PDA

View Full Version : Your first true love?

306 Cosworth
14th June 2007, 20:42
After splitting up with my first true love just over a month ago (after over a year together), I was wondering if anyone still thinks about their first true love or were you lucky enough to stay with them until this day?
I can't stop thinking about Sarah infact i'm still in love with her and can't get over her, but guess i'll have to!
Anyone got any good ways over getting over her? No silly suggestions like sleeping with her best mate or getting pissed!

CarlMetro
14th June 2007, 21:45
Gillian Kelly :love: She was the first girl I kissed and my first real girlfriend, but I was 11 at the time. We'd been going out for a few months when she moved away with her parents because her Dad got a new job and my heart was broken for the first time ;(

I caught up with her a few years back on Friends Reunited, she's married now with four kids.

Best way to get over a lost love is to find another to replace it. It may sound hard but you have to try and move on. There are plenty of others out there and for someone as young as yourself, there's plenty of time to enjoy life without tying yourself down to a permenant relationship.

schmenke
14th June 2007, 21:56
Take up golf.

jim mcglinchey
14th June 2007, 22:24
All together now " The first cut is the deepest, baby I know the first cut is the deepest".
I'm a happily married forty something and I still think about my first true love, but you just gotta' get out there and meet someone new.

Quattroporte
15th June 2007, 02:06
Been split up from my first for seven months now. Worse part is, due to unavoidable circumstances I still see her 2 or 3 times a week, although she won't speak to me. It gets easier to deal with over time, but in terms of actually getting over it? No. And I actually doubt I will.

Apparently the hearing of your first loves voice etc creates a craving ten times stronger than that of a cocaine addict.

Also, it will be the worst thing for you to try rekindle things, completely screws you up.

A change of scenery is the best thing for it. Go somewhere completely new that has no connection whatsoever with your ex. That makes it a bit easier..

tannat
15th June 2007, 04:06
Sorry to hear it, Cossie...

I'll never forget Sherri (nor the pain when she left)

Don't rush geting over her. It's a pain of love, and worth the hurt (if that makes any sense)

Alexamateo
15th June 2007, 05:04
I'll never forget Sherri (nor the pain when she left)

Is your name Steve Perry?

:p : :D

oily oaf
15th June 2007, 05:13
Pamela Taylor from Vauxhall. Cute as a button and with a wicked gleam in her eye.
The shameless little madam jumped on top of me in the middle of a bomb site in John Islip Street Westminister and gave me such a smacker on the lips that all the chocolate melted off me Curly Wurly :(
Mind you I was only 9 at the time.

Chin up 306. We've all been there mate :)

Rudy Tamasz
15th June 2007, 08:19
All things must pass, my friend. First I fell in love madly when I was 20. But it never worked. She was dating my friend and then married him. I was invited to the wedding but did not go, naturally. My second big love was easier. We dated for four years and then she started getting on my last nerve. When I showed her the door I felt a tremendous relief. Now I'm happily married to yet another woman I love and we expect a child. Everything will be all right.

Ian McC
15th June 2007, 08:29
I think mine was one of the girls from Charlies Angels, though hell it was so long ago I can't remember which :D

I had been around a bit but didn't know what love was until I met my wife, though I did learn the hard way, she managed to break my heart at least once on the way :s

Still, worth it in the end :D

Flat.tyres
15th June 2007, 09:17
my first true love would have had to be my brothers Debbie Harry poster and a pack of kleenex (to wipe my eyes because she would never be mine, of course.)

CarlMetro
15th June 2007, 09:21
Yeah, I still have that problem with Kylie Minogue :dozey:

pino
15th June 2007, 09:32
Petra 19 years old from Dortmund, met her in Hikkadua (Sri Lanka) many years ago, spendt 3 months with her in Sri Lanka, India, Thailand, Nepal, then back to Europe...The most crazy girl I've met in my life :s mokin: Sorry can't go in details or I'll be in trouble with my wife :p : ;)

Daniel
15th June 2007, 10:05
I broke up with my first girlfriend the day after joining this forum. Best way to replace a woman is with a forum :p

Dave B
15th June 2007, 10:11
Dry your eyes, mate. I know it's hard to take but her mind has been made up. Plenty more fish in the sea.

