PDA

View Full Version : Alto Evolution squad withdraw from Misano

Mach24
11th June 2007, 23:15
I read in an Austalian website that Alto Evo Honda running both Josh Brookes and Karl Muggeridge have pulled out of the Misano round of the WSBK with a view to returning the following round.

I have yet to source any information to back this up.

Does anyone have more info?

If this is the case it underlines the difficult climate funding a team in WSBK.

tha_jackal
12th June 2007, 01:00
Afraid its a bit more than a funding issue:-

Have a read of this report: Bikes stolen, driver Kidnapped at gunpoint (http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/sport/sportresults/mcn/2007/june/june11-18/jun1107trucktheftandkidnappingruleoutaltoevolution-/?R=EPI-91901)

Sounds a tad iffy, but theyre obviously having some sort of internal team dramas..

patnicholls
12th June 2007, 21:07
Crikey.

Mind you, Rizla Suzuki had a similar thing last year in BSB, some <morons> stole their bikes and they were eventually recovered from some <muck> in a barn.

Mach24
19th June 2007, 06:19
Aussie Josh Brookes has parted company with Alto Evolution.

Josh has shown glimpses of his talent in the first part of the season and can hopefully find a competitive ride for the rest of the season.

Makes it difficult with the likes of West, Pitt, Martin and Brookes all looking for work.

NinjaMaster
19th June 2007, 09:39
It seems to be either really great to be an Aussie rider at the moment or really suckful. It has been a really difficult start to Josh's international career leaving his supersport team midway through last year when they weren't happy with his results (only to hire a rider who was less competitive) to join a superbike team that was less than also-ran to finish the season. This season looked promising with more competitive machinery and backing only for it to fall apart in bizarre circumstances. Makes it difficult to really all ow star to shine.

Mach24
19th June 2007, 09:46
It seems to be either really great to be an Aussie rider at the moment or really suckful. It has been a really difficult start to Josh's international career leaving his supersport team midway through last year when they weren't happy with his results (only to hire a rider who was less competitive) to join a superbike team that was less than also-ran to finish the season. This season looked promising with more competitive machinery and backing only for it to fall apart in bizarre circumstances. Makes it difficult to really all ow star to shine.

Brooksey is an absolute star, he certainly has a WSBK championship in him and if he does it early enough who knows from there.

Also leaves me wondering about Mugga's future?

The Phantom
19th June 2007, 17:42
It seems to be either really great to be an Aussie rider at the moment or really suckful.

Too many Aussies out there trying to make it at the international level? Not all of them are going to shine... I imagine there are plenty of European riders who are experiencing the same level of struggle as the Alto team riders, but we don't really follow their travails as much as we do the Skippys : )

NinjaMaster
20th June 2007, 12:20
Too many Aussies out there trying to make it at the international level? Not all of them are going to shine... I imagine there are plenty of European riders who are experiencing the same level of struggle as the Alto team riders, but we don't really follow their travails as much as we do the Skippys : )
Yeah, not complaining, it just seems if a team falls over, it seems to be the ones fielding Aussies. Sadly a pretty good example of why so many teams go for riders who bring a swag of money with them.
What chance of Josh Brookes filling in for Wests fill in ride for Yamaha in WSS? :)

tha_jackal
20th June 2007, 12:36
Yeah, not complaining, it just seems if a team falls over, it seems to be the ones fielding Aussies. Sadly a pretty good example of why so many teams go for riders who bring a swag of money with them.
What chance of Josh Brookes filling in for Wests fill in ride for Yamaha in WSS? :)

Brookesy will be competing with Steve Martin and Pitty for that one..

Mach24
28th June 2007, 01:02
I read a few weeks back that Josh Brookes was looking for the vacant seat at Yamaha Germany (WSS).

I think Brooksey would be a fine choice.

Anyone heard anymore?

The Phantom
28th June 2007, 01:16
Matt, where are you???

Mach24
28th June 2007, 06:00
I read a few weeks back that Josh Brookes was looking for the vacant seat at Yamaha Germany (WSS).

I think Brooksey would be a fine choice.

Anyone heard anymore?

I may have answered my own question. It appears Steve Martin is on the Yamaha at the current Brno tire testing!!!!!!!!!!

The Phantom
28th June 2007, 07:18
Yeah spotted that in the mcnews.com.au article. Good stuff!

Although I have to say I liked him in the commentary booth with Jonathan Green - Martin certainly has a natural talent as a commentator. Hope he goes down that path when he does retire...

So back to Brookes - perhaps he can go to the Foggy MV Agusta team? Start testing with them now through to year's end and be ready for a full season next year?

tha_jackal
28th June 2007, 08:30
Yeah spotted that in the mcnews.com.au article. Good stuff!

Although I have to say I liked him in the commentary booth with Jonathan Green - Martin certainly has a natural talent as a commentator. Hope he goes down that path when he does retire...

So back to Brookes - perhaps he can go to the Foggy MV Agusta team? Start testing with them now through to year's end and be ready for a full season next year?

I read an interview with Josh in AMCN and it appears he is just going to be doing what Steve Martin has been doing for a portion of this year. Rocking up to GP rounds and looking for available seats (either through injury or bad performance etc.)

He said theres a few possibilities for rides to see out the rest of the year in WSS (one yamaha ride and another as Craig Jones' teammate) but what struck me was that Josh said hes not going home and that hes worked to hard to quit now and hes gonna stick at it. Thats the Aussie never say die attitude :up:

Good luck to the bloke, he definately has the talent.. He also said Westys wins in WSS had encouraged him to stick around and try his best to get his arse aboard a good steed, his time in the Alto squad sounds, quite honestly, to be nothing other than a complete farce.