PDA

View Full Version : What's Next for Kyle?

RaikkonenRules
15th June 2007, 20:40
Where do you think Kyle Busch will go next year once Dale Jr. takes over the #5.

I think he'll be in the 4th RCR car.

jeffmr2
15th June 2007, 20:59
I just hope he gets a drive worthy of his considerable talent.He's outperformed Jr for the last 2 years it will be all the sweeter if he does so again next year.

harvick#1
15th June 2007, 21:08
I think it will either be RCR or DEI, I hope its RCR cause the kids got talent, and Burton should be able to tone down the attitude of Busch to make him a threat every week

trumperZ06
15th June 2007, 21:36
;) Hhmmm... don't rule out Toyota !!!

They desperately need one of the top drivers and...

almost everyone directly involved with NA$CAR...

who have responded to inquiries have said...

Kyle Busch has the most talent of anybody currently driving in Cup !!!

There have been issues with his actions in the past... but...

his driving talent warrants a hard look by Toyota.

Sparky1329
15th June 2007, 22:09
I think it will either be RCR or DEI, I hope its RCR cause the kids got talent, and Burton should be able to tone down the attitude of Busch to make him a threat every week

Mark Martin and Jeff Burton were teammates to his brother and you see what that accomplished....squat. I see no reason to believe that Shrub would temper his behavior because of the good influence of his teammates.

Jonesi
15th June 2007, 23:17
Mark Martin and Jeff Burton were teammates to his brother and you see what that accomplished....squat. I see no reason to believe that Shrub would temper his behavior because of the good influence of his teammates.

Kyle is about 7 years younger, and about twice as mature as Kurt (which I'll admit isn't that much ;-).

Jonesi
16th June 2007, 00:20
Nascar Now had a segment on Kyle's press confirence today (if anyone finds a link to the full video please post it) It now looks like Kyle's agent talked him out of HMS without telling Kyle what he was doing. Kyle now has a new agent!

Jonesi
16th June 2007, 01:43
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?seriesId=2&id=2905784

muggle not
16th June 2007, 02:40
Kyle was making demands and Hendrick called his bluff.

Sparky1329
16th June 2007, 03:25
Kyle seems to be making friends all over the place. Today's under-the-bus victim is his former agent. Real mature of him. :rolleyes:

Sparky1329
16th June 2007, 03:29
Kyle was making demands and Hendrick called his bluff.

It sure seems that way. Nobody is irreplaceable.

jslone
16th June 2007, 06:12
Kyle needs to grow the hell up.And then again I could care less about him.

Sparky1329
16th June 2007, 15:19

Amen, John.

dont_be_jack
16th June 2007, 15:27

And then when he ends up being a teammate to your favorite driver and wins the champsionship in the future, you will. The kid has loads of talent and, let us not forget, has won more races in the last two years than Junior. Whoever gets Kyle is getting the better deal.

MD24
16th June 2007, 19:56
Where do you think Kyle Busch will go next year once Dale Jr. takes over the #5.

I think he'll be in the 4th RCR car.

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=257157&FS=NASCAR

Not according to "Kevie"
DO YOU SEE KYLE BUSCH AS AN RCR TEAMMATE? "No."

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/racing/wb/120933
Jack Roush also not interested
Jack Roush, for whom Busch drove before moving to Hendrick in 2003. "I am not interested in Kyle Busch," Roush said. "I've been there and I've done that

blakebeatty
17th June 2007, 05:52
RCR, DEI, and Ray Evernham want to add a fourth car for 2008, and Penske, and RYR have talked of a third team. Kyle will have an array of offers to choose from. There aren't six quality drivers out there. Enter Biffle, and Busch still has fine chances...

Jonesi
17th June 2007, 08:51
http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=257157&FS=NASCAR

Not according to "Kevie"
DO YOU SEE KYLE BUSCH AS AN RCR TEAMMATE? "No."

Check Jayski or Speedtv for the latest quote from Childress. I looks like Harvick is not on the same page as his team owner.

Jonesi
17th June 2007, 09:44
RCR, DEI, and Ray Evernham want to add a fourth car for 2008, and Penske, and RYR have talked of a third team. Kyle will have an array of offers to choose from. There aren't six quality drivers out there. Enter Biffle, and Busch still has fine chances...

Right now we have the following rumors:
4th car in '08 RICHARD CHILDRESS [best guess most likely to happen]
4th car in '08? DEI (and don't forget open seat in #8) [said they are looking for 1 veteran, 1 up&comer, Kyle B kind of covers either]
4th car in '08? GINN [How much money does this new owner have to spend?]
3rd car in '08? GENE HAAS [If this team has just changed hands as rumored, I don't see it happening]
4th car in '08? GANASSI/SABATES [Does any Dodge team want to expand until they know what's happening with the new Chrysler owner?]
4th car in '08? RAY EVERNHAM [see above]
3rd car in '08/09? PENSKE SOUTH [If it happens I think it will be to keep from losing Hornish]
3rd car in '08 RYR [Can't see expanding when they have other problems]
Robbie Gordon still looking for pardner/2nd car?
-1 car for ROUSH [Needs to get down to 4 by '09, if a driver leaves (Biffle biggest rumor) can he keep the sponsor(s) and crew from bailing on a lame duck entry? Can he get a driver & sponsors signed for a team that they know he will try to sell off?]

Probably only 1 or 2 of these will happen, most likely who ever gets Kyle Busch & Greg Biffle, and I'm sure all the Toyota teams are looking at them too.

Sparky1329
17th June 2007, 16:10
Check Jayski or Speedtv for the latest quote from Childress. I looks like Harvick is not on the same page as his team owner.

Talk is cheap too. ;)