That'd make a good song, that....

Brown, Jon Brow
15th June 2007, 10:20
Best thing to do is go down to the pub with mates and get absolutely rat-ars*d then go and try to get with one of her best ma :erm: ..............oops................................

just read the 1st post :uhoh:

Donney
15th June 2007, 11:04
No good advice here, I suffered the "we-are.-firends" syndrome and therefore my chances were ruined. We are still good friends and whenever I see her I still think I love her.

When my heart was broken for the first time I thought it would last forever but eventually the pain fades and some memories remain.

Patience, friends and beer would do the trick.

SEATFreak
15th June 2007, 13:57
Does a "1st true love" actually have to be someone who you have actually gone out with?

Because I had one or two girls at school I had a massive crush on (I even gave one a gift once!) but I was a small, fat loser who had absolutely no experience with the fairer sex, confidence or esteem (nothing much has changed then in over 100 years!), who thought was the type no girl would ever need or want. That is why I have never tested the water. Went in there and gave it a whack. I thought they would never say yes. :(

I still fancied her and thought about her like mad tho.

stevie_gerrard
15th June 2007, 14:03
I am still with the love of my life and my first love, Louise. it may only be a year we've been together on the 27th June, but its felt like a lifetime, and we very much want to spend the rest of our lives together. :)

Daniel
15th June 2007, 14:18
Went in there and gave it a whack.

I'm sorry but I just had to quote that :uhoh:

CharlieJ
15th June 2007, 14:38
Key word here is FIRST.

It hurts now, but there'll be others.

Some of them will hurt too - in fact most of them probably will.... :erm:

I'm not really helping here... am I? :erm:

306 Cosworth
15th June 2007, 14:48
I am still with the love of my life and my first love, Louise. it may only be a year we've been together on the 27th June, but its felt like a lifetime, and we very much want to spend the rest of our lives together. :)

That's how I felt mate, so did she (apparently) Spent 1Year 3Months together, and then that was it, in just a few simple words, my world was pretty much taken away from me. Not that i'm saying it'll happen to you, but IF it does you'll know what i'm going through and it hurts, alot.
Especially as a little over a week later she got with someone else, and made me feel like I meant absolutely **** all, talk about sticking the knife in deeper :mad: :bigcry:

306 Cosworth
15th June 2007, 14:49
Oh and thanks for all the comments everyone, it's my 18th in 2 weeks and i'm going out with a few friends and one of them happens to be a girl i've quite liked for sometime now so see how things go!

CharlieJ
15th June 2007, 14:55
Good luck mate ;)

SEATFreak
15th June 2007, 15:11
I'm sorry but I just had to quote that

Any particular pointless reason or is it yet another baseless dig at me because you feel like having a dig at me?

I mean, how would you describe someone like me given what I think and feel about me seeing if a girl will say 'yes', or as I think 'no', and ask her out?

tannat
15th June 2007, 15:27
That's how I felt mate, so did she (apparently) Spent 1Year 3Months together, and then that was it, in just a few simple words, my world was pretty much taken away from me. Not that i'm saying it'll happen to you, but IF it does you'll know what i'm going through and it hurts, alot.
Especially as a little over a week later she got with someone else, and made me feel like I meant absolutely **** all, talk about sticking the knife in deeper :mad: :bigcry:

Same thing happened with me, Cossie..

My grades plummeted, I had no humor in me whatsoever, felt like an absolute vegetable...

tannat
15th June 2007, 15:28
Is your name Steve Perry?

:p : :D

:laugh:

Daniel
15th June 2007, 15:32
Any particular pointless reason

Cos it's funny innit?

306 Cosworth
15th June 2007, 15:34
Same thing happened with me, Cossie..

My grades plummeted, I had no humor in me whatsoever, felt like an absolute vegetable...

