better team next year.

K-Pu
20th June 2007, 02:09
My vote goes to Rosberg.

The best one stopper of the race, but he couldnŽt finish... If I were him IŽd have punched the air even more!