PDA

View Full Version : Proteam - Roda in, Hernandez out.

SEATFreak
15th June 2007, 14:17
touringcartimes.com and fiawtcc.com both report with the same article that Sergio Hernandez has been replaced at Italian independent outfit Proteam Motorsport by former SEAT Sport Italia driver Davide Roda.

Does anyone know why the deal has suddenly come to and end and does anyone think it is good that it has happened?

In terms of results I think it is. He (Hernandez) is, on 29pts, miles behind 3rd place Stefano D'Aste, 2nd place Pierre Yves Corthals and even further behind leader and now former team-mate Luca Rangoni with only three consecutive 2nd places in the Yokohama Independents Trophy really his only points (races 1 & 2 at Valencia and race 1 at Pau) apart from a a 4th in race 1 at Curitiba.

AlexD
15th June 2007, 16:50
He smashed D'Aste off heavily in Pau, and was also invoved in a incident with his own team mate. He was a bit of a menace to points for his team, his team-mate and his manufacturer. Guess that's why he left.

kmchow
15th June 2007, 21:31
He smashed D'Aste off heavily in Pau, and was also invoved in a incident with his own team mate. He was a bit of a menace to points for his team, his team-mate and his manufacturer. Guess that's why he left.
OTOH, leaving and being fired are 2 different things?

SEATFreak
16th June 2007, 18:04
That is just it kmchow. Nobody knows the reason why the deal collapsed.

If I were not so opposed to putting a few quid on a bet, I wouldn't mind gambling on Sergio having being pushed rather than Sergio jumping of his own accord. According to AlexD Sergio sounds like a 24-carat liability.

I will be getting the 2006 WTCC DVD for my birthday but I think from the sound of things, though such constant bashing must surely atleast have the potential to cost the team in terms of what it takes to repair Sergio's car week in week out, I think the team could be more concerned about the potential for it to be costing the team points. Although Proteam are miles ahead at the top of the Teams Championship leading Exagon 84 to 66, I think a teamboss ideally wants both of his drivers to do well.