That's the same with me, I've fallen behind on my coursework at college now, I had no motivation what so ever and everything just felt sh*t basically! Catching up with my Coursework (slowly) now though which is good but still miss her and think about her when ever I have a quiet moment to myself.

SEATFreak
15th June 2007, 16:01
Cos it's funny innit?

I haven't the faintest idea how to approach girls or what to do next. I don't find the fact I am a no-hoper who just ain't good enough funny.

The worst part about being a total no-hoper is the fact I wasn't able to get close to my first love at school to ask her out.

But surely, even it is something of a consolation prize, though I couldn't ask her out, the very fact I did have feelings for her in the first place surely makes her my offical first love?

306 Cosworth
15th June 2007, 16:05
Ah but are you sure you were in Love with her though? You get all sorts of funny feelings when your in love, you constantly miss them even if they're in the next room (well that's how I felt) you wanted them by yourside 24/7 you missed every little thing that they did, and you got a funny feeling inside every time you hear their voice on the phone or when you see them again.

Daniel
15th June 2007, 16:14
I haven't the faintest idea how to approach girls or what to do next. I don't find the fact I am a no-hoper who just ain't good enough funny.

The worst part about being a total no-hoper is the fact I wasn't able to get close to my first love at school to ask her out.

But surely, even it is something of a consolation prize, though I couldn't ask her out, the very fact I did have feelings for her in the first place surely makes her my offical first love?
I simply thought the words were funny. I wasn't laughing at you.......

Daniel
15th June 2007, 16:20
Ah but are you sure you were in Love with her though? You get all sorts of funny feelings when your in love, you constantly miss them even if they're in the next room (well that's how I felt) you wanted them by yourside 24/7 you missed every little thing that they did, and you got a funny feeling inside every time you hear their voice on the phone or when you see them again.

Believe me you can get that feeling about anything. I got teary when my PoS Audi got taken away and I absolutely despised that car. Emotions are ****ing irritating things and do not necessarily indicate what you're actually thinking.

306 Cosworth
15th June 2007, 16:25
Well tis how I felt about Sarah :p :

Daniel
15th June 2007, 16:30
Fair enough :) not trying to say otherwise. You'll learn though that emotions are not logical things. For example you can be in an abusive relationship and be aware of it but do nothing about it :crazy:

306 Cosworth
15th June 2007, 16:34
Well I hope that doesn't happen :erm:

oily oaf
15th June 2007, 17:14
Fair enough :) not trying to say otherwise. You'll learn though that emotions are not logical things. For example you can be in an abusive relationship and be aware of it but do nothing about it :crazy:

I'm in an abusve relationship Dan.
Last American Independence Day Mrs Oaf came home early and caught me watching "Seahunt" with me strides round me ankles and going at it full pelt with a Lay Zee Boy vacuum pump.
It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to inform you that I was killed instantly.

jim mcglinchey
15th June 2007, 17:27
I remember I was unceremoniously dumped by a raven haired beauty whom I adored. I was devastated, but a man older and wiser than me cheered me up with the following words of wisdom.

"Its better to have loved and lost...than to have spent your whole life w+nking" and its true!

N. Jones
15th June 2007, 19:56
Don't know what to say... love is a tricky thing. I think you will get over it but the memories will always be there.

Please, just don't do what a friend of my brother's as done since...god... at least 10 years:

After a girl that he was dating for a year or so dumped him he decided never to wear anything but black.
Oh, my wife told me that when she broke up with someone she used to listen to a bunch of love songs and cry all of the emotions out. Then she was ready to face the world... :erm: can't say if that would work with a man though...

RaikkonenRules
15th June 2007, 21:23

Don't be so hard on yourself SEATFreak. Remeber like BJB's sig says there's nothing a few pints cannot do. ;)

Dan try seeing things from his point of view. I've had times when I felt unwanted and often took offense when it wasn't ment. Thankfully I've gotten over it now. :)

RaikkonenRules
15th June 2007, 21:27
I'm in an abusve relationship Dan.
Last American Independence Day Mrs Oaf came home early and caught me watching "Seahunt" with me strides round me ankles and going at it full pelt with a Lay Zee Boy vacuum pump.
It gives me no pleasure whatsoever to inform you that I was killed instantly.

