PDA

View Full Version : Williams Fans Rejoice

Gannex
11th June 2007, 01:31
What a fantastic result and well done Alex and all the team. I know, if it hadn't been for the safety cars he wouldn't have done as well as he did, but the only reason the safety cars worked for Alex Wurz as well as they did is because the car was fast and reliable, the team were superbly well-organised, did a flawless pit-stop, implemented a high-risk strategy perfectly, and no one, including the vastly under-estimated Herr Wurz, made even the smallest of errors come race day. This was a performance to go down in the record books for Williams, and one of the great races of the team's illustrious history. I am celebrating tonight, and have to confess to writing this post under the influence of much excess of alcohol. But what a night! Time for Williams to rejoice!

ShiftingGears
11th June 2007, 01:35
Great result for Williams and Wurz!!! It was a phenomenal race and Williams were a big winner. I wish Webbers strategists got it right like Wurz's did. Hopefully this will turn Williams fortunes around in a big way.

ioan
11th June 2007, 02:11
What a fantastic result and well done Alex and all the team. I know, if it hadn't been for the safety cars he wouldn't have done as well as he did, but the only reason the safety cars worked for Alex Wurz as well as they did is because the car was fast and reliable, the team were superbly well-organised, did a flawless pit-stop, implemented a high-risk strategy perfectly, and no one, including the vastly under-estimated Herr Wurz, made even the smallest of errors come race day. This was a performance to go down in the record books for Williams, and one of the great races of the team's illustrious history. I am celebrating tonight, and have to confess to writing this post under the influence of much excess of alcohol. But what a night! Time for Williams to rejoice!

I'm glad you are happy Gannex! :up:
Here's to a real fan! :beer: :up:

Viv
11th June 2007, 05:42
Frankly, I thought it would be Nico who'd do better but Well done to Williams and Wurz. Great race by both of them :)

GridGirl
11th June 2007, 07:40
As a pretty much life long Williams fan, I didn;t think I would ever be so happy or exited about a 3rd place finnish. I know yesterday was a fluke race, but its a great motivation to the team. :)

aryan
11th June 2007, 08:07
Alex got on the podium on his only race in 2005 with McLaren as well, didn't he?

Cheers to Alex and Willimas. Hope this stroke of luck can turn into genuine pace soon! :)

seppefan
11th June 2007, 08:49
Well done Williams!! Great result and they were in the right place to take advantage of others problems ( like Rosberg ! ). My number one team and fantastic for Alex who had a lousy Saturday blaming himself for his poor performance. What goes around comes around and Wurz's third place is exactly that as he is 0.75 secs per lap slower than Rosberg as a rule however got the podium. One of the few straight talking guys in the pits and always amusing and intelligent and honest.Yes nonest in F1 !! I feel that Williams is a home to him and expect him to sadly stand down at the end of the year but become a Williams advisor.

Ninse
11th June 2007, 09:27
I think that williams and overall Alex needs so much this podium, the team are working very well in the start of the season, for all the williams fans itīs an excenllent result!!!!

I hope that Niko Will be in the podium in this season, He is winning this right!!!.

Donney
11th June 2007, 09:49
Great result for Williams, hopefully this will help to bring more cash to the team.

:up:

leopard
11th June 2007, 09:59
Great result for Williams, hopefully this will help to bring more cash to the team.

:up:
firstly thought you teased by saying bring more crash :D

Good result for williams, how to explain this year that customer cars like williams and aguri are better than the factory teams.

wedge
11th June 2007, 13:18
Great result for Frank and co. They're definitely moving in the right direction with a good midfield car that can get points more consistantly this year.

N. Jones
11th June 2007, 13:34
Wurz did take third at Imola in '05 but that was after the BAR-Honda's were disqualified. Removing that finish he hasn't stood on a podium since 1999!

It was a great race and a great strategy. I am just surprised that he could stay up there with that damaged rear wing!

jens
11th June 2007, 15:09
Not wanting to interrupt the party, but this must be one of the luckiest podiums I have ever seen. Alex was nowhere before the SC's started appearing and in "normal conditions" (even with the old SC rules!) it would have been quite unlikely to see him even scoring points.

On the other hand I have to praise the strategy of Williams. Unlike Honda, Toyota and Red Bull they didn't mess it up at the end of the race and made a clear one-stop strategy - this shows team's experience! Wurz made his only stop on Lap30, yes, and that was a clear "safety car strategy". If there hadn't been any more SC sessions, Wurz would have had no chance, so Williams's and Wurz's only hope was that there would be as many SC's as possible and for their own sake it really went that way.

I feel sorry for Rosberg. He was clearly beating Wurz that weekend and was running in Top5 in the race, only to lose all chances of achieving anything thanks to making his scheduled stop on the same lap when the SC came out and therefore got penalized. Oh, damn rules...

Removing that finish he hasn't stood on a podium since 1999!

Since 1997. ;)

trumperZ06
11th June 2007, 16:01
:D CONGRATS to Gannex for such loyalty !!!

Just a thought... what is your current beverage of Choice? Seems to be working rather well !!!

;) I'm sure Frank & company are pleased to get back on a podium again after being lost and wandering in the wildernes....

But I don't think Sunday's results will make any of the top ten lists of race achievements for Williams.

stevie_gerrard
11th June 2007, 21:58
For such a Crazy race, i cant believe it was wurz who ended up taking 3rd :p : i'm still not convinced by him, but he did really well considering he was near the back with heikki, who also did a stella job amongst the carnage.