PDA

View Full Version : French president, is he drunk or not?

ioan
14th June 2007, 10:16
Hi all,

I hope this wasn't already posted, at least it wasn't on the first page in here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wk2p0WmjyE&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Ehotnews%2Ero%2Farticol%5F7 5431%2DPresedintele%2DNicolas%2DSarkozy%2D%2527euf oric%2527%2Ddupa%2Dintalnirea%2Dcu%2DPutin%2Ehtm

He looks like he did drink at least a little vodka with Putin, but, after waiting for 2 days before commenting on it, the French press says he was just tired after he had to hurry not to be late at his conference! Yeah right! :D

What do you think?
Was he tired or was he under the influence of the alcohol?

jso1985
14th June 2007, 20:01
looks drunk to me.

but what worries me more is that the speech was censored by the goverment in France, right?

Drew
14th June 2007, 20:52
It looks like a whole mixture of things. Like he's just been told a hilarious joke and can't keep quiet, it looks like he's also very nervous and of course, drunk.

Apparently a Belgian tv channel had to apoligise for saying he was drunk

That would be funny to see though, Tony Blair extremely drunk doing a press conference.

306 Cosworth
14th June 2007, 20:55
Deffinetly drunk :laugh: or yeah as Drew said about the Joke, looks like he's trying to contain it.

ioan
18th June 2007, 20:21
looks drunk to me.

but what worries me more is that the speech was censored by the goverment in France, right?

Well, they waited for 2 days before writing about it in the papers, and that's because that Belgian TV cause else they wouldn't have said a word to the "peuple"! And even when they said something it was that he was only tired and that the Belgians should take care about their own alcoholic ministers before they attack the French president.

A great display of how free the mass-media is in France, and also how more important nationalism is than public image of the country! :s

Zico
18th June 2007, 20:32
Looked tipsy.. but also way out of breath, sprinting?.... or just taken a drag from the Bong?

:D

René
18th June 2007, 21:24
Yes he was drunk ! :laugh: Sarkosy don't drink any alcool at normal time but with poutine he will learn soon.
About the french's media they didn't write about it because any french reporter was not there at this time. They was blocked inside the trafic road and they arrive late at the briefing center of Heiligendamm. It's the first reason why this story was reported later in France.
Not because the french's government make censure on it. (dixit Richard Werly from LE TEMPS.CH)

ioan
19th June 2007, 12:36
Yes he was drunk ! :laugh: Sarkosy don't drink any alcool at normal time but with poutine he will learn soon.
About the french's media they didn't write about it because any french reporter was not there at this time. They was blocked inside the trafic road and they arrive late at the briefing center of Heiligendamm. It's the first reason why this story was reported later in France.
Not because the french's government make censure on it. (dixit Richard Werly from LE TEMPS.CH)

Are those French reporters traveling all together in the same car?
And even if it were true that they were all caught in traffic, it took them 2 days to report about their president at his first high level Summit. Sorry I don't buy it!

René
19th June 2007, 15:46
Are those French reporters traveling all together in the same car?
And even if it were true that they were all caught in traffic, it took them 2 days to report about their president at his first high level Summit. Sorry I don't buy it!

Not in same car but the organisation had changed the meeting place at the last time because the big demonstration by altermondialist was everywhere.
and only few reporter can go by the sea.
And before to show any picture and video all real and professional reporter must be sure about the reality of it.
Just for your information France is free country, for everybody include the média.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/philippeleroyer/sets/72157600306089682/detail/

ioan
19th June 2007, 16:14
Just for your information France is free country, for everybody include the média.

Well, I live in France since 2000, so I know exactly how things work around here! ;)

I still say that 2 days was to long, and if it wasn't for the Belgian TV that transmitted that video I believe that the French would have not said a word about it.