PDA

View Full Version : Texas Three-Step

ACTF_ZETT
10th June 2007, 17:34
What a race last night as Danica Patrick comes home with her best finish yet in the Indy Racing League. Texas as usual proved to be a nonstop exciting and intense race from flag to flag.

First off, way to go Scott Sharp and Rahal/Letterman racing putting the car on the pole. All the talk that it is just AGR, Penske, and Ganassi is not completely accurate, R/L and Vision are getting better week by week.

Starting with last nights race coverage, absolutely horrible. I really wish that somehow FOX would take on IRL. I would love to see what they could do with broadcasting these races. The entire prerace show (all 7 minutes?) was completely focused on Danica and Dan, which in my opinion is a complete waste of time. Spend 3 minutes on it, talk to Sharp getting a pole, show what a dangerous track Texas is and what we are in store for. How about showing some pre-race ceremonies?

The entire race they are talking jibberish in the booth. No one cares about Danica being in 7th and Dan is in 2nd, so far Dan wins round one. WHO THE HECK CARES, COVER THE RACE. This was so annoying by half way point of the race that I wish I had access to the IMS radio network to listen to them call the race.

They are talking about adjustments a driver can make to their cars the whole night. Why cant we see this? How does this weight transfer work? Kannan had trouble getting gas in his car, show how the nozzle connects, show what is going wrong. Scheckter spun out and went to the garage, what was wrong with his car? What a great pit stop by the Ganassi drivers, here they go into turn 3 side by side, LOOK HOW CLOSE, hey LETS GO TO A COMMERCIAL!!!!! How many commercials did we have to go to last night? How many times are we going to cut away to see what Danica and Dan are doing right as other cars are going three wide into turn 1?

Horrible coverage, for the love of god, bring back Paul Page. Immediately.

Back to the racing, what kind of start was that? Hornish was a car length ahead the entire (2nd) pace lap! How do you let that go green. Someone tell Sharp to get on the gas or go to the back.

Barnhardt how bout you concentrate more on getting more cars in this field and less on breaking into drivers radio communications to tell them to pick a high or low lane.

What is going on with Marco. Another DNF? Dont get me wrong it never suprises me when Scheckter goes spinning, but usually he does it to himself. Thats two out of the last three weeks when he took out a car by cutting him off. How many cars is he going to tear up this year?

The big crash.. Once again another inncident that no one cought a good angle of on camera. There are only 20 cars on the track, how are you missing these inncidents? Vision apparently did not get the right rear tire on AJs car completely. Lots of good cars cought up in this wreck. I must say, being a Tony Kanaan fan, my living room erupted when TK drove through this crash. Completely amazing driving, what a correction to miss a loose tire at full speed, with about a foot of room to play with, he thread the needle. I dont even think he let off the gas, which may have been a bad move if he would not have made it through, could of been a very different story.

(By the way how do you not interview TK after this race? Are you kidding me?)

Get the slow cars out of the way. They were causing problems all night long.

Danica Patrick, I know a lot of great cars crashed out. If the wreck did not happen I would place her finishing anywhere from 4th to 7th, but you have to hand it to danica. She ran a great race yesterday. I am very impressed, and her audio is hilarious. "Get sharp out of my way, NOW" lol. She is very fun to watch.

Hornish stole the show. How the heck did he get a 4 second lead earlier in the race? (hint to broadcasters, maybe you could show this?)

Over all, it was a fun race to watch. A lot of side by side racing, I love it when they show the side car camera angle running through the turns. TK jumps up to 2nd in the points, Danica gained 2 spots, the top 10 cars in the point standings are really bunching up. Anyone can win this championship.

ESPNs IRL coverage sucks.

ACTF_ZETT
10th June 2007, 17:35
Oh, BTW, they showed the replay of AJ slapping Arie 10 years ago LOL. What a great moment.

Wilf
10th June 2007, 18:58
The entire race they are talking jibberish in the booth. No one cares about Danica being in 7th and Dan is in 2nd, so far Dan wins round one. WHO THE HECK CARES, COVER THE RACE. This was so annoying by half way point of the race that I wish I had access to the IMS radio network to listen to them call the race.

ESPNs IRL coverage sucks.

If you could post this then you can get the IMS Radio Network. There is a multisecond delay but it will keep you from throwing a brick through the front of your HD bigscreen.

Go to the INDYCAR.com website. Then click on Multimedia. When the page opens look on the left side and click on the IMS Radio Network which will open the most confusing page on the internet. With some effort on your part, you should be able to find the race you are looking for. They do have live streaming of each broadcast. Mike King would be over the top if he was on TV, but on radio, you will find yourself not paying attention to the screen and just listening.

I hope this helps.

Komahawk
11th June 2007, 12:18
What a fantastic race! I only could watch it on indycar.com, but even from there it was already great!

Komahawk
11th June 2007, 12:26
Oh yea, and a GREAT result by Vitor Meira! He missed the podium by 0.00something or so. He's terribly underrated, and nobody ever mentions him. He's not even been mentioned in this thread; even I almost forgot about him.

GO VITOR GO!

Maddog
20th June 2007, 22:28
If you could post this then you can get the IMS Radio Network. There is a multisecond delay but it will keep you from throwing a brick through the front of your HD bigscreen.

Go to the INDYCAR.com website. Then click on Multimedia. When the page opens look on the left side and click on the IMS Radio Network which will open the most confusing page on the internet. With some effort on your part, you should be able to find the race you are looking for. They do have live streaming of each broadcast. Mike King would be over the top if he was on TV, but on radio, you will find yourself not paying attention to the screen and just listening.

I hope this helps.

And...if you have a DVR, pause the broadcast for the delay you get from the streaming radio network.

David Bailey
8th July 2007, 21:22
Thought I'd share a couple of images from the Texas race.

David Bailey
8th July 2007, 21:23
and another.