PDA

View Full Version : Wilky, a true sportsman!

Chigley
11th June 2007, 21:45
Many, many congtatulations to Pete Wilkinson for demonstrating again that the PuT are the pinacle of British motorsport. His act of true sportsmanship should be echoed around the whole country, and many, many drivers and sporting professionals should learn from unsung heroes like Pete. I doubt if there are more than a dozen like him in motorsport, (outside of our PuT and SCSA drivers).

I have only immense admiration for gestures like this:
Race two report (http://www.pickuptruckracing.com/index.php?id=59,270,0,0,1,0)

Lap three saw a safety car caution after a collision between Steve Dobbs and Gavin Seager. At the restart Wilky missed a gear which meant that Mark Willis had to break ranks - the officials then awarded Mark a ten second penalty.

The story does not end there though as Pete Wilkinson went to the officials to tell them about his missed gear which quashed Willis's 10 second penalty. Considering that Wilky would have been the main benefactor of Mark's penalty this is seen as a very sporting gesture.

Congratulations Pete. :champion:

Ian
:) :) :)

Tiesse
12th June 2007, 06:59
What a refreshing change to the win at all costs mentality. Well done!

Abo
12th June 2007, 08:20
Which is one of the reasons why I like working for him...

Nick Brad
12th June 2007, 12:15
I really get on well with Pete, he always has a smile on his face and is such a friendly bloke. I'm not surprised by this showing of sportsmanship, Pete epitomises the family atmosphere that is so talked about in the pickups.