PDA

View Full Version : The Stig

mattie007
10th June 2007, 23:13
I have it on good authority that 'The Stig' is a current BTCC driver...
I didn't believe it myself until I saw a picture, but it could of been a stunt by the driver!
Try and guess who it is/might be!

BeansBeansBeans
10th June 2007, 23:38
Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh, I'm sick of these rumours.

Black Stig - Perry McCarthy

White Stig - Ben Collins

Occasional other Stigs - (Darren Turner - Aston Martin DBR9, Heikki Kovalainen - Renault R24...etc)

Brown, Jon Brow
11th June 2007, 09:32
Chilton

Northern Monkey
11th June 2007, 09:38
The Stig is not a BTCC driver

AlexD
11th June 2007, 11:30
not Richard Marsh!

SEATFreak
11th June 2007, 13:26
I have it on good authority that 'The Stig' is a current BTCC driver...

Can you name the "authority"?

But does it not all depends on what we know of The Stig's height? I mean Chilton has been quoted but their is no way it can be him if Tom is, hypothecially speaking, a good 7inches or whatever highter or smaller.

Anyway, how big a deal is it who we know to be The Stig? I have yet to loose a nights sleep over it and I am sure if I had begun something similar in terms of "importance" people would be screaming at me "What does it matter SEATFreak! There you go again, creating problems that aren't there!"

Brown, Jon Brow
11th June 2007, 16:59
There are some videos on Vauxhalls website that are filmed at the Top Gear test track. That explains my Chilton - Stig link.

mattie007
11th June 2007, 18:32
Sorry, didn't mean to upset anyone!
I was told it was Jason Plato by someone who was doing some filming at Silverstone.
Top Gear were doing a film, the stig got out, took off his helmet and JP was there!
Ive seen a picture and I'll see if I can post it. Im not really bothered, just sharing some information relating to the BTCC!
Like I said earlier, could of been setup?

LiamM
11th June 2007, 19:03
Plato presents Fifth Gear on Five hence, does not do Top Gear!

nicemms
11th June 2007, 19:25
Well all I know is that Alan Gow knows who the stig is because it says on his forum bit on btcc.net. Though he can't tell us who it is.

PDS
11th June 2007, 22:20
Take it from someone who knows!!

The Stig is not a BTCC driver

Well all I know is that Alan Gow knows who the stig is because it says on his forum bit on btcc.net. Though he can't tell us who it is.

Most of the people that know will not tell you!

LiamM
11th June 2007, 22:37
Most of the people that know will not tell you!

Perry McCarthy knew, and he got the sack!

MAX_THRUST
21st June 2007, 13:11
Ben Collins.

The whole point is they can change it each week and it will always be the stig!!!! Doesn't matter who, it is often a different driver.

Normally a driver without a solid contract for the year.....

EVOBOY
21st June 2007, 23:01
I was going to say Daren Turner or Ben Collins (& before any smart alec says that Ben is not a BTCC driver.....I KNOW!)Then again it could be Martin Brundle or perhaps Mark Blundel? Or even "our Nige?" ;)