Oh oh we have a ghost among us! :eek:

SEATFreak
16th June 2007, 19:37

Well, if that is the standard that the mere identification and aknowledgement of love is set by then who can say has ever been in love? I mean can you or anyone honestly say that does really happen?

What about yearning to be with that person constantly, thinking about that person constantly or experiencing your heart rate increase? Those deffinitely were felt I would say.
With my first love the first two were certainly true, and today I saw for the first time in about 2 months a girl by the name of Lorraine of about my age but a bit taller and a whole lot cuter in appeareance and warmer in nature that I was fond of on my last course that I finished in April. She was involved in getting us on the course on work placements by liasing with employees and giving them a good reference about us. The moment I spotted her in a card shop my heart raced ten to the dozen.

What were those feelings if not love? This Lorraine is happily married so I don't intend to make a move on her anytime in the next millennium (purely platonic we are) but I don't see why I can't be atleast fond of her.

I simply thought the words were funny. I wasn't laughing at you.......

Deep inside I know you were. ;)

Don't be so hard on yourself SEATFreak. Remeber like BJB's sig says there's nothing a few pints cannot do. ;)

Well first of all I may be a tee-totaller :) , but thanks for the advice. I believe that is the first time anyone has supported me in that way.

TBBH I am in a bit of a mix right now. I do seem to hit it of well with girls once I begin, I mean they aren't exactly repuled by me (I a positive a girl wolf-whistled me in ASDA on monday!), but although I aknowledge I am not butt-ugly (Once I sort out my appearance), I look at the guys that most appeal and I do feel pangs of inferiority.

Brown, Jon Brow
16th June 2007, 22:59

I like to be of help :up:

Deep inside I know you were. ;)

I can see the funny side of what was said.

. Went in there and gave it a whack.

Whacking someone you fancy isn't the best plan and it begs the question, what were you going to whack them with? :erm:

millencolin
17th June 2007, 06:26
it was a mild spring night.... i was at my mates house...

she was short and stocky... brown skin while wearing yellow clothing... and she doesnt cost much on a night out

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/joshsrandomcrap/xxxx_gold_large.jpg

the moment that sweet sweet amber ale touched my lips i knew i was in love. Sure other beers have come and gone... some are more of the 'fancy' type, others bring out the man in you more by getting you drunk at a faster rate... but i always return to my first beer, and first true love... XXXX Gold

SEATFreak
17th June 2007, 08:45
Whacking someone you fancy isn't the best plan and it begs the question, what were you going to whack them with? :erm:

My rythm stick! What else!?

I take it you have heard of that song "hit me with your rythm stick"? :erm:

RaikkonenRules
17th June 2007, 10:19
it was a mild spring night.... i was at my mates house...

she was short and stocky... brown skin while wearing yellow clothing... and she doesnt cost much on a night out

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e207/joshsrandomcrap/xxxx_gold_large.jpg

the moment that sweet sweet amber ale touched my lips i knew i was in love. Sure other beers have come and gone... some are more of the 'fancy' type, others bring out the man in you more by getting you drunk at a faster rate... but i always return to my first beer, and first true love... XXXX Gold

I see beer companies have been brainwahing you into advertising. :p :

306 Cosworth
17th June 2007, 22:26
Surprised none of the forum Women have commented here!

Daniel
17th June 2007, 22:28
I don't think they'd have much different to say :mark: Give it time (I know that's easy for everyone else to say) and it'll work out for the best :)

stevie_gerrard
17th June 2007, 22:35

I can understand that mate, and i bet it does hurt a lot, it's not nice for anyone, so i can understand the pain you went through, but i'm about 90% sure that won't happen for us two. It just feels so right for both of us, like it's meant to be. we both love each other, and thats FACT.

