PDA

View Full Version : Any new entries or rumours for Oulton ?

cpearson
13th June 2007, 09:42
as above.....

Gone a bit quiet on new entries....nearly half way point also.

CroftPilgrim
13th June 2007, 12:39
Weren't Xero hoping to be out by Oulton?

racerm5
13th June 2007, 12:48
Just to let you know that we are testing at silverstone on friday so all being well there then we will be back in the 120d...
thanks Rick Kerry

CroftPilgrim
13th June 2007, 12:53
That's cool Rick! We missed you at Croft! Good to know your planned return is on track (no pun intended).

VkmSpouge
13th June 2007, 13:08
Hope you are back there, Rick. I think Adam Jones is back racing at Oulton Park as well.

Alfa Fan
13th June 2007, 13:15
Should be all 26 drivers currently registered with the series at Oulton. Apart from maybe Eoin Murray actually...

tisme
13th June 2007, 13:29
So Nick Leason should be back then?

If Xero appear, that will be 4 Lexus.

Alfa Fan
13th June 2007, 13:31
That was the plan last time I heard, although I did have doubts.

tisme
13th June 2007, 13:34
That was the plan last time I heard, although I did have doubts.
About?

SEATFreak
13th June 2007, 13:36
Just to let you know that we are testing at silverstone on friday so all being well there then we will be back in the 120d...
thanks Rick Kerry

Great news. The lack of your presence was visible at Croft Rick. I missed that famous yellow and white diesel powered BMW 120d.

I know people will scream the usual at me; "it is not your place to know", "You should let Rick get on with what they do" and "there you go again, causing trouble!" but why isn't their a rear wing? Was it a concious decision not to fix one on?

And btw, I am honestly not assuming Rick will not be carrying one for Oulton. All being well that is.

AlexD
13th June 2007, 13:45
Great news! Seatfreak, I don't think the wing would do as much on that car, but here's a picture of one anyway. Doesn't look quite as good...
http://www.automobilsport.com/upload/berutop10/huertgenoschersl1.jpg

ATF
14th June 2007, 21:49
Should be all 26 drivers currently registered with the series at Oulton. Apart from maybe Eoin Murray actually...

How come?

Allyc85
14th June 2007, 22:02
cheers for the update rick.

I really hope all the updates and hard work the teams have put in works out for the best :)

Robinho
15th June 2007, 13:03
the rear wing for the BMW hasn't been approved/homologated yet, hence the lack of one so far, i believe they plan to have one fitted once an S2000 spec wing for the BMW120 has been approved from what i've read before

SEATFreak
15th June 2007, 13:46
How come?

I don't think I was at the area(s) where it happened but Eoin got a DNF in both races 1 and 2 at Croft (all on lap 4) so must have eiter encountered problems or went out. In any case could not get out for race 3.

the rear wing for the BMW hasn't been approved/homologated yet, hence the lack of one so far, i believe they plan to have one fitted once an S2000 spec wing for the BMW120 has been approved from what i've read before

Why has one not been approved yet? Why does it have to differ from a rear wing on any other model? The pic AlexD posted had a racing BMW 120 (what looks like the DTM) with one fitted.

Since it seems possible for most things to happen in touring cars can't AFM buy one from the team that runs the 120 in AlexD's post?

Captain VXR
15th June 2007, 16:10
I don't think I was at the area(s) where it happened but Eoin got a DNF in both races 1 and 2 at Croft (all on lap 4) so must have eiter encountered problems or went out. In any case could not get out for race 3.

Why has one not been approved yet? Why does it have to differ from a rear wing on any other model? The pic AlexD posted had a racing BMW 120 (what looks like the DTM) with one fitted.

Since it seems possible for most things to happen in touring cars can't AFM buy one from the team that runs the 120 in AlexD's post?

They did - the BMW in the picure is from the VLN endurance series and the S2000 120d is derived from the VLN one :)

PDS
15th June 2007, 18:23
The 120d was seen with a rear wing at Silverstone today.
According to Rick all went well in testing, he could have done with less rain, but the wing is expected to stay for Oulton Park.

Captain VXR
16th June 2007, 09:27
Any pictures?

ADnet
16th June 2007, 17:20
There's a picture on the btcc.net relevant news article, looks complete! Love Ricks quote from btcc.net:

"To be honest, it’s still in the wrong place – at the moment it’s keeping the dirt of the rear window,” he joked, “but it’ll be re-positioned for Oulton to have an affect."

Captain VXR
17th June 2007, 11:05
yeah saw it after I posted, suits the car