PDA

View Full Version : TRD3 British GT Championship

Brown, Jon Brow
16th June 2007, 17:11
Does anyone have any plans to run one this year?

Last years championship was very exciting, eventually won by Vuko snr in the GT class and controversially by Harvick in the Cup class ;) It also had an incredible number of entries.

Anyone interested?

tannat
16th June 2007, 17:27
Does anyone have any plans to run one this year?

Last years championship was very exciting, eventually won by Vuko snr in the GT class and controversially by Harvick in the Cup class ;) It also had an incredible number of entries.

Anyone interested?

Actually, I was planning to run one (with 306 Cosworth and Rally_Team GBs approval). However, I feel the TRD3 calendar will be quite busy with the Supercar V8s and DTM running through November, as well as real_illusions F3 to start in August.

I had thought of starting in October, but if the interest is there perhaps we could begin earlier.

Let me know what you think..

johnny shell
16th June 2007, 20:29
I'd enjoy getting the Corvette out again, and I may even get behind the wheel of my very first race car, the Marcos Mantis, for nostalgia's sake!

but it would have to be when the touring car season is over. maybe it could run alternate weeks to the F3 series?

harvick#1
16th June 2007, 20:40
controversially by Harvick in the Cup class ;)

why cause I got you by one point :p :

Adam Sloma
16th June 2007, 20:54
I'm interested, even very interested! :D

British GT is the only series which works without any problems on my computer.

Brown, Jon Brow
16th June 2007, 22:11
why cause I got you by one point :p :

And all the cafuffell about the Morgan being the best car and cause I missed the 1st 4 rounds. ;)

harvick#1
16th June 2007, 22:44
morgan is the best car ;)

tannat
16th June 2007, 23:04
I wasn't planning on including the cup cars...

However, it seems there is a demand.

Rest assured the Morgan will be saddled with some form of 'ballast'

Brown, Jon Brow
16th June 2007, 23:37
I was thinking about the possibility of a success ballast system. Unlike Vukos V8 system it would be entirely based on championship position and in double header rounds the second race ballast would be based on the results of the first. (Like the BTCC)

Tannat - how about a 'weight break' for the Monaro? :p

tannat
16th June 2007, 23:55
I was thinking about the possibility of a success ballast system. Unlike Vukos V8 system it would be entirely based on championship position and in double header rounds the second race ballast would be based on the results of the first. (Like the BTCC)

Tannat - how about a 'weight break' for the Monaro? :p

Monaro weight break? I'm certain I could work out something for my maiden ride in the British GT :p

tannat
16th June 2007, 23:56
So is the consensus that we SHOULD wait until late October/early November when the TRD3 DTM and V8s are in the throes of their final rounds?

steve_spackman
17th June 2007, 01:09
yeah that would be good to wait till then...

steve_spackman
17th June 2007, 21:48
how about doing a 24 hr le mans type race..

steve_spackman
17th June 2007, 21:58
how about doing a 24 hr le mans type race..id be up for that

306 Cosworth
17th June 2007, 23:29
Good luck with running the championship Tannat, it's certaintly hardwork!

tannat
18th June 2007, 04:30
Good luck with running the championship Tannat, it's certaintly hardwork!

Mr SpacKman and I will be conducting the season in a collaborative effort, so hopefully it will not be too demanding..

Hope you'll join us, Cossie...

306 Cosworth
18th June 2007, 13:51
I'm not making any promises Tannat but will try. Good luck to the both of you then.

chrisfinch
18th June 2007, 19:49
I'll be there, as long as it doesn't start for a while. Luke did an excellent job running it last year, and after your TRd1 BTCC efforts tannat, it should definitely be well organised.

RaikkonenRules
22nd June 2007, 21:40
I hope to compete in the series for the first time. Most likely in Cup because I haven't unlocked the GT class yet.

johnny shell
22nd June 2007, 21:56
you better start unlocking!

I heard we weren't having cup class this year.

tannat
22nd June 2007, 22:17
you better start unlocking!

I heard we weren't having cup class this year.

Myself and Mr Spackman will evaluate interest and make a decision.

I'd rather have 1 really strong class than 2 somewhat weak classes

Brown, Jon Brow
22nd June 2007, 23:19
Will there be any regulation to stop everyone from using TVR's and Corvettes.

I vote that Vuko must use the Monaro ;)

tannat
22nd June 2007, 23:39
Will there be any regulation to stop everyone from using TVR's and Corvettes.

I vote that Vuko must use the Monaro ;)

You know, if everyone had their druthers they'd be driving either a TVR or Vette in the N-GT class and a Morgan in the Cup class

If the cars are so unequal, why did Codemasters bother designing them (perhaps for that very reason alone-they ARE different).

Perhaps I'll take a look at some sort of equivalency amongst the cars by gearing, tires, downforce, etc

johnny shell
25th June 2007, 15:11
yeah let's just put the fast drivers in the slowest cars. that'll be the handicapping formula!

we can all vote on it.

or, just let us all pick what car we want. if no one picks the dogs then so be it.

steve_spackman
26th June 2007, 03:23
how about teams..2 ppl in each team? that way we can bring team scores into the game too? anymore ideas just drop em by myself or tannat..want to make this gt championship a very good one.im also thinking of makin a website for the championship..car specs, team, track info etc

real_illusions
26th June 2007, 15:44
im also thinking of makin a website for the championship..car specs, team, track info etc

I'll add it onto the current trd3 website i've got up and running once we get the series officially announced, such as calender and start taking on people to fill up the entry list. and also once BT get off their arses and give us the internet...

steve_spackman
26th June 2007, 22:15
I'll add it onto the current trd3 website i've got up and running once we get the series officially announced, such as calender and start taking on people to fill up the entry list. and also once BT get off their arses and give us the internet...

yeah that sounds like a plan...how do we go about adding the website to yr page??

