PDA

View Full Version : Whatsup with prior threads?

trumperZ06
5th December 2006, 17:01
:( Did we lose all the threads posted prior to the format change ?

My private mail box has been deleted... and... trust me,

;) There were some.... " REAL BEAUTIES" there !

:s mokin:

Andrea
5th December 2006, 17:08
All that information still needs to be imported which I believe Mark is working on so we may have to go without for a period of time.

viper_man
5th December 2006, 17:30
Im all for just leaving the old posts and threads of the old site and starting afresh.

Itll just make more work for the mods when time can be better spent continuing to improve this site. I for one used to forget about threads and posts that had dropped off the bottom of page 1 after a while so I dont see the necessity to import them onto here.

Andrea
5th December 2006, 21:35
There seems to be conflicting reports regarding the old data. I've asked Mark to clarify the situation.

Daniel
5th December 2006, 22:12
There seems to be conflicting reports regarding the old data. I've asked Mark to clarify the situation.
Yes there was a lot of "hmmm don't think that's going to work" and "hmmmm how the heck do I do that" and "why did my bloody hosts suspend my account" going on today :p

Personally I'm reminded of when I lost years worth of music downloads and lots of other stuff when I had to reformat a hard drive. I thought it would be hell without all that stuff but in the end it didn't matter one bit :)

martinbalmer
5th December 2006, 22:22
I don't think the old stuff will be missed much in the long run...

Daniel
5th December 2006, 22:38
I don't think the old stuff will be missed much in the long run...
I had a funny thought today. I'd sent someone a PM the other day and they sent me back a snotty one which ended in "I've kept your PM btw" and I was like ooooooooh I'm scared. Now they don't have any PM's at all :laugh:

Valve Bounce
6th December 2006, 10:46
It would be nice if we could get rid of all the old posts and started with a new forum. Wouldn't it? :(

martinbalmer
6th December 2006, 11:04
All the old posts (minus the weekend...) are now in the archive section :)