I'm willing to buy you a pint if it fails but thanks for the warning :p :

306 Cosworth
17th June 2007, 22:43
I can understand that mate, and i bet it does hurt a lot, it's not nice for anyone, so i can understand the pain you went through, but i'm about 90% sure that won't happen for us two. It just feels so right for both of us, like it's meant to be. we both love each other, and thats FACT.

I'm willing to buy you a pint if it fails but thanks for the warning :p :

That's exactly how I felt and how I thought she felt! But ah well, as Daniel said i'll give it time and see how things go.

Oh and i'll hold you to that Pint as your going to Uni ust 30 mins up the road from me :p :

Daniel
18th June 2007, 09:58
That's exactly how I felt and how I thought she felt! But ah well, as Daniel said i'll give it time and see how things go.

Oh and i'll hold you to that Pint as your going to Uni ust 30 mins up the road from me :p :
The thing is if she's gone off with someone else so soon (like my first girlfriend did!) then she's not worth thinking about :)

306 Cosworth
18th June 2007, 12:43
Yea I suppose your right, I mean she obviously doesn't give a to$$ about me so why should I care about her? I mean I shredded all the letters and cards she sent me too when I was drunk one night :laugh: Don't regret it either.

Daniel
18th June 2007, 12:52
Yea I suppose your right, I mean she obviously doesn't give a to$$ about me so why should I care about her? I mean I shredded all the letters and cards she sent me too when I was drunk one night :laugh: Don't regret it either.
That's the spirit! :)

Bezza
18th June 2007, 19:42
Jenny, Jenny, Jenny. She was well fit at the time and she's even fitter now! In fact, saw her on Saturday and was well impressed I once went out with her! There was still mutual attraction as well.

306 you'll be fine. The solution - a few pints and a dancefloor.

jso1985
19th June 2007, 00:11

:D :up:

wonder what ever happened to Carolina... thanks for opening an old scar :( :p :

306 Cosworth
19th June 2007, 21:21
306 you'll be fine. The solution - a few pints and a dancefloor.

That's the plan for my 18th!

johnny shell
20th June 2007, 15:57
I think it's important to feel the pain, and not to try to bury it.

if you bury it, you'll be burying a part of yourself that might not ever come back out.

just try to live one day at a time and you will slowly start to find things to fill the void. just be careful to find quality things to fill the void and not things like drinking too much or sleeping around or things like that. (well maybe just a bit of both)

but generally speaking those things will just lead to problems down the road. plus no decent girl will want you if you're a drunken strip club loving mess!

you'll love again. if you just focus on taking good care of yourself, and living minute-to-minute, then the rest will take care of itself :)

Brown, Jon Brow
20th June 2007, 16:30
It began little over a week ago.

I took them out for the 1st time last Monday night. The first impressions were brilliant, a beautiful body, plenty of character the right image, you know everything was there.

Over the course of the last week I've taken them out several more times and every time I approach her my heart rate increases, and every time I touch her the hair on the back of my neck sticks up. :erm:

When it gets down to the physical stuff, she's the best I've had. I'd never enjoyed it as much or got as much pleasure before.

Once more it is worry free, as she came with a 3 year warranty ;)

"Spirito de Punto"

306 Cosworth
20th June 2007, 22:26
Nice one BJB :p : :laugh:

tannat
20th June 2007, 22:57
:D :up:

wonder what ever happened to Carolina... thanks for opening an old scar :( :p :

The dutch girl?

She got smart... and left you :p

LeonBrooke
21st June 2007, 00:11
The thing is if she's gone off with someone else so soon (like my first girlfriend did!) then she's not worth thinking about :)

I have to say I've lost count of the number of times people have said things like this to me. It may be true, but it doesn't really make one feel better.

306 Cosworth
21st June 2007, 12:51
Yea I agree with you there Leon, but you have to move on at the end of the day don't you?! I've got more important things to worry about anyway like my driving test on Monday :uhoh:

FrankenSchwinn
21st June 2007, 12:54
my first and only true love has always been myself, so.....

