PDA

View Full Version : Leona Lewis wins x-factor

Scuderia ferrari
16th December 2006, 23:42
Yeah, in case you have not been watching, leona lewis has won the x-factor, beating Raymond Quinn in a nail bighting final.

Talk about the result here.

speedy king
16th December 2006, 23:55
Just seen on the news, at least she can sing....

BaldyMan
17th December 2006, 09:44
I think the right person won, they were both good in their own ways.
If Ray had won I think it would have held him back as an entertainer, as they just wanted him to sing.
I would say he has still won, just came second!

306 Cosworth
17th December 2006, 10:06
It's a fix anyway :rolleyes: or in other words sh*t TV!

sonic_roadhog
17th December 2006, 10:17
It's a fix anyway :rolleyes: or in other words sh*t TV!

Managed to avoid almost all coverage of it this year...YAY! But from the little I have seen she seems quite tallented. Maybe her career will last longer than all the other "superstars" this program has found, Steve anyone?????

Sonic :)

jim mcglinchey
17th December 2006, 11:17
I think youre mistaking us all for people who give a dead rats ass.

Scuderia ferrari
17th December 2006, 14:38
I think youre mistaking us all for people who give a dead rats ass.

Well if you dislike x-factor so much, why did you post in this topic, genious?

I wanted ray to win.

Dave B
17th December 2006, 17:44
So will she be following in the illustrious footsteps of the previous winners? ie a Christmas number one followed by total obscurity?

lilmelvschilton
17th December 2006, 18:52
i thought both done really well and i am happy that leona won

stevie_gerrard
17th December 2006, 19:08
Shes great, but i would have prefered Ben to have won, he is outstanding! :)

And the song they put for Christmas number 1 is pretty poor :down:

jim mcglinchey
17th December 2006, 19:40
Well if you dislike x-factor so much, why did you post in this topic, genious?

I wanted ray to win.

Im only sleggging. I did actually watch it from around the time of the brilliant Eton Rd's departure, because the girls were into it, but I didnt care who won.

MadCat
17th December 2006, 20:45
Im not surprised Leona won to be honest, her peformances last night were brilliant!

Must say Ray was such a gentleman and is a good role model for the younger generation entering the music business :)

Mark
18th December 2006, 08:39
Results have been mixed from the talent shows.

Pop Stars: Hear'say, lasted about 6 months. Mylene Klass is now a presenter and Kym Marsh is a regular in Coronation St, not sure about the rest.

Pop Idol: Will Young did very well, hearing less of him these days but still around. He did a film recently so may be looking more at acting.

Pop Stars, The Rivals: Girls Aloud, nuff said :p

Fame Academy 1: David Sneddon. Disappeared.

Pop Idol 2: Michele McManus. Disappeared almost immediately, only surfacing to appear on 'You are what you eat'.

Fame Academy 2: Alex Parks. Who?

X-Factor 1: Steve Brookstien, disappeared immediately again.

X-Factor 2: Shayne Ward. Did well with his first two singles, disappointingly with his 3rd. He's currently laying low 'working on his album' while the current X-Factor is going on, he plans to release a new album in early 2007. We will see.

X-Factor 3 : Leona Lewis: Yet to be determined. :p

janneppi
18th December 2006, 09:08
Winning one of these tv shows is pretty meaningless, the two biggest names that came through format tv here, didn't win their competition. One came third on Idols and rides the 10-14 year old girl fan base, the other seems almost like a real group, they were in last 10ish in pop stars who met there and went on recording. They have good songs and play quite nice live too.
I can't remeber any of the winners of these shows. :)

ArrowsFA1
18th December 2006, 13:36
...a nail bighting final...
Call me a cynic, but is that "nail biting" or "long drawn out in an attempt to get more people to phone in and rake in more money"?

Good luck to the winner.