PDA

View Full Version : http://forums.motorsport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118044

ioan
7th June 2007, 16:11
I'll leave the nice journalistic make up part of the post out and comment on this part:

I understand Renault have lost a couple of key aero people lately (and have just applied for rezoning approval on a new wind tunnel), but what do you think they'd do for a driver who was 1.3-2.0 seconds a lap faster than Fisi right now?

and where would that put them on the grid?

They would all pay whatever asked for a driver that is 2 seconds per lap faster than Fisi but they all know that the old Nurburgring isn't anymore used in F1 races. And I fail how could another driver be 2 seconds a lap faster than Fisi, and man I'm no fan of his, in the same car.

I might not be that good with turning words around but I still keep my feet on the ground when making a comment.

Mickey T
7th June 2007, 18:54
I'll leave the nice journalistic make up part of the post out .

So, you'll just ignore everything you have no answer to out of the sheer convenience of not having to admit you're wrong?

They would all pay whatever asked for a driver that is 2 seconds per lap faster than Fisi but they all know that the old Nurburgring isn't anymore used in F1 races. And I fail how could another driver be 2 seconds a lap faster than Fisi, and man I'm no fan of his, in the same car.

I might not be that good with turning words around but I still keep my feet on the ground when making a comment.

Did you not see any of the last two seasons?

Fisi was, quite simply, blown away.

Do you not remember, for example, his race engineer screaming at him that he was two seconds a lap off FA and that he had to do better?

the previous comment was right, also, in that Alonso had plenty of chances to roll out of the throttle for the last stint (sometimes more) to conserve the car, and he still averaged 0.5 seconds a lap quicker than Fisi.

On the long, critical runs when the fight was in the balance, he was normally closer to 1.3+ seconds a lap faster.

Fisi is a quality driver when the mood takes him (a bit Ralf-ish), but he is not consistent.

If it's on pace versus Fisi that you want to attack your idol's nemesis, you'd better find another angle...

ioan
7th June 2007, 19:10
So, you'll just ignore everything you have no answer to out of the sheer convenience of not having to admit you're wrong?

I simply have no time to dissect and answer bull$hit.

Did you not see any of the last two seasons?

Fisi was, quite simply, blown away.

Do you not remember, for example, his race engineer screaming at him that he was two seconds a lap off FA and that he had to do better?

the previous comment was right, also, in that Alonso had plenty of chances to roll out of the throttle for the last stint (sometimes more) to conserve the car, and he still averaged 0.5 seconds a lap quicker than Fisi.

On the long, critical runs when the fight was in the balance, he was normally closer to 1.3+ seconds a lap faster.

Fisi is a quality driver when the mood takes him (a bit Ralf-ish), but he is not consistent.

If it's on pace versus Fisi that you want to attack your idol's nemesis, you'd better find another angle...

He might have been 0.5 seconds faster than Fisi, but 1.3 - 2 as you were previously claiming, he was not.
If we take into account occasional bigger lap time differences than we could also claim that Fisi was faster than FA (jut take a look to the last USGP).

Fisi isn't as good as FA but on the other hand FA isn't 1.3 - 2 seconds a lap faster than Fisi, and he couldn't have won any of the 5 races this year with that Renault. That's all.

Back to Kimi now.

Mickey T
8th June 2007, 10:20
I simply have no time to dissect and answer bull$hit.

Everything I post is my own opinion and I\'ll always try to back it up!

So which one is it, then? You might have to change this to something more appropriate to your new mantra...

He might have been 0.5 seconds faster than Fisi, but 1.3 - 2 as you were previously claiming, he was not.
If we take into account occasional bigger lap time differences than we could also claim that Fisi was faster than FA (jut take a look to the last USGP).

Fisi isn't as good as FA but on the other hand FA isn't 1.3 - 2 seconds a lap faster than Fisi, and he couldn't have won any of the 5 races this year with that Renault. That's all.

I said he often posted race laps 1.3 - 2 seconds off Fisi. Often, not always.

No denying that Fisi was on or better than FA's pace three or four races a year and, if anything, this goes against your argument, because it reduces the average per-lap gap to FA for the races when he was off the pace.

ie, often.

There are full spreadsheets out there of lap-by-lap timing from one driver to another, and especially within teams. Indeed, they show quite clearly that Fisi's laps in the crucial first and second stints were often between 1.3 and 2 seconds off FA's pace.

When his own race engineer is chiding him over the radio, saying he cannot possibly be two seconds slower than Alonso, he must have been basing his arguments on lap timing data that was obviously not as accurate as the data you use to form your opinions.

He's sitting there with banks of computers and lap traces for throttle, steering, brakes, g analysts and such minute, obscure data logging you'd barely conceive that it could all be useful.

But somehow, you still know Fisi's lapping habits better than him.

there's a golden rule: when you're in a hole, stop digging.

Can't believe, actually, with your eyes so firmly fixed on MS, that you ever noticed Fisi dawdling around that far back.