CharlieJ
21st June 2007, 13:59
Just hope it lasts.................. :rolleyes:

Ian McC
21st June 2007, 20:44

...no room for anyone else :p :

lilmelvschilton
22nd June 2007, 16:24
my first true love was a guy called richard orrley this was back in primary school when i wer about 8ish, i loved him to bits until he ended it with me :(

306 Cosworth
22nd June 2007, 16:39
I don't think you can really know what love is at the age of 8/9.

CharlieJ
22nd June 2007, 19:03
I don't think you can really know what love is at the age of 8/9.
I thought I knew at 18... but I was wrong. :confused:

I thought I knew at 28... I think I was still wrong. :(

38..... I think I'd sorted it out. :p

jso1985
23rd June 2007, 04:01
The dutch girl?

She got smart... and left you :p

hell no! I was too much for her and she couldn't handle me :p :, anyway Coseth wasn't a love for me...

why the hell do I keep telling my personal life on the simulations forum? :s

306 Cosworth
23rd June 2007, 21:37
I thought I knew at 18... but I was wrong. :confused:

I thought I knew at 28... I think I was still wrong. :(

38..... I think I'd sorted it out. :p

Well let me say I deffinetly knew at 16!

LeonBrooke
24th June 2007, 07:25
In my opinion, love is what it is. If you feel it, as defined by you, then you know what it is. Therefore, one can know what love is at any age. The definition may change as their experience changes, but it's always love.

306 Cosworth
24th June 2007, 17:56
Yea I suppose your right there.

Bezza
24th June 2007, 22:53
306, I kinda know how you feel now.

Bezza doesn't fancy many girls properly, beyond a night out, as he tends to find the ones without personality! However, met one girl in February. Been chasing her since then, not rebuffed but not accepted, so in limbo - says she's going on holiday and when she comes back will be able to come out with me, long story on why she couldn't see me prior to hol but anyway - comes back from hol and yes you've guessed it - met a guy and is now going out with him. She's in Preston and he's in Newcastle so how on earth that will work I don't know, but anyways I'm gutted, annoyed and frustrated. What a great way to start the week.

Just have that feeling of "can't be bothered" its hard to explain. I can't be bothered going to work, going out with friends or talking to anyone! I don't even want to go out and actually meet someone else. Whats this feeling because it was different the other times, I was the one who ended the relationship.

Wheres Andrea when you need her, I could with her advice!!!

Quattroporte
25th June 2007, 02:00
Just have that feeling of "can't be bothered" its hard to explain. I can't be bothered going to work, going out with friends or talking to anyone! I don't even want to go out and actually meet someone else. Whats this feeling because it was different the other times, I was the one who ended the relationship.

Yup, I think everyone goes thru that.

306 Cosworth
25th June 2007, 11:14
That's what I went through mate.

Daniel
25th June 2007, 11:31

Wheres Andrea when you need her, I could with her advice!!!

I know the feeling. I managed to lose 2 kilos after my first girlfriend dumped me :mark: Total lack of motivation to do anything whatsoever.

Time heals all though and I've found someone nicer who isn't a cow and doesn't have any hidden reasons for going out with me!

Mark in Oshawa
25th June 2007, 19:59
Cossie, what you went through sucks. Been there, done that, I know exactly how it can physically knock the "@#$&" of you, but you will survive. Do what many have said and move on. If a woman can dump you when she knows you are crazy about her, she isn't for you.

I am of the theory that there is a perfect match for everyone. Mrs. Oaf must be Oily's match, because anyone who could live with his insanity much be in love. I know my better half must love me, because we have gone through the mill together and nothing has changed. For this love thing to work, it has to be reciprocated. Until you get a woman who is as nuts about you as you are about her, keep your powder dry and maybe stay away.

I know, you are 18 so this sounds like a lot of old guy BS but trust me, you' ll know....and then that first love will be a fond memory in time, but you will be glad you got past it....You don't forget, you just learn....