PDA

View Full Version : Porsche P2 and LeMans

KyKiske
16th June 2007, 22:32
Sorry, cos im sure this has been covered, but why aren't there any P2 Porsches at LeMans this year?

Was it an case of non being entered or a technical issue? (as with Maserati not being ACO eligable - though of course P2 Porsches run in ALMS which runs ACO regs).

harvick#1
16th June 2007, 22:37
Penske didn't want to go and Dyson normally never goes to Lemans

KyKiske
16th June 2007, 22:57
fair enough. cheers for the info.

lets hope they turn up next year to battle to expected P2 Acura effort. Be nice to see a strong P2 field at Le Mans.

racefanfromnj
19th June 2007, 14:47
If the Acuras go next year then I say the Porsches have to go And being a Dyson fan since way back I'd like to see them go

RS Spyder
19th June 2007, 16:24
I'm not 100% sure about this.

Hartmut Kristen has said that Porsche will not return to Le Mans unless it is able to compete for overall victory.
They are unable to do this with their P2, so if any pitch up in 2008, they will be purely private entries.
Considering that all current privately run Spyders receive a tremendous amount of support from Porsche, I see the "Le Mans" thing as unlikely.

I suspect we will see Porsche coming back with a P1 car in 2009 or 2010.

Scuderia ferrari
19th June 2007, 21:11
I was really dissapointed about the Penske Porsches not going, i was preparing to cheer them on

luvracin
20th June 2007, 14:52
I'm not 100% sure about this.

Hartmut Kristen has said that Porsche will not return to Le Mans unless it is able to compete for overall victory.
They are unable to do this with their P2, so if any pitch up in 2008, they will be purely private entries.
Considering that all current privately run Spyders receive a tremendous amount of support from Porsche, I see the "Le Mans" thing as unlikely.

I suspect we will see Porsche coming back with a P1 car in 2009 or 2010.

To the Porsche decision makers....

You already have GT2 wrapped up.

Make a Porsche Spyder GT1 car and challenge for that.

Enter the LMP2 cars for LMP2 honours.

AND... come up with a LMP1 car.

2010 Headline. "Porsche clean sweep at Lemans......."

RS Spyder
20th June 2007, 15:45
May the Gods of Zuffenhausen smile upon you!