PDA

View Full Version : News on the Festival Place event this weekend...

kate16draft
15th June 2007, 21:09
Just to let any of you know if you are thinking of coming or are interested...

The Festival Place Event in Basingstoke has been moved inside due to weather conditions.

I will inform you of how the event goes.

wends
16th June 2007, 21:25
We went to festival place today shopping, and the display was very good, and also in a prime location to the shopping centre, just inside the main entrance.
All looked very impresive and busy....well done to all involved, talked to few whilst there......should drag a few punters up to rockingham.
Yet again well done, and see you all soon (cant make next weekend due to prior engagement, but will be there the rest of the season)

Well done......

kate16draft
17th June 2007, 19:04
Wow - what can I say about the display we did this weekend!?

It was very worthwhile as many many people were interested in the Trucks, lots of people sat in them, kids and even adults, we did lots of autographs and pictures, we had newspaper and radio coverage and we know from Festival Place Management that over 80,000 people walked through the doors during the weekend!!

If anyone would be interested in doing an event simular, we know from the feedback we have had from all different kinds of people that more people will visit Rockingham and follow the Trucks due to the event.

That was my aim and with the help of lots of people; Steve, Chris, Adam, Scott, Kev, Dean, Rob, Andy, Dave, Mark, Dave just to name a few we managed to have great fun and raise awareness of, and I think you will all agree with me, a very fantastic series!!

I will post a picture for you all to see, there will hopefully be some more on the Pickup Truck website but i will definately have a portfolio of the event at Rockingham next weekend...

Chigley
17th June 2007, 19:25
I've also just returned from a hugely successful weekend at the Festival Place suberbly organised by Kate.

My legs, knees and back are aching from lifting kids of all ages into and out of the cars, but it was so wonder to see their faces light up like beacons when they were "in a racing car". Also the drivers, Steve D, Mark W, Dave B and Andy P gave so much time to everyone to chat about the teams and cars, to sign posters and have photos taken; plus all the members of Draft Racing and Willis motorsport. The public were agog at their access to the cars and the drivers, to be able to touch and "play" with a real car that will be racing next weekend and not just a fibre glass model.

I'm so pleased I was able to be a part of the display.

Festival Place photos. (http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Chigley/Festival%20Place/)

There is a real opportunity for other teams to do the same in other regional areas its a golden chance at promoting our racing and the public love it.

Well done Kate and many congratulations on your success. :champion:

Ian :) :) :)

Jordygirl
17th June 2007, 20:44
:up: Well done Kate, judging by Chigley's photos you've pulled off a brilliant promo. opportunity. Bums on seats for the next meetings I'm sure. I take my hat off to you. :wave:

Forum Buddy
17th June 2007, 21:38
Well Done Kate

Great to see that dispaly in the photos.

Hope some new punters come to Rockingham next weekend from that display.

Great job

Francis
Forum Buddy

Roll on next weekend, this hope for good dry weekend's racing.

LessThanSte
17th June 2007, 23:30
Well done Kate, you've done a grand job!

I fear that, if you got a pat on the back for each extra person that comes next week you wouldnt be able to lie down for a week!

Where is the next one going to be?

racing59
17th June 2007, 23:49
If only he could have done some donuts in the centre!!!!

Great job.

Chigley
18th June 2007, 00:25
Do you really think we hadn't thought of that one! The Festival Place has a perfect square "oval" complete with inclines, traffic islands (vendors stalls) pit area (coffee shop) and an assembly area (where the display was). The only trouble was you can't run engines indoors and I'm bu**ered if I'm joining a "Push a PuT race"

;)

wends
18th June 2007, 16:37
Festival place was a great place for that display, inside or out.....but the weather was a big factor talking to chigley on sat.
Basingstoke does have it,s fair share of roundabouts (mini ovals).....

THE BASINGSTOKE 500......Mmmm (just hasnt got that ring to it has it)... .ha...ha