PDA

View Full Version : SPEED TV Thursday & McClaren

truefan72
14th June 2007, 21:06
Well, I must say, I am very pleased with the coverage on Speed TV. All the drivers are coming out and are being interviewed and for the most poart things are runnig smoothly.

It really seems that not all is well at McClaren.
Every team has come out with both drivers and two seats to share the podium.
All except for McClaren.
First Alonso comes out and then I suppose LH will come out after him.

I wonder why this is, maybe they want to give the 2 time WDC is onw stage and then bring in the rookie sensation, but I suspect that these guys can';t really share a stage anymore.

Actually Peter Windsor tried to play it off as some scheduling conflict. Bullocks!

N. Jones
14th June 2007, 21:17
They are doing that because of what happened in 2005. It is a special situation to try and appease/bring in a larger audience in the US.

I just wish they would do that at every grand prix. I think I would "open" up the drivers and make things a little more personal.

Oh - and it's McLaren. You better fix that before Dave Brockman sees it! :D

truefan72
14th June 2007, 21:22
Yes, McLaren

They did bring out the drivers seperately. For sure, there's a lack of harmony in the team. Two camps are building and RD will have to play peacekeeper.

Both drivers did a good job and thank god they removed D. Daly from the interviews.

N. Jones
14th June 2007, 21:30
The McL boys didn't come out together, eh? Somebody is feeling the heat I guess....
I knew I should have recorded the broadcast!

trumperZ06
14th June 2007, 21:45
[quote="N. Jones"]They are doing that because of what happened in 2005. It is a special situation to try and appease/bring in a larger audience in the US.

:D BINGO !!! :D

:p : After the FIAsco put on by F-1 in 2005, Formula 1 does NOT appeal to the average sports fan over here. Bernie & Tony are attempting to generate interest... with little success.

:dozey: This really is a poor weekend for F-1 to try to tempt U S viewers into watching their Circus. We have the U S Open (golf), NA$CAR @ Michigan with the Earnhardt Jr. saga, maybe the Championship finals in pro basketball, and pennant races in baseball, filling the airways.

Bernie's veiled threats to move Formula 1 out of the United States is falling on deaf ears.

It's only importance is to Bernie & Tony George... the average fan here... doesn't consider it to be a Major Sports event.

It will be interesting to check the viewer ratings for the Indy F-1 race next week. Especially comparing their viewership to other sporting events.

N. Jones
14th June 2007, 22:28
True, but what other time could they hold the GP? It seems only natural to hold it around the same time as Canada so the teams don't have to travel to North America twice. I can only imagine that once Mexico is ready to hold their GP that we will see the three of them in a row (I guess Canada-USA-Mexico). I highly doubt that the Canadian GP will want to move away from its normal early/mid June date.

call_me_andrew
14th June 2007, 22:48
I believe last year the North American races were run in late June/early July. It was nice to watch races at Daytona and Indy in the same weekend, and it took NASCAR out of the ratings competition.

Dave B
15th June 2007, 00:11
Oh - and it's McLaren. You better fix that before Dave Brockman sees it! :D
Too late ;)

call_me_andrew
15th June 2007, 04:49
If you can't remember it, just call it Big Mac.

mstillhere
15th June 2007, 05:30
Well, I must say, I am very pleased with the coverage on Speed TV.

I HATE THEIR COMMENTATORS. They ALWAYS make fun of everyone on the track except for THEIR protege's. No ONCE have they said any thing negative about the british teams nor drivers. Their favorite target? FERRARI. I whish they knew that without FERRARI, they would not have a job, since without Ferrari there would not be F 1. They MUST be on RD payroll. I PASSIONATELY HATE THEM. I whish I had an option.

blakebeatty
15th June 2007, 06:15
I dare says that this driver interview thing is basically an offshoot of what Speed does in their coverage of *GASP* NASCAR.... Surely none of us pretentious formula one fans could enjoy that...

wmcot
15th June 2007, 07:59
I HATE THEIR COMMENTATORS. They ALWAYS make fun of everyone on the track except for THEIR protege's. No ONCE have they said any thing negative about the british teams nor drivers. Their favorite target? FERRARI. I whish they knew that without FERRARI, they would not have a job, since without Ferrari there would not be F 1. They MUST be on RD payroll. I PASSIONATELY HATE THEM. I whish I had an option.

Which commentators are they using this year? I haven't seen the interviews since I don't get SPEED at my home.

Wilderness
15th June 2007, 14:59
Varsha, Hobbs, Matchett and Peter Windsor. Hobbs and Windsor are viased to the britons, but that's no surprise (they bailed off the Bunson bandwagon the minute Hamilton came in). Matchett is a cut above and that's before considering his technical knowledge.

All and all, they are the best broadcast team we've ever had in the US. I still remember the days we had to listen to Rick DeBruhl, John Watson and John Bisignano...

wedge
15th June 2007, 15:19
I think the Brits would love to have Steve Matchett. I enjoy his articles on speed.com/F1 Racing magazine.

mstillhere
16th June 2007, 03:15
Speed vision is an American TV station. If you want to be on TV and you are british, try to keep that for yourself, mindfull of the fact that here in the USA people of British origin are, say, less plentfull that they used to be. People watching F1 are coming from any kind of ethnic background and listening the word "LEWIS" here and LEWIS" there a BILLION time and deriding any other driver who makes the slightest mistake, I find it very offensive. That's, of course, without mentioning all the mistakes they continously make, starting fron not knowing who is who. I bet you they don't even know the colors of the helmets worn by all the drivers. I hate them.
PS I know I might be exagerating a "tad", but I really loath them. Their bias makes me sick.

GP-M3
16th June 2007, 03:21
...and thank god they removed D. Daly from the interviews.

No kidding.. that guy was a joke. His interview with Kimi was embarrasing. <sigh>