306 Cosworth
27th June 2007, 16:32
Steve what I did last year was

GT Drivers Champ
GT Teams Champ
GT Cup Drivers Champ
GT Cup Teams Champ
Overall Drivers Championship

:) - :up:

real_illusions
28th June 2007, 16:31
yeah that sounds like a plan...how do we go about adding the website to yr page??

you dont :p : I do all the work on the website..just sit back and relax..

*still cursing at BT, the f-ck wits..*

:)

tannat
28th June 2007, 19:11
I'm cpnsidering running the championship in one of two ways:

1) Complete freedom of car choice as well as freedom from ballast-everyone chooses their car and drives them with free setups all season long (the Monaro and Morgan will be assisted/handicapped regardless)

2) Freedom of car choice, however, those in demonstrably slower cars (i.e. In N-GT the Ultima and Mosler, and in Cup class the Noble and Vauxhall) receive either assitance, or all other cars are handicapped on a race by race basis

3) Could run a season where ALL competitors complete a licensing session, the competitors are then grouped into two classes, with the not so fast class being allowed to drive the Tuning GT cars (Koenig and Gemballa cars) which are faster. This would have some serious ramifications for the schedule, as the British/World N-GTs have only 9 tracks in common with the Tuning Gts..

Lemme know what you think...

johnny shell
28th June 2007, 19:28
I'm for just letting peeps pick their cars & if they pick a dud then so be it. I'm also for letting people change cars whenever they want.

It will be interesting picking your car for each round.

if you want to handicap/penalize certain cars, then that just adds to the strategy - will I drive the Morgan but take a 3/4 second per lap penality? will I drive the Monaro and get 1 second per lap deducted from my time?

someone would just have to decide ahead of each round what the penality/handicap for each car would be.

tannat
28th June 2007, 20:02
I'm for just letting peeps pick their cars & if they pick a dud then so be it. I'm also for letting people change cars whenever they want.

It will be interesting picking your car for each round.

if you want to handicap/penalize certain cars, then that just adds to the strategy - will I drive the Morgan but take a 3/4 second per lap penality? will I drive the Monaro and get 1 second per lap deducted from my time?

someone would just have to decide ahead of each round what the penality/handicap for each car would be.

Good points, Johnny..

JB made a good point about this becoming a TVR/Vette challenge. In the cup class it could easily become a vette/Marcos challenge. Trying to encourage alternative vehicle choices, as well as introduce a level of parity amongst competitors

Could have fun with this in a lost of ways (back of grid starts, manadatory car settings, gear ratios, etc)

RaikkonenRules
30th June 2007, 18:24
Just unlocked World NGT class. Since the car choice is exactly the same in both World and British series could we perhaps have a combination of races from both? :)

steve_spackman
30th June 2007, 19:29
I'm cpnsidering running the championship in one of two ways:

1) Complete freedom of car choice as well as freedom from ballast-everyone chooses their car and drives them with free setups all season long (the Monaro and Morgan will be assisted/handicapped regardless)

2) Freedom of car choice, however, those in demonstrably slower cars (i.e. In N-GT the Ultima and Mosler, and in Cup class the Noble and Vauxhall) receive either assitance, or all other cars are handicapped on a race by race basis

3) Could run a season where ALL competitors complete a licensing session, the competitors are then grouped into two classes, with the not so fast class being allowed to drive the Tuning GT cars (Koenig and Gemballa cars) which are faster. This would have some serious ramifications for the schedule, as the British/World N-GTs have only 9 tracks in common with the Tuning Gts..

Lemme know what you think...

sounds good to me

tannat
30th June 2007, 20:11
Just unlocked World NGT class. Since the car choice is exactly the same in both World and British series could we perhaps have a combination of races from both? :)

I'm leaning in this direction RR... ;)

steve_spackman
5th July 2007, 19:48
i have a few ideas for the calender tannat...still drawing it out..

tannat
5th July 2007, 23:23
i have a few ideas for the calender tannat...still drawing it out..

A good mix of England and International venues, please.

I'd love to have both Spa and Bathurst, but can accept Spa only if there is not the room :up:

steve_spackman
6th July 2007, 04:24
praps we could do the calender together..

johnny shell
6th July 2007, 13:59
yeah, like we should have some of those goofy english circuits like castle cooombe and snitterton.

Adam Sloma
6th July 2007, 17:02
I dont like snetterton.

johnny shell
6th July 2007, 17:23
I like snetterton better than castle coombe.. but neither is exactly a great circuit.

I just appreciate their character & the history that england's airport circuit's represent.

so I don't mind visiting them once a year in the British GT series.

Adam Sloma
6th July 2007, 17:47
I don't like snetterton from TRD3, because I found game bug, which allow me cut chicane in time trial.

johnny shell
6th July 2007, 19:25
I noticed that in the V8 race at Surfer's Paradise that there are certain turns you can cut closer than others.

of course there you almost always HAVR to have two wheels on the track

steve_spackman
8th July 2007, 18:22
we are to have one enduro race in the calender..please put down which track you would like this to be?

tannat
8th July 2007, 22:14
we are to have one enduro race in the calender..please put down which track you would like this to be?

Three letters:

SPA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D