PDA

View Full Version : Quick Nick deserves a mention too

Spoonbender
11th June 2007, 16:02
A fantastic weekend for Nick Heidfeld as well. Qualifying in third and finishing in second is a major achievement. I know we've ll been saying the Ferari's were no where to be seen, but second really is the best of all the rest. It seems to me that after Kubica came in part way through last season, it was a wake-up call for Nick, and he's siezed the moment so far this season. He has 26 points to Roberts 12. That BMW is just going to keep improving, I can see a win this year. Don't laugh, Jenson did it with Honda in Hungary!!

ioan
11th June 2007, 16:29
Yep, a very fine performance from Nick, and I might ad BMW also.
Nick is getting closer and closer to that new BMW contract. To be honest BMW would be idiots not to resign him on the evidence provided so far this season.

rohanweb
11th June 2007, 17:17
Yes.. fantastic performance from Nick..it was nice to see BMW was matching the times of LH at times.he really does try hard, and deserve to win races,
i bet he will make it soon..

rohanweb
11th June 2007, 17:20
so what about Mark webber.. till his last pit stop, I think webber drove a very good race too..pity the guy is unlucky!

Corny
11th June 2007, 17:28
for sure webber had bad luck! first he spun, OK that's his own faulth, but he was lying on podium positions most of the time after that..
too bad for him

jens
11th June 2007, 17:32
I have always thought that Nick deserved a top seat. When Räikkönen was driving for McLaren and Heidfeld in crap Saubers and Jordans, then I sometimes thought: "What if he was driving for McLaren? - he can be as good!"

Now at last he has got the car, where he can prove himself. IMO Heidi is as good as Alonso, Räikkönen, Massa, Hamilton and that bunch of top drivers. I'd imagine that many of you would react with misunderstanding - especially that group of people, who have been used to think that there are only 2-3 drivers at the "top level". I can only hope that BMW will become one of the top cars next year and he can prove all the critics wrong. He is quick, consistent, rarely makes errors, a good test driver and works hard (or as JV said - works "too much") and also is not as soft as some think he is - he destroyed Michael's suspension last year at Hungary, has made passes on Alonso and other drivers. All in all - I can't find any weakness or deficience, why Nick shouldn't become World Champion. He is simply modest, which makes him to look "soft". But appearance is illusive. ;)

ratonmacias
11th June 2007, 19:40
A fantastic weekend for Nick Heidfeld as well. Qualifying in third and finishing in second is a major achievement. I know we've ll been saying the Ferari's were no where to be seen, but second really is the best of all the rest. It seems to me that after Kubica came in part way through last season, it was a wake-up call for Nick, and he's siezed the moment so far this season. He has 26 points to Roberts 12. That BMW is just going to keep improving, I can see a win this year. Don't laugh, Jenson did it with Honda in Hungary!!

i agree that nick is having a great season and specially a great weekend. but i dont agree that kubica was a wake up call. he even said so.

its more about bmw making a great car and nick driving really well. they should resign him asap. but we will see.

ojciec dyrektor
11th June 2007, 19:44

I agree. I underrated him very much, I must say. He's one of the best on the grid. But it's better for Robert, to have such a good driver to fight with and to be compare to. And it's better to BMW to have potentialy race winner.

I'm sure that wasn't only one podium this year and I'm sure BMW will win this year.

stevie_gerrard
11th June 2007, 22:00
nick's consistency is just as good as hamilton's. did really well, and took advantage of the situation to come away with a well deserved 2nd place. He continues to be my driver of the season so far :up:

futuretiger9
11th June 2007, 22:20
so what about Mark webber.. till his last pit stop, I think webber drove a very good race too..pity the guy is unlucky!

I agree. Webber's performance has been overlooked because of all the other drama which was happening.

On the subject of Heidfeld, it will not take much for him to be able to win a race this year. He will need just a little bit of luck on his side.

Ian McC
11th June 2007, 22:53
Nick is having a great season, BMW have certainly come a long way this season.

GridGirl
11th June 2007, 23:00
I'm glad he's finally getting to drive a decent F1 car. I mean its been a while since he won F3000. Maybe at last we're going to see former F3000/F2 champions fighting it out at the front of f1. :o

Valve Bounce
12th June 2007, 03:24
I agree. I underrated him very much, I must say. He's one of the best on the grid. But it's better for Robert, to have such a good driver to fight with and to be compare to. And it's better to BMW to have potentialy race winner.

I'm sure that wasn't only one podium this year and I'm sure BMW will win this year.

I agree, and I also underrated Nick. I think (hope) that Nick will win through improvements in the BMW and also where the track conditions might suit both driver and car.

leopard
12th June 2007, 05:02
I agree, and I also underrated Nick.

Don't do it again

Ed
12th June 2007, 08:25
Agree Nick did a excellent job!!! and he derserved second place on merit as well, and not just because of the safety car periods. Great job and I am guessing that BMW have no choice but to renew his contract now

Dzeidzei
12th June 2007, 09:17
Agree Nick did a excellent job!!! and he derserved second place on merit as well, and not just because of the safety car periods. Great job and I am guessing that BMW have no choice but to renew his contract now

Nick did a good job, but what the hell is it with the new sideburns/beard? Could he look more ridiculous? I almost fell on my ass when he took off his helmet on Sunday...

I know RD defining the hair cut of his drivers is a bit too much, but come on, there should be some limits :)

Nice driving though. Maybe the beard was the secret.